• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Today I received my gate slot pads. I'm a bit disappointed. Not about the quality, which is by the way really good, no, I'm dissapointed about the size and the way it fits. That's why I only used a few of them.
IMG_20180808_101223-1664x1248.jpgIMG_20180808_133233-1664x1248.jpgIMG_20180808_111658-1664x1248.jpgIMG_20180808_133254-1664x1248.jpg
I also have to say that they're made for right hand drive, so you can't fit them behind the handbrake. A big plus: stock isn't any protection in the doors where you can put bottles at. That's why I let them in there.

Edit: after 6 hours I noticed that's to red. The red does not match with the other colours. Removed all of them except the ones in the 4 doors. I think this would be the final look. Contacted the seller because of the bad shape, the wrong sizes and the right hand drive Piece.

Last edited:
Now my LED footwell lighting: I really love it. Only done because I got all things needed for this at home.

What I used:
- 5m 4x0,5mm² old sensor cable (You can also use different wires - used 4 to directly connect each)
- 2 old Cree LEDs from my old car
- 2 1,5mm² electricity thiefs (is it called like that in English? :eek:) or cut the wires and solder them
- A bit of that nice Fluffy car adhesive tape
- 2 little plastic plates
- Glue
- Velcro fastener stripes (10cm)

Tools:
- 1 screwdriver PH2
- Soldering station
- My electrician toolbox
- A sheet of carton
- Telescoping rod

The way I installed it:

1.jpg1~01.jpg
soldered 2 wires to each "electricity thief"
1~02.jpg
Removed the Tips of the LEDs and fitted the velcro fastener stripes to the back of the plastic plates
1~03.jpg
The tools you need
1~04.jpg
Remove the 2 screws with the PH2 screwdriver
1~05.jpg
Remove the unit like this and disconnect the connectors
1~06.jpg
Make the cable like this
1~07.jpg
and like this (after the cable was hidden behind the door rubber and the A-pillar)
1~08.jpg
Now you have to prepare the wires

Last edited:
1~09.jpg
I used a telescopic rod to pull the cables from the driver side to the passenger side.

1~10.jpg
From the passenger side, it is pushed to the driver's side in the footwell.

1~11.jpg
Tadaaaaaaa, Hello wires.

1~12.jpg
Thats how it looks like.

1~13.jpg
Now the leads are soldered to the LEDs. When connected, the LEDs are glued to the plastic tiles.

1~14.jpg
The cables are now connected to the 4-pin plug of the ceiling lighting. The red is + and the yellow is for unlocking and door contacts.

1~15.jpg
Tested: It works. When you unlock the car, the led will light up. Also when you open one of the doors. After locking or closing the door, the light slowly gets darker and turns off.

1~18.jpg
Final look from drivers side

1~16.jpg
Final look from passengers side.

IMG_20180808_221723-1664x1248.jpg
Night view. Looks really great and bright. And dirty like by day ;)

I'll upload a video tomorrow.

Last edited:
View attachment 2329
I used a telescopic rod to pull the cables from the driver side to the passenger side.

View attachment 2330
From the passenger side, it is pushed to the driver's side in the footwell.

View attachment 2331
Tadaaaaaaa, Hello wires.

View attachment 2332
Thats how it looks like.

View attachment 2333
Now the leads are soldered to the LEDs. When connected, the LEDs are glued to the plastic tiles.

View attachment 2334
The cables are now connected to the 4-pin plug of the ceiling lighting. The red is + and the yellow is for unlocking and door contacts.

View attachment 2335
Tested: It works. When you unlock the car, the led will light up. Also when you open one of the doors. After locking or closing the door, the light slowly gets darker and turns off.

View attachment 2336
Final look from drivers side

View attachment 2337
Final look from passengers side.

View attachment 2346
Night view. Looks really great and bright. And dirty like by day ;)

I'll upload a video tomorrow.
Nice work, was wondering from the before pics if that was a deconstructed led bulb x 2 on that table.

The only thing keeping me from footwell lighting is how it iluminates the dirty footwells as I am too lazy to keep it factory clean, I am always impressed how many people manage to do that.

How are the interior red stripes holding up?
Was thinking about getting the blue ones, along with some gate slot pads (in blue if I can find them)

how bad is the fitting for your pads? Could you just trim some of the rubber off or are they too small?

I have discovered that you can easily remove factory pads from cup holders and qi charger.
There is a small tab on qi pad that you just pull on.
Cup holders - pull the rised part in the middle.
Probably removable for cleaning purposes.

Maybe it helps :)

I have discovered that you can easily remove factory pads from cup holders and qi charger.
There is a small tab on qi pad that you just pull on.
Cup holders - pull the rised part in the middle.
Probably removable for cleaning purposes.

Maybe it helps :)

That's right! In the doors there's a small gap you can lift them. But the only problem is that they don't wanna fit because of their shape and size :/

Great reasults ! How bright the LEDs are wow! Almost gave me hardon :D :D