• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

N Performance

Oct 18, 2019
Delaware
2021 i30 N test mule spotted on the Ring with larger exhaust tips. Prob a mid cycle HP upgrade. Will prob carry over to the Veloster N if I had to guess too. Moral of the story, if you're looking to cop either one you might want to hold off.

N Performance

Oct 18, 2019
Delaware
Personally pains me to say this because I wanted to pick up a 2020 Veloster N in Jan, but the 21's won't hit American lots until June / July. I'm bummed I have to wait, but I def think it will be worth it.

Mr. N

Aug 18, 2019
South Florida
Personally pains me to say this because I wanted to pick up a 2020 Veloster N in Jan, but the 21's won't hit American lots until June / July. I'm bummed I have to wait, but I def think it will be worth it.
Even if Hyundai does make a facelift VN. I doubt it will perform drastically better than the pre-facelift 2019 VNs. I expect them to change the front end, the wheels, and the rear bumper. But not much else for the performance.

Reactions: Monnemer

N Performance

Oct 18, 2019
Delaware
I'm with you, but why else would they increase the exhaust tips? They're already big so it's not a visual thing. Trying to free up a lil pressure.......

Mr. N

Aug 18, 2019
South Florida
I'm with you, but why else would they increase the exhaust tips? They're already big so it's not a visual thing. Trying to free up a lil pressure.......
Judging by viewing the pictures of the Pre-facelift i30Ns, their exhaust tips are subtle compared to the VN. The facelift i30N prototype appears to carry over the same exhaust tips from the VN. Does this mean the exhaust will perform better for the i30N or is it just an aesthetic change? Really cant tell until the production version is out.
For a quick comparison. Here is the pre-facelift exhaust tips of the i30N:all-new_hyundai_i30_n_9.jpgAnd heres the 2021 Facelift i30N exhaust tips:Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.06.26 AM.png
And now compare it to the VN exhaust tips:
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.09.43 AM.png

N Performance

Oct 18, 2019
Delaware
Looks like the exact same size as the VN. Damn. I just don't know if I should pull the trigger in January or wait until June. I'm gonna be ticked off I get it in January and then they upgrade the 21 with something I'd miss out on.

Reactions: Kobrah

Mr. N

Aug 18, 2019
South Florida
Looks like the exact same size as the VN. Damn. I just don't know if I should pull the trigger in January or wait until June. I'm gonna be ticked off I get it in January and then they upgrade the 21 with something I'd miss out on.
In your case I'd say wait until Hyundai is testing the facelift 2021 facelift VN. And who knows, they'll might even throw in the DCT option for the facelift VN models as well.

iiNNEX

Sep 5, 2019
Surrey, UK
Buy manual hot hatches while they still exist! Autos are perfect for daily commuters in heavy traffic and other boring sh*t, not for this type of car.

If you want an auto i30N, buy a DSG GTI/Golf R/S3

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Less cost to you as a possible Hyundai owner. They're utilizing what's already in production.

2021 VN won't be released until Sep-October 2020. They're generally released in the last quarter, when new production starts.

I wouldn't expect anything spectacular to appear. Most likely they'll offer either a sunroof, ventilated seats, heated seats or something that is already available in another region.

Frankly, I wouldn't have a DCT especially in the VN and the first year production. It's going to be an all new transmission and wet clutch, so it won't be like anything Hyundai is already utilizing.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Even if Hyundai does make a facelift VN. I doubt it will perform drastically better than the pre-facelift 2019 VNs. I expect them to change the front end, the wheels, and the rear bumper. But not much else for the performance.
I’m still more than happy with my 19VN. Cheers to whoever wants to pay more for a slightly refreshed 2021 VN

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
I wouldn’t worry too much Hyundai is on a 2-3year facelift/refresh cycle and 4-5 years for major overhauls. As mentioned above any changes that come will most likely be aesthetics