• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Looking good! Tidy job you did there!
How high is the woofer? Can you still use the OEM floorboard?
 
awesome! are you not scared about the amplifier overheating?

Not really. The subwoofer was installed in my old vehicle for about 2 years, summer (air conditioner defective) and winter. At that time I could only park in the sun in summer. In addition, it has a low output power, but which is sufficient for proper bass support.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jeroenvde
what is a wireless relay? :)

When you have hi level input sensing on amplifier, it detects DC offset voltage.
The thing is, N turns on his infotainment as soon as you open drivers door.
That is the time your subwoofer turns on.
When you turn off the car and open drivers door infotainment is still on.
That's why your subwoofer stays on.
It takes about 3 minutes to turn infotainment off when the drivers door are closed again.
As soon as you open them infotainment and subwoofer kicks back in :)

I had the same problem so I took some measurements :)
Everything works fine, it just has that 3 minute time delay.
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
what is a wireless relay? :)

When you have hi level input sensing on amplifier, it detects DC offset voltage.
The thing is, N turns on his infotainment as soon as you open drivers door.
That is the time your subwoofer turns on.
When you turn off the car and open drivers door infotainment is still on.
That's why your subwoofer stays on.
It takes about 3 minutes to turn infotainment off when the drivers door are closed again.
As soon as you open them infotainment and subwoofer kicks back in :)

I had the same problem so I took some measurements :)
Everything works fine, it just has that 3 minute time delay.

A wireless relay (if it's called like that :D) is a switch which is controllable via remote :) So i can turn the sub on and off with a single press on my remote..

Hm.. I waited about 5 minutes in the car (Doors closed), but the subwoofer has not turned off..
Maybe the subwoofer even has a turn-off delay or something is wrong with him. But thank you for that information :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haba1205
what is a wireless relay? :)

When you have hi level input sensing on amplifier, it detects DC offset voltage.
The thing is, N turns on his infotainment as soon as you open drivers door.
That is the time your subwoofer turns on.
When you turn off the car and open drivers door infotainment is still on.
That's why your subwoofer stays on.
It takes about 3 minutes to turn infotainment off when the drivers door are closed again.
As soon as you open them infotainment and subwoofer kicks back in :)

I had the same problem so I took some measurements :)
Everything works fine, it just has that 3 minute time delay.

Stupid question, can't you set a threshold on the high level input? So it sees the "silence voltage" as shut down?
 
Stupid question, can't you set a threshold on the high level input? So it sees the "silence voltage" as shut down?

I think the problem would be that it would not be an active component, so it would change the sound too..

I will measure it again today or tomorrow and see if the subwoofer shuts off after maybe 6, 7 or 8 minutes.
Otherwise, my high-level input is broken. But I like to be able to switch on the subwoofer separately, which I have been able to do on my old pioneer radio. So I'm independent of equalizers and crossover, although the crossover unfortunately can not be set on the radio..
 
  • Like
Reactions: jeroenvde
Suddenly another question appears. Will the fader bug also have effect on the amplifier?
 
So when you tell me if you mean the fader Position to the back - I would say no, because I connected the high level input to the rear speakers :D
My fader goes both ways, front and rear bug :D i shall take L speaker from front and R speaker from rear lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
Last edited:
Yesterday I treated myself to the windscreen noise fix.

Tutorial: https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/how-to-dashboard-windshield-noise-fix.1935/#post-28887
Thanks @Tom Vanlimbergen & Hyundaiboard.de

The Video I made about this: https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/how-to-dashboard-windshield-noise-fix.1935/page-2#post-33605

Some pics:

View attachment 3877

View attachment 3878

View attachment 3879

If you successfully remove the wipers, this task is easy. However, I started 3 times until I could remove my wiper. :D
What's your manufacture date? Cause I had different parts installed according to the tutorial you followed as well and I wasn't able to fix my problem unfortunately. Actually, there might be a second problem, coming from the dashboard itself which I presume is my case...
 
What's your manufacture date? Cause I had different parts installed according to the tutorial you followed as well and I wasn't able to fix my problem unfortunately. Actually, there might be a second problem, coming from the dashboard itself which I presume is my case...
Manufacturing of the cover was 15.03.2018 02:58 from worker 1092 :D Maybe it's the sound generators wires (or the generator itself)? What also could be:

IMG_20181106_122512-1612x907.jpg

This thing made a really ugly noise on the passengers (EU) side, because it was not where it should have been.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RedDriver
View attachment 3323

Today I played around with AndroidAuto a bit. Now it really works completely to mirror the screen and process the inputs via touch. What I noticed: The sound quality via AA is noticeable better than USB-Stick playback. Did someone else notice that?
However, what bothers me is the AA-Navigation-bar. Does anyone know if you can turn off / hide this?

I agree with you, I noticed the same issue, my car dont have DAB, uses FM and the radio sound quality is very poor and low volume, when I use USB the quality is very good and when I use Spotify or MDPlayer with AA sound is very very good with the poor stock speaks of Hyundai.

Regards
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
I agree with you, I noticed the same issue, my car dont have DAB, uses FM and the radio sound quality is very poor and low volume, when I use USB the quality is very good and when I use Spotify or MDPlayer with AA sound is very very good with the poor stock speaks of Hyundai.

Regards
That's it. 128 kbit mp3 sounds better on Android Auto as 320kbit via Bluetooth or USB..
But now I cant complain about any Sound quality with my Front stereoupgrade and the small subwoofer :) sounds simply awesome.
 
I was preparing to make a gag about not being able to tell the difference on my tiny desktop speakers, but hats off to you - it genuinely does sound better even through a youtube video played through tiny desktop speakers. I'm becoming increasingly convinced of the benefits, although I think i'd probably want something to go under the passenger seat. Boot space is at a premium for me. Great job though, looks super clean with that false floor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree