• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Do you or are you just accepting it as inflation? Not being a smart arse just asking.

2K is a pretty good jump in cost from one year to the next. I personally don't believe it's justified. It's wasn't the cost of manufacturing that drove it up. It wasn''t the price of fuel either. It wasn't the cost of transportation. I see it as nothing but keeping up with gross receipts comparable from the previous, which wasn't needed during this pandemic.

Car sales are down, cost of goods are up because we're purchasing less as consumers. Manufacturers need to tighten their belts, just as we've had to. It's the way of capitalism. When the check book is low, we stop spending. When it's low for a manufacturer, they need to reduce their overhead, not demand more from the consumer to make up projected differences from one year to the next. Think of the millions of cars that will be sold and with price hikes across the board, they are making quite a profit.

It's called fiscal responsibility, something that's not being practiced much anymore. I didn't expect you to agree with me,. This is just my larger picture economic opinion.

Madanger

Oct 4, 2020
Gummersbach
Do you or are you just accepting it as inflation? Not being a smart arse just asking.

2K is a pretty good jump in cost from one year to the next. I personally don't believe it's justified. It's wasn't the cost of manufacturing that drove it up. It wasn''t the price of fuel either. It wasn't the cost of transportation. I see it as nothing but keeping up with gross receipts comparable from the previous, which wasn't needed during this pandemic.

Car sales are down, cost of goods are up because we're purchasing less as consumers. Manufacturers need to tighten their belts, just as we've had to. It's the way of capitalism. When the check book is low, we stop spending. When it's low for a manufacturer, they need to reduce their overhead, not demand more from the consumer to make up projected differences from one year to the next. Think of the millions of cars that will be sold and with price hikes across the board, they are making quite a profit.

It's called fiscal responsibility, something that's not being practiced much anymore.
I think you are completely right but in my opinion it is their top performance car that goes head to head with all of the competition and it still costs less. But they are aware that a specific group of people are going to buy this car no matter the price increase so they don't have to think about it that much. They throw you an N-line if the full N doesn't meet your budget

Tom Vanlimbergen

Jan 19, 2018

It's called fiscal responsibility, something that's not being practiced much anymore. I didn't expect you to agree with me,. This is just my larger picture economic opinion.
As I stated before, the manufacturers have to pay for every gram of co that is above the limit (which is 95 gr/100 km at the moment) for every car they sell. They just transfer that cost to the buyer. When you buy an N that has a high co rating you pay more. Just as simple as that. The prices of the current type R went up with 5000 euro over the last few months here in Belgium, with no update on the car, do the N isn't alone.
The type R is 44500 now, the N 41000, so the difference stays at the same level.

Tom Vanlimbergen

Jan 19, 2018
As I stated before, the manufacturers have to pay for every gram of co that is above the limit (which is 95 gr/100 km at the moment) for every car they sell. They just transfer that cost to the buyer. When you buy an N that has a high co rating you pay more. Just as simple as that. The prices of the current type R went up with 5000 euro over the last few months here in Belgium, with no update on the car, do the N isn't alone.
The type R is 44500 now, the N 41000, so the difference stays at the same level.
As a matter of fact, looking at the prices of the competitors, they all have made a considerable (but silent) jump, so the N stays one of the cheapest offers in Belgium.
F.e.: Megane RS trophy: 44500, Type R: 44150, Golf Clubsport (which is the one you have to compare to an N): 46480, Focus St automatic: 40.235. So when you take in acount all the kit that comes as standard on the N and has to be payed extra on the other cars, the N stays good value for money.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
No offense to you or anyone who believes is climate change Tom. I'm not going to get into the politics or opinions of carbon emissions. I don't believe in it or climate change. I do believe it's a con job, to push the world's economy into a different industrial era, of which more than half doesn't participate.

Cost of fuel didn't go up it went down. Per capita, most western countries aren't driving as much due to the Novell Covid19 virus and we're actually emitting less C02 emissions at this time. We aren't spending as much for fuel, travel expenses and lodging etc. Many small to medium size business are shutdown or simply out of business. So the GDP of most countries has been hit drastically and gross tax receipts are significantly down.

Economically, there is a down turn, not an up swing in most countries GDP's to include South Korea. Industry has to follow suit and often doesn't until they're in trouble financially. You only have to look a GM, Daimler Chrysler,, Ford Honda, Toyota and several other larger manufacturer, current profits and financial conditions, compared to the previous two years. No matter what the cause Covid19, etc, they're overall profits are significantly down.

