• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
What are your thoughts on the new boost pipe? Im looking at getting the intercooler and wasn't sure whether or not to chuck in the boost pipe as well.

imo, being on the colder side of the intercooler (air is cooled and dense) and having a stock throttle body, I can't see where the 51mm -> 70 mm expansion helps. Just wondering if I misunderstood/overlooked anything.
Thanks

This Boost pipe link case any one was wondering

What are your thoughts on the new boost pipe? Im looking at getting the intercooler and wasn't sure whether or not to chuck in the boost pipe as well.

imo, being on the colder side of the intercooler (air is cooled and dense) and having a stock throttle body, I can't see where the 51mm -> 70 mm expansion helps. Just wondering if I misunderstood/overlooked anything.
Thanks

This Boost pipe link case any one was wondering

If you don't have any plans on tuning the vehicle, you won't really see much benefit from it. It does look nice to have it complete the look but stock tune you don't need the upgrade

Thanks

This Boost pipe link case anyone was wondering
Already been posted here in my build thread.

I run a MaxBored throttle body of 64mm. Additional cooler denser air from the FMIC is advantageous and produces more horsepower overall. Stock throttle body (TB) is 60mm. You can read back in my build thread.
The Forge Motorsport is 70mm outer diameter. It's a little less than 70mm inside diameter.

Last edited:
Contacted Forge and they said there is no timeline as to when the VN revision for their FMIC will be released. They're hoping for early 2021. Should I wait until then, or just trim the shroud myself.. 🧐

Your choice, the template you can get from @bunvnpp. He can definately help you with that or wait. Forge Motorsport will have my feedback shortly, so maybe a bit sooner. Either way, the FMIC from Forge Motorsport will be your best choice.:)

If you can wait, then I would wait for sure, unless there is a nice sale price going then I would just buy it and do the cut yourself. Trimming the shroud with a rotary tool (dremel tool) is very easy to do, and just paint the area after.

Reactions: R Veloster N
If you can wait, then I would wait for sure, unless there is a nice sale price going then I would just buy it and do the cut yourself. Trimming the shroud with a rotary tool (dremel tool) is very easy to do, and just paint the area after.
Only thing I'm worried about is a possible increase in price.. I'll think about it.

Seem like Forge Motorsport has put up the top hat on their website! I guess it has been confirmed to fit for the VN?
I was told that they are waiting for confirmation on fitting from a customer in the USA, and when it's confirmed, they will start production. So I guess they're waiting for this test fit huh

I was told that they are waiting for confirmation on fitting from a customer in the USA, and when it's confirmed, they will start production. So I guess they're waiting for this test fit huh
That would be me, as I work closely with them. However, they'll fit just the same as on the i30N which has the same suspension bearing surface but different lower link and control arm.:)

Very affordable as well! :)

Last edited:
All the development and prototyping work is with the parent company Forge Motorsport in the UK.

The US office, is just sales.:)
Hey, I apologize if this has been asked before, but seeing as how you seem to be in very close contact with Forge, do you know if there are any plans in the works for a silicone Intake pipe from the stock airbox, to perhaps the oversized Forge turbo inlet?

Silly question maybe, but that's the type of arrangement I always ran in my VWs, a long time ago.

To briefly answer your question,; No, they have nothing planned. :) Welcome to the forum and please take the time to introduce yourself to the forum here;
Also take a read thru the forum rules here;
The search engine at the top of the page will help you quickly find topics of discussion of interest and ongoing discussions. Enjoy yourself and the friendly banter. There is plenty to help you and a lot of good people here.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: jm1681
Well, the new FMIC is fitted with the modifications and Forge Motorsports is notified with photos and information. Won't be long till the modified versions is available for the VN. Can't tell you exactly but definately before the first of the year. They're pretty keen on getting it into production.
IMG_0843.jpegIMG_0842.jpegIMG_0845.jpeg
Coolant Tank/CC's next up and almost done.

With any of the installs of FMIC's, you have to cut off the temp sensor bracket and mount the sensor to the appropriate location as illustrated. :)

Last edited: