• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What did you do to your N today ?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but how exactly do you disable the esg?

Follow step #5 and #6 in guide below if you don’t want to remove wipers when disabling the ESG: https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/how-to-dashboard-windshield-noise-fix.1935/

You can lift the top panel up, squeeze your hand in and disconnect the ESG contact in the middle. Can easily be reconnected.

PS: Follow relevant steps in the guide if you don’t mind removing wipers (or if you have big hands).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Reactions: simmo777
Tires mounted. Initial impressions: RS4 is a wider tire than the OE Pirrelli. Broader shoulder and wider tread blocks. Much more road noise. Tires still need to be broken in but definitely have more grip. Front end is more responsive to steering input. Braking is stronger. Will have more feedback once tires have heat cycled.

Ordered Hankook RS4 tires. Well priced. Not a cup tire but rated as an extreme summer tire 200 TWR Didnt even know the category existed lol I was going to buy SC2's but found the RS4 and giving them a try for the affordability.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....5WR9Z232&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I took mine for a drive. Some nice twisty and somewhat wet roads. May have pushed the speed limiy a little but it was safe and heaps of fun.

Reactions: GazmaN
Been busy the last week or so but I managed to finish the majority of my custom heat-resistant intake design. All that's left is to make the heat shield/air box which I'll be doing soon when I have some spare time.

Also installed my lightweight battery.

View attachment 7183

What Make/Model battery is that?
It looks like a perfect fit.
All you needed was a after market longer J-Hook tie down kit?

What Make/Model battery is that?
It looks like a perfect fit.
All you needed was a after market longer J-Hook tie down kit?

I'm using an East Penn ETX30LA, 400CCA AGM powersports battery. I purchased some generic battery tie down hardware at my local parts store to mount it in the stock location. The battery weighs I believe is 20lbs and is about $180 CAD.

Reactions: Curves
Installed a RAM mount that works with either my Phone or AiM Solo DL Data Logger.

It starts with this base:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EZPLFS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you add this 3 inch arm:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074WMQLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you add this magnetic mount for the Phone:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFDNPIE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put one of these metal bases on my phone case so it will attach to the magnetic base
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Mag...t&qid=1562729807&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

This is the Phone:

When I use my Data Logger, I remove the magnetic mount and screw my Data Logger mount in. The mount comes with the AiM Data Logger and I screwed that into a RAM Diamond with 1 inch ball which screws into the RAM Arm.

The Data Logger magnetically attaches into its metal base:

Update: Aug 6 2019: The mount came off on a hot 105 degree day about one week ago. I have now put a real 3M tape on it and we will see how that holds.

Update Sept 28 2019: My mount journey continues here:
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/daily-driver-and-track-car.3964/#post-63311

Last edited:
I drove my N to work like every other day with a huge grin from ear to ear :cool:

Like a kid before Christmas I am now here refreshing my bank balance waiting for that yearly car stimulus package to hit (Aussie members will know the feeling... unless they are getting a tax bill from the ATO this year)

Thoughts of a CAI and Downpipe are very much on the cards... An inter cooler upgrade may be too much of a stretch at this point and my Pajero needs a front LHS CV but never the less the i30N will get some loving very soon!

Okay apologies for the double post :oops:

I have been in talks with a few local exhaust shops about getting the x-force 4inch dump pipe with the 100cell cat but I'm 50/50 on pulling the trigger and ringing around talking to some car head friends.

What I have committed to is the IFX intake (impossible fab) which should be here this week!

If I end up getting the dump pipe I will remove my TMC Tunebox and look into a remap/dyno tune but believe in stock form the intake upgrade and dump pipe will be enough to make up for not running the tune box.

Would love to hear some thoughts and comments about going down this route.

Seems to be from WeatherTech,right ? They wrote me last week, that there is no suitable mat for the fastback N right now. Please correct me if I am wrong ;)
Chris

Okay apologies for the double post :oops:

I have been in talks with a few local exhaust shops about getting the x-force 4inch dump pipe with the 100cell cat but I'm 50/50 on pulling the trigger and ringing around talking to some car head friends.

What I have committed to is the IFX intake (impossible fab) which should be here this week!

If I end up getting the dump pipe I will remove my TMC Tunebox and look into a remap/dyno tune but believe in stock form the intake upgrade and dump pipe will be enough to make up for not running the tune box.

Would love to hear some thoughts and comments about going down this route.
Hooray for tax returns! Four inch sounds waaay huge man, but dump 'n cat upgrade and the IFX induction kit + remap would surely, I assume, see real-world results that might allow you to dispense with the box...

Reactions: simmo777
While this all wasn't done today, I've been fairly busy with my N as of late.

Replaced the stainless steel mesh air filter I had on before with a 90mm RamAir carbon foam filter (better filtration, much lighter, same amount of flow more or less, thanks for the tip @RPM8300 !), made a make-shift intake box/heat shield, and installed my AEM water methanol injection kit finally. No pics of the other components as they're all hidden away nicely and I forgot to take pics while I was installing them lol o_O. Oh and don't mind the ziptie in the controller pic, I did end up trimming it so it looks presentable :p.

Will soon be getting an aftermarket intercooler made/ordered depending on what's the better bang for the buck probably next week. Hitting the track this coming Monday to test everything out.

20190720_205330.jpg

20190720_220009.jpg

20190722_094136.jpg

20190718_161048.jpg

20190727_191301.jpg

While this all wasn't done today, I've been fairly busy with my N as of late.

Replaced the stainless steel mesh air filter I had on before with a 90mm RamAir carbon foam filter (better filtration, much lighter, same amount of flow more or less, thanks for the tip @RPM8300 !), made a make-shift intake box/heat shield, and installed my AEM water methanol injection kit finally. No pics of the other components as they're all hidden away nicely and I forgot to take pics while I was installing them lol o_O. Oh and don't mind the ziptie in the controller pic, I did end up trimming it so it looks presentable :p.

Will soon be getting an aftermarket intercooler made/ordered depending on what's the better bang for the buck probably next week. Hitting the track this coming Monday to test everything out.

View attachment 8460

View attachment 8461

View attachment 8462

View attachment 8459

View attachment 8463
Where’d you end up mounting your tank ? And where did you place the nozzle ? Also kinda sad you didn’t take more pics. I was excited to see you post a install thread for the meth injection.