• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Thanks for the video.

As my spoiler seems to be loose at the right side I'll have a look at the screw.

So perfect timing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
Thanks for the video.

As my spoiler seems to be loose at the right side I'll have a look at the screw.

So perfect timing.
Yes it was perfect timing :D another guy was happy to give this to his car wrapper, another had problems with his washer and the third wanted to make his triangle looking like mine :D

I'm glad to help people. Maybe many people will need this stuff in 4-5 years, when warranty time is over and the won't visit every single time their dealers...
 
...
I'm glad to help people. Maybe many people will need this stuff in 4-5 years, when warranty time is over and the won't visit every single time their dealers...

That´s why I love this forum. A lot of helpfull ppl.

As for my problem. The screw nut was actually loose. Tightened it and now everything is fine. No more squeeking plasic noises.
 
Looks like New..
IMG_20181020_181714-01-1220x686.jpeg
Yesterday I decided to mount my Winter wheels..

2.jpeg
Wow. Really big brakes.

2~01.jpg
That's how it looks like..

2.jpg
And the whole car..

After mounting the tires, I made a short test drive. It's really crazy how much difference between the 18 and the 19 inches. The steering wheel is easier to move, the car is much smoother on the road, you do not get bruises on the butt when you drive over a pebble .. :D

Visually, the 19s are a bit fancier, because they are bigger. I managed to get in my rims in the 8800km in which I own the car now no scratch or anything like that. They look like new. I hope that I will succeed this with my winter shoes. Unfortunately, I had no scales, so I could not measure the difference in weight. However, I have seen much heavier (but also lighter) OEM rims.
 
Looks like New..
View attachment 3648
Yesterday I decided to mount my Winter wheels..

View attachment 3649
Wow. Really big brakes.

View attachment 3650
That's how it looks like..

View attachment 3651
And the whole car..

After mounting the tires, I made a short test drive. It's really crazy how much difference between the 18 and the 19 inches. The steering wheel is easier to move, the car is much smoother on the road, you do not get bruises on the butt when you drive over a pebble .. :D

Visually, the 19s are a bit fancier, because they are bigger. I managed to get in my rims in the 8800km in which I own the car now no scratch or anything like that. They look like new. I hope that I will succeed this with my winter shoes. Unfortunately, I had no scales, so I could not measure the difference in weight. However, I have seen much heavier (but also lighter) OEM rims.


Hi,

Great photos. My car came with 19 inch winter rims. The winter tires in 19 inch is still more smooth than the PZ summer. Hopefully they work well in snow and ice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
Saturday was DynoDay:

Run.jpg

We were a nice little group with 7 Ns, an Abarth Punto and an Audi RS.
First time I spotted another micron grey in "wild" (except one guy near me, with his normal i30 in MG).
Most of the people from n-cars.net or hyundaiboard.
It was a lot of nice talk and all in all a nice day despite the bad weather.

2018-10-29__11.10.21-01.jpeg

Interesting: There were all 7 vehicles in the 5% tolerance, so acceptable.

Vehicles with V-Power / Ultimate had 1-2hp more. The i30N non-performance of @justr0st was the same performance as our performance variants.

Short Video: [...Coming soon...]


Dynograph.jpg

ergebnis.jpg
 
Last edited:
How big was the difference in driven kilometers between the N's?

And very interesting, that the non Performance car as the same Power.
 
Power figures look good nonetheless! :D

Next time I hope I can make it and tag along.. :rolleyes::confused:
 
Anyway, I would say that this winter we can all meet somewhere comfortable. Talk a little and drink coffee / tea / cocoa. And you can bring us delicious food from the oven. :D

Maverick in a pinny I’d pay good money to see that!
 
Almost. My non-performance had much more transmission power loss, the whole 34% (because of LSD absence, i guess). So only 188 hp on the wheel by 261.5 hp engine power.
Can anyone explain me what this means at the end? :oops:
How and when do you notice in the car?
 
A while ago, I swapped the front speakers for HERTZ speakers. The speakers have caused a great improvement of the sound. Since I was missing something in the low-frequency range, last week I installed an active subwoofer (JBL Basspro II). Again Many thanks to @Haba1205 for the nice support ;D

If you want to do this job clean, the N looks like a construction site.
2018-11-05__12.35.17-806x453.jpeg

When installing I have removed almost all panels, but not the B-pillar. I pushed the cables after I wrapped them up behind the pillar.

IMG_20181030_113657-1612x907.jpg

The most ugly part:I pushed the cable into the engine room first, then attached a cable to it and pulled it inwards. Pull this cable to my power cord and then with this back to the engine compartment. That was a work that was not nice at all.
IMG_20181030_104111-907x1612.jpg

After that, I have the cables laid under the seat in the trunk.
IMG_20181030_113704-1612x907.jpg
On this picture you can see how the cables look wrapped up.
IMG_20181030_114405-1612x907.jpg

On the passenger side, I have also laid a line for the volume control. This could now be checked in the glove box.
IMG_20181030_121533-907x1612.jpg

The connection to the battery I have made with a fuse holder. The fuse should only be used when the other connections are ready.
IMG_20181030_131225-1612x907.jpg

Here you can see the mess. I also insulated the luggage compartment with alubutyl, because the spare wheel well is very thin and produces unpleasant vibrations.
IMG_20181030_134516-1612x907.jpg

IMG_20181030_151842-907x1612.jpg
 
Last edited:
I stole the signal from the connectors for the rear speakers. Since I use a cable lug, this connection can be removed if necessary.
IMG-20181031-WA0009.jpg

After all connections were made, I tested my setup. After everything worked, I have installed all the panels.
IMG_20181105_120441-1612x907.jpg

Since I had problems with my high level input (The speakers have a long time noise after the vehicle was turned off, so the subwoofer was almost always on) I connected a wireless relay to the subwoofer. This can now fake the remote signal from the radio. In addition, it can now be switched on and off via the remote control.
IMG_20181105_120454-1612x907.jpg


Luckily, I found a cheap trunk bag that matched the interior color after I installed everything. In this bag are now a grocery bag, my umbrella, the compressor, [...] stowed.
IMG_20181105_120430-1612x907.jpg

The installation took a while, but every minute was worth it. It does not matter to me to let the car shake, but the small subwoofer can do that. Now I can hear the lower frequencies much better, without setting the radio loud and set the bass to maximum.
 
Last edited: