• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
^ Little more feedback from Turbo Tech Racing. I'm going to send them a mount, so they can spec it.

Part number 81810A looks like the same base as the Veloster turbo. Can you confirm this is same as yours, other than yours is cast aluminum.

21815A upper support is a different profile, if we just have to make a different upper support with the existing Veloster base, we should be able to get one to market quickly for you.

Any interest in getting us your mount, or a complete factory mount to borrow for 1 week to get dimensions off of?

Let us know.

Aaron
Turbo Tech Racing

We'll make it happen with them.:D Hot dang we are on the way. Looking forward to have this mount available. Refer to this thread for further updates; https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/turbo-tech-racing-upper-coming-lower-motor-mounts-for-veloster-n-and-i30n.4334/

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Well just got a response from John @ DDamFast about their flash tuning and short ram & full CAI to be available very soon. Yes I said, FLASH TUNING via a handheld unit. They can now FLASH TUNE the ECU with a handheld. This can be done multiple times without detection from stock to modified. Whoo hoo!!
Not to rain on the parade but this guys a total shyster. He’s been laughed out of every community for his poor tuning abilities and general know it all prick attitude towards anyone that questions him. I’ve previously used his parts on my car only to have them fail a short time after installing.

Not to rain on the parade but this guys a total shyster. He’s been laughed out of every community for his poor tuning abilities and general know it all prick attitude towards anyone that questions him. I’ve previously used his parts on my car only to have them fail a short time after installing.

Oh man. Thanks for the heads up.

The point here is; the capability of a reflashing the ECU is now prevalent. So, it won't be long before other tuners are also able to duplicate the process.

If a so called and labeled neerdowell, (no offense to DDamFast or John) is capable of creating a flash method, then certainly other tuners will follow short order.:)

I utilized a Cobb flash unit and it was not only simple but reversible in just a quick order as it was flashed. It was a real plus and will be for the VN as well. It's a great option and pursuing of such avenues and alternatives, are well worth the efforts.

This is an important step towards tuning options for the VN. I'll leave the labeling of such to someone else and focus on the positive, aspects and newer capabilities, for what they bring into perspective from both the VN and the i30N.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS
The point here is; the capability of a reflashing the ECU is now prevalent. So, it won't be long before other tuners are also able to duplicate the process.

If a so called and labeled neerdowell, (no offense to DDamFast or John) is capable of creating a flash method, then certainly other tuners will follow short order.:)

I utilized a Cobb flash unit and it was not only simple but reversible in just a quick order as it was flashed. It was a real plus and will be for the VN as well. It's a great option and pursuing of such avenues and alternatives, are well worth the efforts.

This is an important step towards tuning options for the VN. I'll leave the labeling of such to someone else and focus on the positive, aspects and newer capabilities, for what they bring into perspective from both the VN and the i30N.:)
We can only hope so ! I believe it was only recently he advertised the same ability with the VT1s. But sadly nothing ever became of it. If I remember correctly someone reached out to Cobb and they had no intentions of working with VN platform. This may be due to a lot of port tuning companies getting slapped with huge fines. Because of emission regulations and having the ability to clear O2 codes, EGR codes etc.
Oh man. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem, just trying to look out for our community ! If anyone wants to learn more about them you can start with BBB then go to the focus ST and abarth forums.. they’ve been pretty much banned from most forums and several of the VN Facebook pages as well.

Edit* attached you will see first hand why this guy gets so much hate not just for his subpar products but also general attitude. And that’s also why he’s banned from most communities. These toxic individuals should never be supported imo. A1F57F94-8807-4165-AA42-6B86614BE4FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I did as well as several others. It's Cobbs loss in the long run. My main goal here is; making as many viable products visible and known to the community. I attempt to stay away from questionable products and businesses.

However I'm excited with ECU Cloning and Flashing becoming available. Speaking of cloning, mileage recording will be a problem swapping from modified ECU to OEM ECU and back.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, John did not write this flashing suite. It was created by BitBox and still requires the stock ECU to be opened and places into boot mode so the TPROT password can be removed/replaced. A slave unit can then be used to flash the ECU (this is not a handheld, but rather your computer with a device attached). Do note that if you brought your vehicle to the dealer with change made to the protection password(s), this could be detected and could cause unknown problems if a dealership attempts to flash the vehicle with an update.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
The mileage recording with a cloned ecu concerns me. If I was semi confident the car wouldn't have another recall for a software update (and potentially wipe out the reflash) I'd just flash the original but we're not there yet.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Well it's something that's going to be a problem with cloning and swapping. There's just no way around the mileage display issue or to update it effectively in the OEM ECU.

Eventually, there is going to be a software update. If a handheld unit is finally realized, we'll be able to overcome the issue. Until a handheld becomes available, I don't see the Bitbox as a viable option.:(

If it's from Bitbox then, it's a CAN Module and a USB Dongle. Well, at least the prospect of flashing is definately on the way. :)

Further noting; problems can also arise with OEM flashing over a remap. A remap can be detected by the dealership as well.

There's a little thing called and OBD II Port Lock you can install and will disallow the GDS to be plugged in unless you remove it. There are all sort of devices to move the OBDII Port or disable it from being utilized.

https://shop.autocyb.com/products/autocyb-vehicle-cyber-lock
rs=w:600,h:600

You don't have to let the dealer access it either. You can simply tell them you don't want it reflashed. This is also a great anti-theft device for would be thieves. This blocks the EDS Black Box & NFS devices from insurance companies or anyone who wants to access it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS
Yes it does have a smaller panoramic mirror. I don't know though, I'll have to look and see if the part numbers crossover. Doesn't the i30 N have a LDS? If so, it wouldn't. The VN is not equipped with the LDS or LKA.

Last edited:
Possibly a mirror from one of the other Veloster trims that has lka. If it even fits.