• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
And does someone know where the tweeters are located in the back? Is it better to use a two way speaker or a component speaker there?

I'm thinking of Audiosystems M 165 Evo for Front and Back

So, if I change the tweeters and speakers and use the original wiring it would still cut the deeps out of my tweeters by default?

Haven't tried it yet but yes I'd hope so. Otherwise you'll have to bypass the original tweeter caps and put your new crossover in place.

Have a look in the Sound Upgrade topic, general opinion is the tweeters aren't really worth changing. People are generally just changing the door speakers.

Yours distort? I've not notice that, they go plenty loud enough without distorting just rather shrill generally.

Started on mine today, got one side done before family chores got in the way. Annoying but at least the other side should be quicker.....pulling on the door card to start removing it was not fun.

IMG_20190329_165357525~2-800x600.jpg
^ Something really satisfying about cutting up the Hyundai one to reuse the frame!
IMG_20190329_165413634-800x600.jpg
^ Door speakers that I'm putting in. Hardly any difference in depth compared to OEM.

Going to see if I can do something with these tweeters, there are enough mounting options to hopefully get these in somehow?!

IMG_20190329_165625995~2-800x600.jpgIMG_20190329_165718148-600x800.jpg

Any tips for removing the tweeter covers from the top of the dash without damaging anything?
A small screwdriver will clearly leave marks!!

Those suckers are on tight!

Reactions: Gazza
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Reactions: Gazza
Swapped my front speakers out for some Hertz Dieci DCX170.3 and been running with them now for a week.

Definite improvement all around but do still need to adjust EQ to remove most of the treble.
It is certainly all thats needed to get an "improved stock" sound but I am going to try a tweeter swap as well to see what difference that makes. (Once I get the dash grills off......grrrrrrr).

Now also have some Audison AP6.5 Woofers for the rear doors that I will try after sorting front tweeters.

Doing it in stages to see where the main differences can be heard (plus this car is so easy to take apart and try things it would be rude not too.....apart from tweeter covers :D).

Last edited:
Let's write to them and find out - maybe we can work a sample installation.
Just dropped them a line:

Hello - I just found out about this site. I'm a Hyundai i30N (Euro-version of the Elantra GT Sport) owner. I was trying to figure out how to put together an order of what I needed to replace the speakers / add an amp in my i30N. Could you point me in the right direction? Be interested in a price quote / retailer that sells your products.

Thanks in advance,
BadShadd

Just dropped them a line:

Hello - I just found out about this site. I'm a Hyundai i30N (Euro-version of the Elantra GT Sport) owner. I was trying to figure out how to put together an order of what I needed to replace the speakers / add an amp in my i30N. Could you point me in the right direction? Be interested in a price quote / retailer that sells your products.

Thanks in advance,
BadShadd
You mailed Infinity? great! :)
Hope they can help us

Reactions: BadShadd