• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kamyk's i30N PB Performance Pack

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Just remember one thing guys - as I wrote before:
1 - VTECH is really weird - I was on two VTECH dynos and on both of them were weird scores
2 - VTECH dyno is in my ECU tuning shop so - no can do with it....
3 - MAHA is the dyno that TarmoT told me to go there
On VTECH dyno was totally no gain even with gfp delete and whole exhaust change......so another weird thing from this dyno.
But on MAHA dyno scores were more likely because every exhaust part change show me gain.
PS. one more time - scores are not important - I don't want to have another emergency turbo cut off on the street so thats why I did this ecu calibration and lowered the torque.

Reactions: loboo and Bu11eT

TarmoT

Feb 25, 2018
Poland
The biggest difference between Vtech and Maha dynos in our area is that on Maha dyno, Szymon will try to imitate real road conditions as much as possible but both Vtech dynos in our area have closed room and no cooling fans.
I have been on Vtech dyno and MaHa dyno with my car and during dyno run, I noticed a big difference of car sound ect... If on MaHa dyno, all my runs ended with big bang and fire out from exhaust, on Vtech dyno - nothing like this.
Torque numbers where pretty similar on both dynos but regarding crank power values, there was a 10% difference.
Same thing with bone stock i30n from one of my local friends - factory power figures where measured out only on MaHa dyno.

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Thats why I always check my car again with Szymon on his MAHA dyno point.
I called him and will meet him on thursday. I really like him because I can see all values, temps, pressures and I can always ask him about the car and what is he thinking about those scores/values.

Last edited:

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Quite happy with today dyno scores.
1.jpg

Before in the same dyno point it was:
- 320,4 BHP - now 313,4 BHP
- 477,3 Nm - now 433,9 Nm

So I lost only few BHP but about 40 Nm. All turbo preasures are in totally safe values - about 80% of turbo power.
We did some tests after dyno - on the road to check eventually turbo cut off - no problems on all first four gears.
All four gears - max road speed to cut power off without overboost and lost turbo.
So for now - car is a bit slower and squeezes less into the chair ;) but it is safer and clutch will live longer.

Reactions: loboo and Bu11eT

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Two more gadgets are waiting for install:
1 - LED footwell illumination, blue, second row in blue.
LED footwell illumination, blue, second row.png
2 - LED trunk and tailgate lights
LED trunk and tailgate lights.png
Plus another fuse box cover - I need to cut hole in it to install Lufi XF Revolution gauge to the obd connector.
One fuse box cover will be as a spare part.

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Two parts installed and one part not - bonnet lifters.
There is problem - they dont' fit !! I need to check it by myself tomorrow because I can't believe - they are from ATH for i30n.

First fully blue - ceiling lights + floor lights and blue optical fibers:
2.jpg
Next - darker mode without ceiling lights:
3.jpg
And the last part - lighting of the open trunk:
4.jpg

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
There is problem - they dont' fit !! I need to check it by myself tomorrow because I can't believe - they are from ATH for i30n.
check the supplied materials.
the product itself is usually of great quality (me and my buddies installed about 5 of these already), but make sure you actually got all the needed materials in the package. We've had it a few times now that stuff is missing that is needed to mount them. If that's the case just approach the guys from ATH. In our cases they happily sent the missing parts over!

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
It was late when I received my car so they only show me and told me that under the rubber seals on the sides under the bonnet there is small plastic and they can't close the bonnet because of it with the new lifters.
Need to check it tomorrow - today is too dark now.

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
It was late when I received my car so they only show me and told me that under the rubber seals on the sides under the bonnet there is small plastic and they can't close the bonnet because of it with the new lifters.
Need to check it tomorrow - today is too dark now.
But they are not referring to those rubber seals (marked in red), right?
Cause those have to be trimmed down or removed completely in order to fit the lifters.
2018-Hyundai-i30N-Performance-Pack-Review-Engine-Bay-carwitter.jpg

kamyk155

Jun 15, 2018
Poland Gdynia
Ok - problem with the bonnet lifters solved. You guys won't believe it - they put both tab heads of the lifters on one side.
Manual and pictures show car hood tab heads from outside and other from inside........they installed both from inside and upper were blocked by the plastic under the seals......drama.
Here is the picture after my mounting and red lines - their trying.....
1.jpg
It is cold like hell today in Poland but I installed my Lufi XF gauge and cut a hole in new fuse box cover.
Here is quick picture how it looks:
3.jpg4.jpg

Today i saw small problem with my oil catch can - one of the pipes bends too much.
Here is how it look:
2.jpg
Anything to worry about ? Maybe i should try some kind of cover - maybe protective spring or something ?

Reactions: Bu11eT