Frankly, there has been a sharp upswing in pricing for all auto manufacturers across the board. It's not due to C02 emissions either. It's due to a slow world economy, people not purchasing and manufacturers desiring to make more profit then previous year. They work on what we spend and we aren't spending as much. So their gross profits are affected dramatically. Inherently auto manufactures over the past 30 years, have increased pricing during sharp downturns in the economy.

This is no different. If they can't meet their profit goals for production, employment and gross profits percentages, by selling large quantities of their product, they will simply raise the pricing to meet their goals. It's the way the auto manufacturing industry works and has worked for decades. It's also the way of many resale goods stores; Walmart, Costco, Sams, Amazon, etc.

I simply see us (you and I) as the cause and effect and driver in the economy, not C02 emissions. This is the way of economics, greed, inflation and has been for centuries.

Reactions: mikeo and SGI30NDCT

Geert VCWL

Feb 16, 2018
Belgium
[/QUOTE

The co2 emission limit is also the cause for the new N to be released slowely.
My dealer told me that yesterday, they will limit the releases to meet the emission limit.
Otherwise they have to pay a uge penalty.

RemcoV

Feb 29, 2020
Hellevoetsluis
They are not releasing anymore N's here in Netherlands because of the CO2 emissions. The outgoing i30n was the last one. :(

Slight chance we only get the i20n, but that's not my taste.

• Wow
Reactions: GazmaN

Madanger

Oct 4, 2020
Gummersbach
They are not releasing anymore N's here in Netherlands because of the CO2 emissions. The outgoing i30n was the last one. :(

Slight chance we only get the i20n, but that's not my taste.
Wow that really sucks. Here in Germany they increased the annual emissions tax and it's going to be around 300 eur for the new one.

Howy

Dec 28, 2017
West Yorkshire
Still waiting to see published UK prices but based on above comments I expect the car will cost more. However the real question is not what the RRP is but what price the dealers are willing/able to drop to and how long it will take for them to offer discounts. When the first i30N came out I was given very high PCP figures but within a few months I was able to get £100 off the monthly figures so maybe it might pay to wait awhile after all it will be interesting to see how keen Hyundai are to get sales.

Jimmy

Feb 3, 2021
France
Wow that really sucks. Here in Germany they increased the annual emissions tax and it's going to be around 300 eur for the new one.
Taxes are around 8-9K euros for the new one in France. Reason why it's not sold here. But it's about the same for any hot hatch :(

Contacted Darmas but they don't want to sell it abroad. I'll prob stick with the previous generation

Arteljus

Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
Taxes are around 8-9K euros for the new one in France. Reason why it's not sold here. But it's about the same for any hot hatch :(

Contacted Darmas but they don't want to sell it abroad. I'll prob stick with the previous generation
I think you are talking about taxes when you buy a car and Madanger is talking about once a year paid tax for using the car on road.

Here in Sweden they want 800€/year first three years and then 180€/year. N is removed from Hyundais webpage so i don´t think we will get more N cars in the future unless they become hybrids or all electric.

Jimmy

Feb 3, 2021
France
I think you are talking about taxes when you buy a car and Madanger is talking about once a year paid tax for using the car on road.

Here in Sweden they want 800€/year first three years and then 180€/year. N is removed from Hyundais webpage so i don´t think we will get more N cars in the future unless they become hybrids or all electric.
You're right, we don't have such annual taxes in France, it's only a one time payment once the car is registered. Darmas told me they would loss their bonus selling the car in France too. I'm not sure which bonus they were talking about.

Donatello

Sep 16, 2018
Netherlands
Hyundai Netherlands decided not to sell them because the previous model sold really bad here. Mostly because the goverment taxes cars with high horsepower by giving them emissiontaxes. The old model had over 15.000,- euros on taxes on top of the price of the car! So it was just as, or even a little more expensive as the golf GTI that had less taxes because of the DSG gearbox and people here are badgesluts, its not cool to have a Hyundai so they rather bought the golf.

However since the netherlands is part of the EU we can import everycar sold in the EU, still have to pay the emissions tax when we import one but that goes down the older the car gets.

salemetal

Oct 18, 2019
Bjelovar
Hyundai Netherlands decided not to sell them because the previous model sold really bad here. Mostly because the goverment taxes cars with high horsepower by giving them emissiontaxes. The old model had over 15.000,- euros on taxes on top of the price of the car! So it was just as, or even a little more expensive as the golf GTI that had less taxes because of the DSG gearbox and people here are badgesluts, its not cool to have a Hyundai so they rather bought the golf.

However since the netherlands is part of the EU we can import everycar sold in the EU, still have to pay the emissions tax when we import one but that goes down the older the car gets.
It' s similar here in Croatia. Had I imported a 1-2 year old N from EU, it would cost 5-6k € at the time(2019.). Its not about the ecology but to take your moneyz.