• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

wearelikewise shift knobs for i30N?

I'd like to have this shifter;
https://cae-racing.de/CAE-Ultra-Shifter_2632
cae-ultra-shifter_2632~5.jpg

I'll cut the dang console too!:eek: How about it @NULLOBANDITO, Christmas is nearly here!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: TarmoT
Asked my dealer about that already, they currently don't even have the part number, and also told me that Hyundai will probably ask for a VIN before giving anyone a spare/replacement.

I think they are the same, there is just a little square on the bottom of the nob with a engraved N in it.
56484d3b-hyundai-i30-n-option-concept_15.jpg

Okay, so everything arrived today and it's installed now! Booyah!

IMG_20191005_114713.jpg

So the 12mm Euro Adapter fits the N, however due to how far you have to screw the shifter on and how high the N's reverse lockout moves up you can't mount the shifter and have a reverse gear. Solution:
IMG_20191005_122607_compress62.jpg
IMG_20191005_124306_compress49.jpg

Now what you'll have to do is put the car in reverse and make sure there's still a bit of space left between the bottom of the 12mm Euro Adapter and thr top of the "shortened" (read: sawed off) reverse lockout.

Then tighten everything down and make sure it fits your shifting position comfortably and you should have something that looks a little like this:
IMG_20191005_134220_compress57.jpg

1st and 6th gear:
IMG_20191005_134224_compress96.jpgIMG_20191005_134230_compress76.jpg

There's no missing it I can guarantee that.:) That's the beauty of what he's installed. It can be lowered or raised up to suit. How does it feel with the Shift Kit @NULLOBANDITO?

Just a suggestion, use a polishing wheel and finish off the cut area, then either paint black or polish the entire reverse lockout unit and clearcoat.

Last edited:
I think they are the same, there is just a little square on the bottom of the nob with a engraved N in it.
56484d3b-hyundai-i30-n-option-concept_15.jpg
I am super keen to get this project C all metal gear knob. Do you have any further info on its availability? Any item numbers? Cheers

Not available as of yet. It will be when the N-Accessories are released by Hyundai. Then you'll be able to order it thru your dealership parts department or online thru an Hyundai N-Accessory vendor.

Reactions: Burke