• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kamyk's i30N PB Performance Pack

Galbik

Feb 29, 2020
Czech
@kamyk155 I understand your problem, a guy from the factory told me that twelve changes were made to the transmission in half a year (in 2020). Reportedly, even fix packs do not always solve the problem. My problem with the fifth and sixth gears has been solved, but the factory has told me that the occasional problem with engaging first gear is because the transmission does not rotate. I'm not a mechanic, but I started the engine for a few minutes before driving and since then there has been no problem with first gear. Yes, it is clear to me that direct injection engines should not heat up, so perhaps the installation of Dual Catch will at least partially solve the problem. Another addition to the gearbox, the guy told me that gearboxes are not made in the enka factory, but are sent in crates from Korea and therefore they cannot play with tolerance as with other models that are assembled in Nošovice.

Reactions: loboo

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Spark plug gap tool arrived today and gap gauge tool:
IMG_20210426_185758.jpg
So today ordered 4x:
hks plug.jpg
If everything will be on thursday I will change them with all fluids and engine mounts together.
Last part will be summer clutch update (oem with kevlar) and remap again for some more torque.

Reactions: loboo

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Today I installed in my dealer service engine mounts and did few months faster year service with all my fluids.
1.jpg2.jpg
I don't have picture of the lower mount from below.
For now - mixed feelings. Car sound is totally different than it was before.
More metalic and it sounds like someone took off noise portecting cover from the front of the drivers cabin.
Inside the car is loud now. I don't feel more shake on the wheel but car is shaking more and exhaust is shaking like crazy.
And here are my older spark plugs after 12k km:
3.jpg
Now I need to wait some and check fluids and sound/shaking after time.
Maybe engine with new mounts will stabilize after some time.