I was in talking with my local dealer yesterday, making general enquiries regarding financing. It was mentioned to me that there had been numerous enquires regarding the new DCT version (especially the handful they have on order). I haven't placed an order/deposit yet and I wonder if I should, giving me the option to purchase the version I would like when it becomes available.
This could be a ploy by the dealer/salesman wishing to have the vehicles pre-sold to keep that balance sheets in the black...
In addition to this, I have never driven an i30, let alone an N. I'm thinking I should find a dealer with a used version and take it for a test drive... Like almost ever other contributor here I do not wish to have to wait longer than necessary, it's certainly not like the money is burning a hole in my pocket.
This is certainly not my first new car, it's most likely my last dinosaur compost version...
I know Australia is different, but here in Germany you make a loan with a bank specifically for a new car. Some of us ordered the car because the dealer was able to order it since they had all of the official pricing.
We signed a purchase contract but the loan is still not available since the bank doesn't have any car specifications in their system. We don't pay anything in advance.
I also never drove a car like this but this car checked all the boxes that I wanted in a car so it was a no-brainer. I just pulled the trigger