• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Poll time team!
Think im pressing the button on winter wheel & tyre combo tomorrow, but can't decide between Gunmetal Grey or Gloss Black.

I like Gunmetal and it picks up the shade of sideskirts quite well, Black looks more OE and better matches gloss black trim. Wheel is Calibre Suzuka, so:
a) Gunmetal, or
b) Gloss Black?

I would go with the gunmetal,had some oz superleggera in gunmetal on my Astra gsi they were the bomb.

Quick impression from 19” Vredestein Wintrac Pro winter tires in snow/slush/rain/freezing drizzle and temperatures down to -12C so far... Really, really good.

Have only lost traction when pushing it like a bit of an idiot for the conditions, otherwise very solid, confidence inspiring grip.

The deed is done... the button pressed.

8x18 Calibre Suzuka, in Gunmetal, with 235/40R18 Falken Euro All Season AS210 - hopefully arriving by Friday.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Stash-N and Adam
Regarding the All Seasons, yes - they're not as good as summer tyres in summer conditions, or winter tyres in winter conditions.

However, if your climate is like most of the UK or Scotland - they're ideal. Wet most of the time, cold but not usually under -5, and in the summer it's barely over 25 for a long period of time.

I've been running Bridgestone A005 for about 3 months now, and have been perfect for the conditions. Winter tyres would have been overkill in general, but the added silica content in the A005 have been brilliant on the cold ground.

Play they're great in the dry, not much different at all to a decent set of summer tyres. Same with my Crossclimates.

They'd be shit on the track though

Liked the look of the A005 but couldn't afford them this time... spent a bit more on the wheels than intended and the dreaded TPMS valves added another chunk! :(

When these wear out though...

I just went 19" and swapped out the Pirellis.

Done that in previous years, but got fed up with any number of fitters knackering the alloys, then denying it was them - even on newly refurbed wheels!!! :mad:

So bit the bullet on these 18s.

Been out and given them a gentle run in... all seems well!

Even the supplied TPMS registered within 2 miles of driving, pinged pressures down around 31-34 psi, and then cleared again within a few hundred yards after I pumped the tyres up.
20190116_184047.jpg

Last edited:
BBS Sr with 225/40/18 Michelin Crossclimate+
@Adam Nice rims! When I use BBS' configurator the only rims I can see are 19" and 20", no 18". Can you provide any more information, like part number? Or did you buy rims for 250PS and they fit to the 275PS version? Thanks

@Adam Nice rims! When I use BBS' configurator the only rims I can see are 19" and 20", no 18". Can you provide any more information, like part number? Or did you buy rims for 250PS and they fit to the 275PS version? Thanks

I'm struggling to find a particular part number sorry.
I ordered them off rimstyle.com the configurator on the website gave me an option of 19" or 18".

The wheels ive fitted are: 18" BBS SR - Satin Himalaya Grey 18 x 8.0" 5x114.3 ET50

Sorry I couldn't be much help. I'll keep digging.

A lot of snow in Belgium today...dunlop wintersport is a very good tire.

Reactions: asd