• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
There is no sense to be worried about oiled filters - our cars doesn´t have MAF-sensor.
 
Yes, I'm aware of that. Enough oil goes through the turbo and charge system via the breather due to blow-by without adding to it unnecessarily, unless you vent it (even high filtration catch cans aren't 100% efficient), although I imagine skyventing isn't a popular configuration in most parts of the world. Valve cover design with proper baffling to minimize oil escaping via the breather and PCVV is key, so that's another component I'm interested in looking at.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I'm aware of that. Enough oil goes through the turbo and charge system via the breather due to blow-by without adding to it unnecessarily, unless you vent it (even high filtration catch cans aren't 100% efficient), although I imagine skyventing isn't a popular configuration in most parts of the world. Valve cover design with proper baffling to minimize oil escaping via the breather and PCVV is key, so that's another component I'm interested in looking at.

Pre-oiled filters doesn´t have remarkable amount of oil (most comon problem is that users are over-oiling their filters after washing them). That small amount of oil what comes from filter, doesn´t stuck your IC, intake pipes or damage your turbocharger.
Unfortunately there are not much better solutions available on market for separating oil, than catch cans. I have one installed between PCV and intake manifold another one I haven´t installed yet because there is no oil inside of hose (goes form top of valve cover to intake plastic tube) yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Pre-oiled filters doesn´t have remarkable amount of oil (most comon problem is that users are over-oiling their filters after washing them). That small amount of oil what comes from filter, doesn´t stuck your IC, intake pipes or damage your turbocharger.
Unfortunately there are not much better solutions available on market for separating oil, than catch cans. I have one installed between PCV and intake manifold another one I haven´t installed yet because there is no oil inside of hose (goes form top of valve cover to intake plastic tube) yet.
Good to know that blow-by seems to be less of an issue on the G4KH. The VT (G4FJ) is horrible for blow-by. A true air/oil separator (AOS) like the one from Perrin is what I would prefer instead of a regular catch can.
 
Does someone else noticed that PC filter rubber neck doesnt fit perfect to OEM induction pipe rubber gasket? For me it looks like OEM filter fits much better there. I have seen PC video and one of their arguments was that it fits much better than OEM (OEM is moving around if you will move it by hands) but at least for me it looks opposite :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Noticed much difference since fitting it?

In terms of performance, I can’t say it’s noticeable

in terms of sound with the air box lid on and bonnet closed I can’t say I can tell any difference at all, if I take the air box lid off it sounds insane, only issue is I’m not sure if driving with the lid off will cause issues in terms of intake temp
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestYorkshireLad
Does someone else noticed that PC filter rubber neck doesnt fit perfect to OEM induction pipe rubber gasket? For me it looks like OEM filter fits much better there. I have seen PC video and one of their arguments was that it fits much better than OEM (OEM is moving around if you will move it by hands) but at least for me it looks opposite :(


I have to agree, I put mine in and was able to move it more than the OE.. slightly concerning..
 
I will have another look at mine as I’ve seemed to have developed a flat spot/hesitation on pedal touch, maybe it’s moved