• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kamyk's i30N PB Performance Pack

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Car is in the service - clutch disassembled and carried for kevlar padding.
Flow set is during assembly today and car software update today too.
Tomorrow everything will be on place and ready to drive.

Last two steps for next weeks - another small wrapping of the car and last remap with maxing the torque again.

Here is the picture of my oem clutch now (still looks good):
123.jpg

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Still delay...
Everything went wrong - rear Flow parts didn't fit well.
Lot of time lost to make them fit.
My car will be one more day in the service and tomorrow I will receive it.

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Yesterday something wrong was with the forum because I couldn't log in for whole day - error 403 acces denied but here I am again.

Car is almost ready - Flow set is on place - it isn't perfect because of my stick outs mud guards.
On the way back from my service quick wash and some pictures from all sides.
1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

Last two steps for this summer:
- 26th of July - ecu tuning again because I have few upgrades (kevlar reinforced clutch, bigger aircooler pipe, spark plugs)
- 29th of July - some more logos wrapping and cerramic coating correction again

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Today was my dyno day after last ecu tune - it was total disaster.
First of all - 30hp missing somewhere and guy was proud of score 286hp.....
Torque was higher - about 480nm. So I checked it today on MAHA dyno and..... still 289hp 480nm.
On MAHA dyno - car goes limp mode on first run. Road home and some higher speed - another limp mode.
Conclusion - this tuner is a noob and next week I will try to send my car back to him and tell him to load ecu default.
Then I need to go to other tuning place. I'm mad like hell.

To show stupidity of this tuning shop:
1- my car stock on their dyno - 260hp.....
2- after their first tune - 286hp
3- after full intake/exhaust system - 290hp (wow - 4hp more)
4- lowering torque 2nd tune - 290hp
5- yesterday maximizing 3rd tune - at start 275hp (where is 15hp ?) and after tune 286hp (where is 4hp)

To campare it with MAHA dyno point:
1- stock power - didn't measured
2- after first tune - 293hp
3- after full intake/exhaust - 310hp (stock downpipe) and 320hp (HDT downpipe)
4 - lowering torque 2nd tune - 313hp
5- yesterday maximizing 3rd tune - 289hp

First of all - scores are joke - more-less-more-less - I can understand 2-3hp because of the temperatures but not 15hp.
If guy told me that my car was 290hp on his dyno point and after few months without any mods is 275hp on the same point - what to say ?
But limp mode on first dyno run ? They didn't check it or what ? Limp mode again on the road........

And most funny score - on car limp mode dyno run was 151hp and 191nm 🤣

Conclusion - time to reset ecu and go somewhere else.
My other friend tuner told me that my mods will give me more power on stock ecu than with this weird tuning - and it was visible anyway on MAHA dyno point after each modification - intake/exhaust +17hp and another +10hp downpipe.

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
If you are not afraid of driving longer distances I can vouch for mt-tuning solutions. He is located near Stuttgart, Germany but knows the ECU like no other person I got to meet so far (he can even do stuff like increase the max rpms). Will give my car to him when the time for a tune has come.

Reactions: KurvenKrieger

KurvenKrieger

Nthusiast
Nov 2, 2018
Kiel, Germany
www.instagram.com
If you are not afraid of driving longer distances I can vouch for mt-tuning solutions. He is located near Stuttgart, Germany but knows the ECU like no other person I got to meet so far (he can even do stuff like increase the max rpms). Will give my car to him when the time for a tune has come.
Been there, done that. This guy really kills it. Absolutely recommend him!

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
you already had a tuning-session with TarmoT's tuner didn't you? Any reason why you went back to the old tuner after that? Just curious...
I only had dyno sessions with TarmoT tuner.
Tuning from the beginning was in other place - all three times.
If you back in time here on my thread - results of the first ecu tune was weird and too high torque and then TarmoT told me to check his place.
Everything after first tuning was quite ok until intake/exhaust mods which gave me too much power and first car limp mode happened. Then was second tuning - lowering the torque and some power (to save clutch and avoid car limp mode). But after upgrading the clutch, intercooler pipes and spark plugs I decided to do final tuning - maximizing again but that's how it ended.

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Today is 29th of July. Time for ceramic coat correction and add some wraps.
Tomorrow I will add some pictures.
ECU problem moved to monday - then fight with tuner to restore oem soft and time for another place.

Reactions: KurvenKrieger

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Today after refueling my car I did few tests on my "safe racing road".
I did twice let's say 5-120km accelerations and here what happened:
1st gear to 6k+ RPM's - OK - 2nd gear to 6k+ RPM's - OK - 3rd gear to 6k RPM's and turbo cut off - again less than 200NM of torque and end of power at 120km/h of speed. No info or warnings on the car screen or car indicator.
Did it again and watched N console with torque and power - car did it again - at 3rd gear 6k+ RPM - cut off turbo again.

So - this last ecu tuning is totally crap. I never had turbo cut off on this road - never.

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Tomorrow my car going to service to take off ecu. Then ecu will go to my tuner to restore oem defaults.
In thursday will be first ecu correction in new tuning place - ecu need to know about new downpipe and no gpf.
On friday I will receive my car back and next week I will be driving without any power improvements to check my car.

In this way my tuner will be sure that all mods are working without problem and then he can start to tune up all power values.

Reactions: login

kamyk155

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Few days with oem software with gpf/downpipe corrections.
I pushed my car to the limits few times without any problems so it is time - I left the car for final tuning.....i hope.
On friday I will know power of the car before and after.
My goal is 320hp and about 460-475nm like before but without turbo cut off problems.
I told my new tuner to ride the car hard few times after new ecu to be sure that there will be no problems with turbo cut off like before.
IMG_20210810_181133.jpg
And here it is - ready and waiting for his fresh ecu.