• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Don't you have any problem with this BOV when accelerating hard ?
In my case I can feel flutter or let's say dual-triple air release but sometimes with gas pedal still pressed.
I tried to tighten the screw but without luck and I'm still waiting for new solenoid.

Don't you have any problem with this BOV when accelerating hard ?
In my case I can feel flutter or let's say dual-triple air release but sometimes with gas pedal still pressed.
I tried to tighten the screw but without luck and I'm still waiting for new solenoid.

I have zero issues. A buddy of mine has the same BOV and is reporting the same problems you are experiencing as well. When I go WOT I cannot hear my BOV at all. I am still unsure of why still is only happening on some cars. I cannot think of a mod I've done that results in me having no issues...

In my case 50/50 setting or even less and slight wobble the foot on acceleration pedal and I can hear flutter almost every time.
With 100% atmosferic - sound isn't too loud and flutter is every time. For sure it isn't soo loud and nice like on every youtube clips. But ok - I will see it after solenoid upgrade. For now I'm driving with 100% recultivation.

Took my Forge BOV off again since I'm sure it was creating a slight boost leak under full load (~0.05bar I guess?) so I put the stock one back on. Also does a lot of turbo flutter, but I like it so I'll keep it.

Small interim update since I am making some progress on creating new parts for my N :)

Got my hands on an industrial 3d-scanner for a small timeframe and was able to scan some stuff on our cars :D

Here are a few snippets on what I am working on:

5taixAX.png

(custom air-intake including custom airbox). the grey cylinder shows the size of the airfilter I am planning to run ;) . Only at the beginning with this right now, still need to do most of the design work.)

MBWKSx1.png

(How the lower left hand side of my car looks right now. The left front wheel is at the bottom of the image. The grey thing is the additional intake I already run for quite some time.)

yzjIzkj.png

(you can see what I am trying to achieve ;) ). This is just an interim design, as soon as I have upgraded my 3d printer around april-may, I want to combine both intakes into one, making it look cleaner in the front. Look at my previous post with my new dust cover and you will know where this is going^^.)

And here is the one thing I am nearly done with already:

New custom tweeter housings!

As you may know, the stock tweeters (and especially the stock grille-cover) are just not any good. To overcome this my local hi-fi shop installed me some plug and play tweeter housings. I took the idea one step further and made the design and even better fit - plus I can now adapt the housing to nearly any tweeter.

I will put some alcantara on the printed parts and then thats done! Swipe through the album below if you are interested how it looks like. Kinda proud with the gap measurements :D

I guess you could say it's the second Alcantara time :D

Got my tweeter housing back from my local saddler and also sent him my sun visors. Primarily I wanted to get rid of this ugly airbag sticker on the passenger side, so I thought, let's throw money at it and see what happens. Turns out if you throw enough money at it, it turns into Alcantara 🤣. You can see my tweeter housing and the sun visor in the album below:

---

To give you guys a small sneak peak on the status of my other projects, my 3D Printer is nearly done, waiting on the last parts and then it'll be good to go. Took the time to finish off the CAD work on my airbox, this is how it looks like right now. Mounting mechanisms, scaling, etc. have all been figured out, time for a prototype to see if everything really fits the way I intend it to. But that's why I need this new printer :) This whole thing will be split into multiple pieces, otherwise even my new printer will be too small for it 😁. I do think I might get trouble with the hood, but then I just remodel the airbox lid and it should be fine.

CL2zXY6.png

aBOT42V.png

uyU3LWg.png

Last edited:
this is a utterly fantastic build love the custom creations your making, love reading it!

I am looking at the speed engineering ducts but waiting on more information how they fit

Reactions: Bu11eT
this is a utterly fantastic build love the custom creations your making, love reading it!

I am looking at the speed engineering ducts but waiting on more information how they fit
Thanks bud, appreciate it!

At least the dust cover fits really well, am expecting the same from the front-inlets. I just didn't get them because of the price and because it's not a big deal to create my own ones.

