• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Many greetings to all my non-German N friends out there. 😁🖕
Love you all xxx

nmPHpWj.png
You're blocking the left lane, mate!

Time flies.. This month we celebrated our 2 years anniversary! We made it so far without any deal breaking issues. Well done Hyundai. 👍

The car went in last week for our 3rd inspection at 30.000km with a total cost of 366 EUR. I expected it to be in the high 400s to be honest, but it was a pleasant surprise anyway. According to the technician the car is is still in excellent condition, everything looks nice and tight underneath, there were no errors stored or found in the system, and even the brake pads are still looking quite fat, which is always a bonus.

IHvGd79.jpg

The Pirellis on the other hand, have definitely seen better days..

9xzOeUw.jpg

Fun fact: The Pirellis have done 15.000 km in the last two summers, from which 10.000 km was my daily commute to work (slow, boring driving with no stress on the tires). The rest 5.000 km were done in quite a sporty manner, closer to their limits.

Unfortunately they'll have to go, there's no chance they'll make it through the next summer season. I haven't decided on new ones yet, but I'll probably be going for PS4Ss if not convinced otherwise.

So, things I have to nag about:

- The clear coat on these cars is really, really, soft. For people like me who don't have the luxury of washing their car in their driveway (which is in most cases forbidden in Germany) and drive in a lot of rain/snow, this is quite a problem. You have to go through a car wash every couple of weeks because it rains a lot, and it snows a lot. I can't stand the spiderweb scratches done by washing etc. It's going to be polished next year before summer, and maybe a a coat of something to protect it.

- There's still some light background rattling coming from the front panoroof area which occurs on rough surfaces and bumpy roads, but it's inaudible when listening to music, even on quiet volume levels, so not that bad, can live with that.

- A screw holding the rear spoiler became somehow slowly loose, causing weird rattling coming from the back, but took me 5mins to find the cause and 2mins to fix with a 10mm socket wrench. Still, shouldn't become loose in the first place, bad Hyundai.

It was the right one, to be precise, hidden befind that little rubber grommet thingy:

fEVHXTF.jpg

Still very fun to drive, still fast, still loud, still takes corners like a go-kart, still love it.

See ya all later, have fun, stay safe and drive responsibly, for winter is coming. xxx

Hi Maverick,

if I remember correctly you applied Uk3.0on your car. Is it still present or gone completely after the two years.

as for washing you may want to look into rinseless wash. Much less water used so it can be done in the driveway in most places.

Hi Maverick,

if I remember correctly you applied Uk3.0on your car. Is it still present or gone completely after the two years.
It stayed for about 6-9 months, the salt/mud/snow in winter didn't help preserve it to be honest. If you keep your car in a garage, wash it without much friction, and renew it with something like carpro reload, it will definitely last longer than that though. Personally I don't have the time for any of that. :)

Reactions: Mordog
Engine compartment detailing: Check ✔

31.100km, 2 years in, still looks good! 🥰

oQj3P6a.jpg

Changed the wiper thingies as well, they really needed to go, I'll be doing it every year from now on, well worth it. Those from Bosch are top.

jnElmkTh.jpg

Laters!

How can you possibly operate in a climate like this?
Well, I walk towards the car, press on the handle to unlock it hoping that the battery hasn't died, try to open the door slowly praying it's not completely stuck, get in the car and close the door. Then I put it in neutral, press start once, let it do its thing, and press once again to start the engine. Then I turn every damn heating and defrosting element on and wait for about 2-3 minutes till the revs drop down from 1700 to about 1100 or so. That's usually the sign that the engine is ready to go. Simple as that! 😁 :p

Well, I walk towards the car, press on the handle to unlock it hoping that the battery hasn't died, try to open the door slowly praying it's not completely stuck, get in the car and close the door. Then I put it in neutral, press start once, let it do its thing, and press once again to start the engine. Then I turn every damn heating and defrosting element on and wait for about 2-3 minutes till the revs drop down from 1700 to about 1100 or so. That's usually the sign that the engine is ready to go. Simple as that! 😁 :p
So, does that mean you have to park outside too? OMG :eek: