• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

Howy

Dec 28, 2017
West Yorkshire
Now that the new i30 has been revealed I gather there is a new i30N due out later this year.Was wondering if anyone had any info on what changes they maybe making?

PeterP

Nov 2, 2018
Slovenia
Now that the new i30 has been revealed I gather there is a new i30N due out later this year.Was wondering if anyone had any info on what changes they maybe making?
280ps 8 speed DCT and maybe the spring/damper setup will be more compliant. I think i wont swap my MY18 for it :) Will wait for the next one and enjoy the current one.

Reactions: Talos

Juhtmed

Mar 22, 2020
Tallinn
I asked the importer who is responsible for Scandinavia/Baltic countries and recieved an answer that I30N DCT was expected to arrive on sale end of this year but due to coronavirus the schedule is pushed to beginning of 2021

Reactions: r_anderson96

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Hey, so I heard rumors about the new N getting a little performance bump to ~280PS and also a bit bigger turbo.

Anyone heard anything similar? Maybe I just need to re-read the thread to answer those questions, let's see 😅

Reactions: Bu11eT

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
Hey, so I heard rumors about the new N getting a little performance bump to ~280PS and also a bit bigger turbo.

Anyone heard anything similar? Maybe I just need to re-read the thread to answer those questions, let's see 😅
that would be wild 🤯
I was wondering what Hyundai would do with those upgrade parts they tested in Australia in this video:

Maybe you are right and some parts found their way into the Facelift...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mightymoo

c4bl3

Feb 21, 2019
Germany

Anyone heard anything similar? Maybe I just need to re-read the thread to answer those questions, let's see

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
any other turbo-related news?
280 could be software only, but if it's really a new turbo that would be awesome!

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
I mean, it would make sense, since the aussie WTAC Fastback was also running a bigger turbo, so that could very well be related.

And even if it isn't: GPF models could most likely get that extra performance boost no problems since it'd be mostly a software tweak.

c4bl3

Feb 21, 2019
Germany
I don't think they will get bigger turbo. There is just no need. Stock turbocharger can run 300bhp without problems.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
I mean yes, it has a bit of overhead. But as discussed in the remap thread the stock turbo/intercooler combo is on its limits with the stock 275PS, and the turbo maxes out somewhere around 315PS.

That's at best a performance overhead of 15%. I'm not saying that it isn't enough of an overhead, after all you can safely do ~305PS.

I just think that they don't want to run the risk of sacrificing any reliability with the facelift's (minimal) performance boost.

I'm hoping the new ones come with a less restrictive exhaust side on the turbo and an upgraded intercooler.

Reactions: Bu11eT

c4bl3

Feb 21, 2019
Germany
But why? Hyundai is not bringing the car to satisfy the customers who want to remap the car.
The car has been engineered and tested to work with the stock power output and that it's doing with the stock turbo and stock intercooler.
Best way (and of course to make money) for them would be to offer upgrade turbo and upgrade intercooler from their own side separately.

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
But why? Hyundai is not bringing the car to satisfy the customers who want to remap the car.
The car has been engineered and tested to work with the stock power output and that it's doing with the stock turbo and stock intercooler.
Best way (and of course to make money) for them would be to offer upgrade turbo and upgrade intercooler from their own side separately.
I guess only time will tell. I would be satisfied in getting an upgrade turbo as an accessory (although I highly doubt it), but I would prefer it being in the car.

pillred

Oct 20, 2019
bristol

I think the best thing they could do with a new N is to put it on a diet, it weighs around 200kgs more than a Peugeot 308 gti, imagine how quick and agile an N would be a100 or so kilos less. it doesn't really need more power although obviously that helps, I mean it's not the most economical car as it is, some on here say they are only getting 22 mpg average more power and we would be talking 20 mpg or less a scary prospect, no a lighter N is in my opinion what they should be aiming for.

Last edited:

PaZeRa

Oct 7, 2019
Poland
End of April for the first releases of the VN DCT in South Korea and sometime during the second quarter for the i30N DCT. :)

Oh FFS. I was also convinced by my dealer and all the internet sources that facelifted i30N was coming NEXT FRIKKING YEAR.

So what now, I'm waiting for the delivery of another i30N as a replacement for my recently crashed with the new model coming out in one or two month?

This is a joke. DCT is one big thing that I just don't care about but new LOWER bucket seats, JBL audio and bigger central screen is something that would fulfill ALL of my needs for any car.

I will be really pissed if this situation will unfold in this way. I bought current model because waiting another year is too long for me, but I can wait another month or two.