Not yet sure on how to best route the hoses but I will take care of that as soon as I have the rest of my build ready. Airbox has prio right now :D

Reactions: Deleted member 2480
Another small update:

Couldn't resist and had to put the new airbox in the first time. Still lots of work to do, but this thing looks massive already :D
o0nFKu9.jpg

---

On Sunday my car will go back to Motor Krep for further exhaust fun. The following things are planned:

3" OPF-back exhaust with custom tips (see pic below). This will get TÜV around end of april. Goal is not maximum noise but a nice, bassy note to the exhaust sound. If needed, the papers of my car will be adjusted if the car will be too loud. I am expecting a raise from 91db to ~96db.

After TÜV is done I will get a resonated GPF delete. I wanted this, since I am aiming for higher power figures. The goal is to be able to switch the GPF back in within a few minutes if needed.

He will also create a metal underfloor cover which will span from the rear silencer to my ATH bodykit, creating a gapless connection. With this installed I will hopefully never tear up that bodykit again!

The underfloor cover and the GPF delete will come in somewhere around april/may I hope. The GPF-back exhaust has priority ;)

---

Since my buddy from Motor Krep is custom welding the rear silencer, I am no longer required to run the de-centered tips from ATH. So I contacted All-In Exhaust on Instagram if he could manufacture exhaust-tips which I've previously designed in CAD.

I really like the style from the Akrapovic M2 competition exhaust, so I came up with this design in the end.
UHfYhPO.jpg

There are many cheap clones on the market, but none of them have the curved-cut inner-tip design. But I really liked that. Luckily, All-In Exhaust was able to work it out. Really happy with the pics he sent me. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive by mail! These are custom made by the outer measures from my CAD-Design:

dalXVIN.png

Last edited:
@Bu11eT we want Updates :)
okay okay, you can have some :D

the full exhaust is not done yet, as my exhaust-guy got a small injury which prevented him from finishing mine in time. Current time goal is the 17th of may. At that date I will also have the TÜV-check to get the exhaust system fully legal here in Germany.

Until then, a small sneak peak of the near resonated GPF-delete (that's actually the biggest silencer you can fit in that spot 😅). Idea is to be able to remove the whole GPF-delete with the flex pipe and be able to swap my current enlarged GPF + flex pipe back in if need be. Should be possible within a few minutes of work.
6Xxft40.jpg

---

Also finally finished my airbox design. It now incorporates a small metal badge to give it more of an oem look. Next step is to finish the airpipe to the turbo and to print the airbox lid.

gLTzd7d.jpg

Last edited:
Another update:

- Forge boost pipe is installed
- Brake cooling is installed
- Exhaust is done
- Airbox ready for paint

Forge boost pipe
Yesterday I was with my buddy from Motor Krep who finished up my exhaust (incl. the TÜV-Stuff). Took some spare time to mount the Forge boost pipe. All in all a simple procedure if you don't have the Boomba TB spacers that I have. Needed to cut the silicone hoses to length in order to fit everything properly. Pretty annoying I gotta say. But in the end all fit well enough.

Brake cooling
After the Forge install I started with the brake cooling since the car was on a pit and all wheels were touching the ground we could figure out a way to best route the cooling hoses. Especially the co-driver side was super tight so I had the squeeze the hoses to an oval to get them to fit. Goal was to stay away as far as possible from the drive shaft and check everything with the wheels turned in as well. Still not sure whether the hoses will survive on the long term, but we'll see I guess.

FqbqnsS.jpg

I5pzKGj.jpg

Exhaust
The exhaust is done, TÜV-check was successful, and the car now sounds completely different :D
Still waiting on my TÜV-papers and I need to find some time to give you guys a proper soundcheck. To give you guys a small teaser: With the exhaust-flap closed the car now sounds like a Subaru, with the flap open it's just hell breaking loose. The 100-200 km/h times got better by 0.5s (from 16.7s to 16.2s) probably because of the GPF-delete.

Pics are from the GPF-delete backwards (you can't see the GPF delete on the pics)
IMG-20220518-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20220518-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20220518-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20220518-WA0011.jpg

Airbox
Got in contact with Animal Racing who offered to prep and paint my airbox for me to achieve OEM-looks. Now I gotta find a package that is big enough to house the airbox to send it to them :D

Edit: Added Exhaust pics

Last edited:
How the hell did you get a gpf delete through TÜV? As I know there is no possibility. Not even with large amount of money.