• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Sound Upgrade

Maverick

May 10, 2018
Europe
This sound upgrade package just came out on Hyundai DE Accessories website for i30N. :eek:
(link)

It consists of a set of 4 speakers, ring adapters and an amplifier:
Pioneer TS-G1730F (link)
Pioneer TS-A173Ci (link)
Pioneer GM-D1004 (link)

According to Hyundai, requires 2 hours to be installed, comes with standard two year warranty and costs 311 EUR to get it in the mail.
Guesstimating plus 200 EUR for installation, this upgrade would cost around 500 EUR.

Amazing, as I was looking into something like that, and it suits everyone that wanted to simply plug in a subwoofer to this! :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

MrDeeJay

Apr 14, 2018
Scotland
was also looking in better sound. Would love to see an installation manual for this.

Exactly my thought. I'm not keen on pioneer, I've got Alpine amps and speakers in my Jeep and they're bitchin...

How do we hook the amps up to the sound system?

Maverick

May 10, 2018
Europe
How do we hook the amps up to the sound system?
Well I won't.
I'll let my dealership take care of it, because I'll have more things to be installed when the car arrives anyway.
On i30N you must remove half the dash to get the head unit off if you need the outputs and/or remove all four (or just two) doors to upgrade the speakers, the tweeters are a bitch to get to, plus a fused power line direct from the battery. It's too big of a project to be messing around on a new car for me. They mess up, they fix it. I mess up, I pay. Probably more than it'll cost to let them install it in the first place, imo.

Reactions: MrDeeJay

thunder

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you very much for the info, I think u can buy all the items for the half prize in a shop.

Nabster323

Apr 23, 2018
Near Bristol
I'm pretty happy with the sound system in my N Performance edition, is this really an upgrade and if so why don't they offer it at time of build haha!

Maverick

May 10, 2018
Europe
It always comes down to taste. All standard factory systems without a subwoofer have poor bass on the low ends, and since you can't have proper boxes in a car for obvious reasons, that's where it fits in. Also, without getting too technical, a better quality sound package will offer more clarity, more precise frequency representation/response, less distortion at higher volume, etc. They don't offer it as default, because it would cost more, and that's one of the main selling points of this car as well, I think.

Nabster323

Apr 23, 2018
Near Bristol
I agree with their mentality on keeping the cost down and can understand. My sound system in the mercedes was amazing and I do appreciate the need for a sub. I think a good majority of recordings I listen to take into consideration the absence of a sub thankfully.

alinturbut

Dec 28, 2017
What kind of subwoofer are you thinking of adding?

Do these come with an installation manual? My dealership said that they can install it, if the kit comes with a manual.

Last edited:

Maverick

May 10, 2018
Europe
General directions would be:
1. Pry up the display screw cover panel behind the dash display, releasing five clips. Slide toward driver's side and remove it.
2. Remove two screws exposed underneath.
3. Open glove box and pry off passenger's side dash end cap, releasing five clips and remove it.
5. Remove one screw exposed by removal of passenger's side dash end cap.
6. Pry out upper corner of driver's side knee panel enough to clear dash trim strip.
7. Pry out dash trim strip to release ten clips, disconnect harnesses and remove it.
8. Remove two screws exposed by removal of dash trim strip, then pull out center vent panel to release two clips, disconnect harness and remove vent panel.
9. Remove the two screws securing the lower receiver brackets. Pull out the receiver, releasing two clips, disconnect harnesses and remove it.

Sadly I can't provide any pictures, copyrights and shit. :rolleyes:
PM me if you want more information.
This is done on a normal i30 2018. Process should be exactly the same on N as well.

southGeo

May 9, 2018
Wimborne
Would seriously consider this, beyond my alarm issues the general sound is probably the only gripe I have with the car and having it done by Hyundai officially (even though it's obviously going to cost more) just makes me feel more at ease for re-sale value. Has anyone enquired about this in the UK?