• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
In terms of performance, I can’t say it’s noticeable

in terms of sound with the air box lid on and bonnet closed I can’t say I can tell any difference at all, if I take the air box lid off it sounds insane, only issue is I’m not sure if driving with the lid off will cause issues in terms of intake temp

I did some data logging with the standard filter with airbox lid on and off...

Results were conclusive on every test and averaged 3 degrees hotter with the lid off.
 
What on earth... You’d think the performance/integrity of the intake tube would have precedence over the position/orientation of the positive battery terminal. One of the first things I’ll be addressing on the VN.

120B72D1-557F-492C-ABF3-EE3AD30F0ABA.jpeg
 
What on earth... You’d think the performance/integrity of the intake tube would have precedence over the position/orientation of the positive battery terminal. One of the first things I’ll be addressing on the VN.

View attachment 2231

Something tells me that would have been thought about... maybe even designed to speed up air flow. Doubt they just squashed it and went,

"Yeah, that works..."
 
Something tells me that would have been thought about... maybe even designed to speed up air flow. Doubt they just squashed it and went,

"Yeah, that works..."
Understood, but we’ve seen on the VT1 platform that using a much larger intake tube (even with the restrictive “J-pipe” which the i30N & VN thankfully don’t have) with larger filter shows a significant improvement in allowing the compressor to accept air more readily, resulting in more power.

Admittedly, OEMs have packaging limitations due to the need to satisfy emissions, safety and sound reduction concerns.

Will be interesting to see how creative owners get in coming up with their own intake solutions.
 
Last edited:
just fitted mine today .
no noise difference but definetly smoother pick up and drive through the gears .
also mpg have seemed to have improved by 5 mpg
 
i drive that route 5 times a week so im quite sure on that

That wont make any diff I drive the same route 5 days a week for over 10 years 5mpg can fluctuate just from weather and traffic never mind my right foot. In my experience I would push to say you will find a maximum gain of approx 2mpg if that per tank of fuel with remap
 
All done.

57038799-_F2_E3-4_DC7-_B413-3_A14_F4_DD0_B84.jpg


Should I leave the cover off? Advice welcomed.