• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
I had a good chat with them today, they said they think a batch has gone astray, I have sent mine back for them to investigate and they have promised to send me a new one that will fit perfectly so will wait for that. To be fair to them they were very apologetic and wanted to make it right. Looking forward to the new one.
 
I will keep mine and just check it from time to time. Shipping it back to the factory will cost me half of the value of filter so there is no sense to send it back.
 
Bad batch screams bullshit to me. I think they had one that was already similar - let’s say something like MK3 Focus RS - trial fitted it then assigned it a new part number for our car then punted it out the door.

What I do agree with is how they have dealt with it. Let’s wait and see the outcome!
 
Mmm. It all sounds a little suspicious to me. I’d imagine everyone’s filter from Pipercross is exactly the same and it’s just whether people are accepting of it not fitting as tightly as the OEM one or not.

I think that Pipercross have thought they could get away with pulling a sneaky one here. I mean, looking at cone ‘performance’ filters anyway, it doesn’t look like hundreds of hours of R & D goes into their development to me. It’s just the different material they use isn’t it.

Anyway, I’m glad it looks like it’s be sorted. It’d be good if someone could take some measurements of the seal, fitment size etc juts to see what changes they make.

Great thread in terms of people power here btw;)
 
Last edited: