• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Tweeters!

Right, removed the grills/covers and it's basically impossible to not mark them. So now I need to buy new ones or maybe cover them with some speaker cloth......

First things first, the sound is dramatically better just by removing the tweeters. No joke! Ripping them out may be the only mod required if you just want to improve the bass response.

Here is the stock tweeter, the capacitor is wired into the complete unit. Therefore you can use the new crossover that comes with your new tweeters:
IMG_20190405_173908126-600x800.jpg

Can you re-use the existing brackets?
Yes, if you want get a bit brutal with it:
IMG_20190405_173925651-800x600.jpg

Luckily for me I can shave down the internal hole diameter in the covers and my tweeter of choice fits perfectly. No need for any brackets at all:
IMG_20190405_174009744-600x800.jpg

Hope this helps anyone looking at doing their own upgrades. Tweeters seem to be the major weak spot but be prepared to cause some damage.
 
Right, I seem to be talking into the wind regarding this but to finally clarify.....

CHANGING the tweeters is fully recommended! Now I've changed mine to something else the sound quality has changed almost 100% for the better. There is clarity and there is now smooth treble without any "tinny-ness". The Mid-range from the door speakers is now coming through the mix better too.

The ones I changed to only cost £35 and fit with minor modification. (Focal TWU1.5)

The general sound is now on par with my old Dynaudio set-up in the Golf R. Obviously no subwoofer but I really don't feel the need for it. I have Audison woofers to go in the rear doors yet so that might give a bit more thump.

The whole set-up has cost me approx. £150 which is a bargain for the difference its made :cool:
 
Last edited:
If you are careful then minimal damage, mine seemed to be really pressed in hard though.

Once I made some marks I just then really went for it and didn't care. Waiting for prices for new ones, I can't imagine them being too expensive to replace.

If not I will cover them with acoustic cloth and make it a neat job.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pastiche
I've been searching for a while and found this:

8484711.png


According to that website, part numbers for the tweeter covers for left hand drive i30's are:

Left side cover
d711be688e79e809b3c5406d19de283fo.jpg

Right side cover
ab0b3bc3bef4ccf1f8728e2f43bed720o.jpg


Not sure about the TRY and GSY. It says that are interior trims... but the part number is the same for both of them.

Link
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For right hand drive i30's:

Left side cover
e31c8ee45e6742ffc2d6846a3504171do.jpg

Right side cover
79f2b7157469d207ff924e1a6d3e995bo.jpg


Link
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part numbers for the Elantra GT are:

84725-G3000TRY
84726-G3000TRY

But they don't ship outside USA.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gtchaa and B00n87
That's cheap.

I could only find them in a online store in Latvia for 85-90€ including shipping. What is weird though is that left cover is like 43€ and the right one is only 15€.
 
Here in Croatia they are about 14 € a piece.
102 £ seems very wrong :)

Exactly, I was expecting £15-20 each. I saw the price on the parts guys screen. I'm still in disbelief!!

Can your guys in Croatia get rhd parts?
 
Got a response:

Harman Support <support@harman.com> wrote:
Hello BadShadd,​
​
Good day! Thank you again for reaching the Harman Aftermarket Car Audio.​
I believe that you are looking for replacement speakers and amplifiers for your Hyundai i30N.​
​
We provide recommendations on what aftermarket units fits into vehicles and we would like to know more about your car.​
Please provide us with the following information:​
  • Year of the vehicle model
  • Factory speaker measurements (Examples: depth, diameter, sizes, etc.)
  • If it is indeed the Euro-version of the Elantra GT Sport in the US, please confirm to us if it has the same dimensions and car audio components, in particular to speaker locations and sizes.
We sell Infinity and JBL aftermarket speakers and amplifiers. We will try to find out what speaker models fits into your car.​
When it comes to retailers, you can either buy through us direct or through one of our authorized retailers for car components, like Crutchfield and Sonic Electronix.​
​
Feel free to reply through this email at your convenience.​
​
Regards,​
​
Paul​
Customer Support​
Harman Lifestyle Division​
​
Anyone have all those dimensions already / access to a diagram with them? Would save me time & effort and allow for a faster response.

@jeroenvde - you maybe?

Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
Got a response:

Harman Support <support@harman.com> wrote:
Hello BadShadd,​
​
Good day! Thank you again for reaching the Harman Aftermarket Car Audio.​
I believe that you are looking for replacement speakers and amplifiers for your Hyundai i30N.​
​
We provide recommendations on what aftermarket units fits into vehicles and we would like to know more about your car.​
Please provide us with the following information:​
  • Year of the vehicle model
  • Factory speaker measurements (Examples: depth, diameter, sizes, etc.)
  • If it is indeed the Euro-version of the Elantra GT Sport in the US, please confirm to us if it has the same dimensions and car audio components, in particular to speaker locations and sizes.
We sell Infinity and JBL aftermarket speakers and amplifiers. We will try to find out what speaker models fits into your car.​
When it comes to retailers, you can either buy through us direct or through one of our authorized retailers for car components, like Crutchfield and Sonic Electronix.​
​
Feel free to reply through this email at your convenience.​
​
Regards,​
​
Paul​
Customer Support​
Harman Lifestyle Division​
​
Anyone have all those dimensions already / access to a diagram with them? Would save me time & effort and allow for a faster response.

@jeroenvde - you maybe?

Thanks in advance
Awesome they replied!

But looks like they want to sell you an aftermarket system, not the OEM 'elantra gt infinity premium sound system'. Or am I reading it wrong?
 
From the Hyundai Accessory Shop (https://hyundaizubehoer.de/de/i30-n/209145-soundupgrade-komplettkit-deluxe-i30-pd.html), I was able to get some of the dimensions of their components, but the Elantra GT appeared to have additional pieces that aren't on the i30N.

From the Infinity website:
It seems to have a center speaker also. Not sure how we could install that.
1554880351915.png

This is the Canadian Elantra:
Looks like it has the amplifier and subwoofer. But not the center speaker...
http://apc.onwheels.ru/hyundai.lmz?c=200&t=550&r=hac&usrt=1920
 
  • Like
Reactions: BadShadd
I have a sub-woofer which can use a line input. Has anyone run speaker cable from rear door speakers into the boot? Looking for any information on how to remove all the internal plastic trim in order to hide the speaker cable.
 
hi all, looking to upgrade the speakers in the car and this is what I am looking to do any feedback would be appreciated as I haven't looked at audio systems since I was 18 (I'm 33 now)

front speakers: JL C3600
rear speaker: might leave as is or JL C1650X
amp: kicker amp KXA800.5
sub: kicker 45CWTB84 might also go for 10inch.

thoughts?