• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
All done.

57038799-_F2_E3-4_DC7-_B413-3_A14_F4_DD0_B84.jpg


Should I leave the cover off? Advice welcomed.
No definitely not
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree
Not good. Apparently Pipercross didn’t do proper fitment testing. All those who have bought this and find it doesn’t fit properly, I’d report it to Pipercross directly as being defective and request remediation.
 
Last edited:
Not good. Apparently Pipercross didn’t do proper fitment testing. All those who have bought this, I’d report it to Pipercross directly as being defective and request remediation.
I just have sent them a email advising of the issues and it is poor service on their side. I will post my response once I have one. Not going to use it in the meantime as worried about things getting past it with it so loose.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Good. Thought I had done something wrong. Doesn’t fit as snug as the stock one. Drove 1 hour down the dual carriageway and then some bumpy B roads back. It was still in place but you can’t be sure it didn’t dislodge while driving and then return back at some point.

Keeping it in for now.
 
Mine seems to fit very snug (just checked it again to be sure) and I’ve done 700 miles now with no issues - car definitely drives better low down with this filter so I’m not concerned about fitment to be honest
 
Spoken to Pipercross today, they are looking into it, I am going to send them some measurements of the filter that was sent and they are going to het back to me. Will keep you all posted with any updates :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Ok so I was a bit bored and decided to get on and fit the filter, aaannndd.... I'm unimpressed.

It barely seals to the ring inside the airbox, and with the lever in place I can quite easily move the filter with my hand. There are also key differences in the moulding of the filter compared to the OE Part which I think affect it's fit.

The OE Part has hard plastic ends, and at the sealing end the ridged ring is much thicker. The Pipercross part, both ends are rubber which flex, and at the sealing end the ridge is thinner. The sealing ring on the air box has two grooves in it, the OE Part seals to both grooves, where as the Pipercross merely touches the inner groove.

When replacing the lever to seal the OE Part you can see the pipe/box move due to the pressure involved.

It could maybe seal ok if I put a thickness of plastic between the filter and the lever to exert more pressure, but I don't feel comfortable with that. Nor should I have to do it.

Needless to say I've put the OE Part back on. IMO the sealing end of the pipercross needs be changed to mimic the OE Part better.
 
Last edited:
They have called me up and apologised now, they have asked me to send mine back and they will manufacture a new one to ensure it fits correctly I will report back once I have it.
Ok so I was a bit bored and decided to get on and fit the filter, aaannndd.... I'm unimpressed.

It barely seals to the ring inside the airbox, and with the lever in place I can quite easily move the filter with my hand. There are also key differences in the moulding of the filter compared to the OE Part.

The OE Part has hard plastic ends, and at the sealing end the ridged ring is much thicker. The Pipercross part, both ends are rubber which flex, and at the sealing end the ridge is thinner. The sealing ring on the air box has two grooves in it, the OE Part seals to both grooves, where as the Pipercross merely touches the inner groove.

When replacing the lever to seal the OE Part you can see the pipe/box move due to the pressure involved.

It could maybe seal ok if I put a thickness of plastic between the filter and the lever to exert more pressure, but I don't feel comfortable with that. Nor should I have to do it.

Needless to say I've put the OE Part back on. IMO the sealing end of the pipercross needs be changed to mimic the OE Part better.
If you email them they will contact you back, ensure you include your telephone number.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
would be interesting to see what comes off this as must admit i didnt think mine fitted as well. ive keep it on for now and must say it sounds so much sweeter from the cabin and seems to make louder pops and bangs :) Just admit the fit isnt as good as it should be
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1