• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Dash Cam

Stash-N

Thanks for the guide got it installed with no problems.

I pulled on the top of the A Piller to unclip the first clip, made it easier to carefully pass the wire under the air bag. A set of trim tools made it simple.

Attached some additional pictures in case it helps anyone
Thanks for the extra photos. These just give those of us fitting dashcams a little more confidence when installing the wiring now we can see what we are getting into. :)

Howy

Although I have been running my Ddpai Mini 3 off the 12v socket have now received the hardwire kit which should allow use of parking mode.
So would like a bit more info from those who know.

I need to install the VCC yellow wire to a constant 12V so was thinking of using the lamp fuse 13, as that should be live at all times, but is there a spare fuse that is live all the time?

The Acc red wire needs power when accessories are on so was wondering if that could connect to the spare 10A fuse on the right side of fuse box (above heated steering wheel fuse).

Finally I want to be sure that the cable won't foul the A pillar air bag. When I did the first install I ran the cable along the headlining and then pushed it between the narrow gap between the headlining and the top of the A pillar trim I then fed the cable down the A pillar against the A frame as indicated by the arrows on the photo below. I think the cable would be clear of the airbag going down the A pillar but not sure about the bit at the top of the A pillar trim what have others done? thanks

Attachments

Also used a different spare fuse:

I didnt use the far right spare fuse above the heated steering wheel fuse, as that seemed to turn on with the key at 'ACC'.

I used the spare 10A fuse just below the front windscreen wiper fuse - that one comes on in the 'ON' position, the same position the key sits in when engine is running.

Got me the Cellink Neo and had to put it under the driver seat, positioning it taking into account the heater vent.

Although I have been running my Ddpai Mini 3 off the 12v socket have now received the hardwire kit which should allow use of parking mode.
So would like a bit more info from those who know.

I need to install the VCC yellow wire to a constant 12V so was thinking of using the lamp fuse 13, as that should be live at all times, but is there a spare fuse that is live all the time?

The Acc red wire needs power when accessories are on so was wondering if that could connect to the spare 10A fuse on the right side of fuse box (above heated steering wheel fuse).

Finally I want to be sure that the cable won't foul the A pillar air bag. When I did the first install I ran the cable along the headlining and then pushed it between the narrow gap between the headlining and the top of the A pillar trim I then fed the cable down the A pillar against the A frame as indicated by the arrows on the photo below. I think the cable would be clear of the airbag going down the A pillar but not sure about the bit at the top of the A pillar trim what have others done? thanks
I just bought the same dashcam. Have you solved the problem with the right fuse for the parking mode hardwiring yet?

Welsh i30N

Yes. You can but a smaller fuse holder and piggy back it on an existing one like the infotainment.
DONT HARD WIER IT OR YOU COULD KNACKER YOUR WARRANTY.

Hi guys,

I have a question about installing a radar warner, it is basically the same as a dash cam but uses 12V and will be installed at the drivers sun visor. I used this thread to install it but I am stuck now and don´t know what the problem with my setup is. I will post pictures below so you can see it, but basically, I used the same fuse to take the 12V and then took one strip of the 12V cable to the warner and put it on there and the other one I used some metal and attached it to it. I hope it gets clearer with the photos and I hope someone finds my fault!

THANK YOU!

Attachments

padigree

Staff member
Hi guys,

I have a question about installing a radar warner, it is basically the same as a dash cam but uses 12V and will be installed at the drivers sun visor. I used this thread to install it but I am stuck now and don´t know what the problem with my setup is. I will post pictures below so you can see it, but basically, I used the same fuse to take the 12V and then took one strip of the 12V cable to the warner and put it on there and the other one I used some metal and attached it to it. I hope it gets clearer with the photos and I hope someone finds my fault!

THANK YOU!

The easiest way would be to use a meter and measure at the last points of the connection. If there is no voltage , it can be problems with the ground point, the fuse, the fuse holder, the switched wire (voltage only when ignition), a cable break or reverse polarity.

Measure the voltage, if there is nothing, measure directly on your fuse holder, with ignition on and ignition off. Measure the resistance from the fuse holder input to the end of the line.

The best way to measure is to get a point that you know is Ground. From this point you can also measure the continuity / resistance to your ground point. If there is a high resistance or no continuity, it is a ground problem.

If everything does not help, try a 12v power adapter and see if your device works.

MNE30N

Dan Help. Do you know how to order + fuse connector for my I 30 N ? I have a Dash cam with hardwire kit but connector is big for my fuses type. Can yuou help? Thank you.