• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Will be interesting to see the difference between silver and black at an MG car.
I ordered mine (the Hyundai ones) half a month ago at my dealer and going to change them sometime in october.
 
Will be interesting to see the difference between silver and black at an MG car.
I ordered mine (the Hyundai ones) half a month ago at my dealer and going to change them sometime in october.
Silver looks bigger on a dark car. That was one reason why I wanted silver wheels. I put the tires next to the car yesterday and looked at them from a distance. The silvery look pretty much the same as the dark stock rims.
 
Disabled the Start/Stop ISG with a memory module:

Some pictures of the eBay module:

IMG_20181017_100435.jpg
Changed the wire colours for better identification.

IMG_20181017_100925.jpg
Wrapped the wires with that fluffy adhesive tape. This prevents the cables from causing noise on the vehicle trim after installation and makes it look much cleaner.

IMG_20181017_101152.jpg
Circuit board protected by transparent shrink tubing. This prevents damage due to short circuit.

Video (german) of the installation /HowTo:


It works. The module saves the last state of the vehicle. If the Start/Stop function has been turned off, it will be deactivated after the next start. When turned on, it will turn on again the next time you start up.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RedDwarf
Nice.
Lifts from the GD? What’s the red wire in front of the fuse box?

Edit: are there instructions where to cut the seals? Or cut by eye.
 
Nice.
Lifts from the GD? What’s the red wire in front of the fuse box?

Yes, aftermarket GD Lifters.
Edit: Not, just cut by eye...

The red wire is y wire from my marten defense. I wanted to shorten that months ago :D Will be on my ToDo List for monday :D

But you really seem to want the weight of the hood from the GD. They look a bit exhausted with the N^^
 
Last edited:
Lifts from the GD?
The lifts for GD/GHD are quite shorter, and need some light modification to fit.

IMG_20180921_094119-1488x1984.jpg

@padigree this looks very nice although I also think it would be better screwing it on the upper side. I'm a bit concerned about that rubber insulation, I really really don't want to cut it, sigh. How did you cut yours?
 
I used a cutter :D but I have the pieces, so I can Glue them if something goes wrong. I saw someone fitting them the same way I did it. So it works, the hood is Lifting (nearly alone) and it stays in Position. I thought about one more centimeter, because these are really short. But I would get some problems with my selfmade brackets when I would try to move them to the other screw. I think I'll made a new one when there's time for it. At the moment im lucky that it works that way :)
 
are you sure you would survive that test?
(not talking about the cat's reaction)?
 
@Riviat & @Safcwarrior & @Haba1205 & @asd
The Cat / mouse / weird dog / ferret:
Seems to be interessted in driviN my N.

View attachment 3153

-.- really?!

View attachment 3154
Be glad that you are a cat and I have to like you.
Next time you'll take a bath in car-shampoo before you roll on my car. Maybe the fluffy side is like a microfiber cloth?

Not sure about car wash rags or Microfibre cloths, but they make for efficient brooms on hardwood or tiled floors. One or 2 spins is all they're good for before running away though :(.