• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
How the hell did you get a gpf delete through TÜV? As I know there is no possibility. Not even with large amount of money.
I didn't. My GPF-delete is swappable. We just checked the noise levels with GPF and with the resonated delete, they were close to identical. The TÜV-check was done with the GPF in place but I can now be sure to pass any police noise test with the GPF-delete in place. That was the goal.

The TÜV papers are only valid with the GPF in place.

Last edited:
After experiencing the new exhaust for some time I think I can give you guys my opinion about it 😅.

Pics of the exhaust can be found here and here.

You may have seen a very similar version of the exhaust over at Klasen Motors.
Mine has a few minor differences, but all in all is very similar to it.

First of all, soundcheck. All three clips in the video have been taken at the same spot with the same microphone settings. Do yourselves a favor and get some headphones. Otherwise you may not hear the difference as good.

N-Mode / Exhaust Flap open party

As you may know already my GPF is gone. The idea was to create an exhaust note very similar to the setup with the GPF installed. The goal was NOT to just have a loud car. In fact, I wanted something bassy but not too noisy.

That's why I now have 1 catalytic converter > mid silencer > another mid silencer > rear silencer.
The first mid silencer can be swapped with the GPF in about 15 minutes.
The dimensions: 3.5" form the Turbo to the first mid silencer, from there on 3" till the exhaust tips.

Soooo quite a few silencers you might say. But as you can hear in the video those create the bassy sound note. And don't forget, when the exhaust valve is open, the rear silencer get's bypassed completely.

Measured noise with the exhaust valve open was about 95db when holding the gas pedal at 3750rpm.

The car is quieter than stock when driving with low rpms but becomes super loud when you are on the throttle and passing 3.5k rpms. With the windows down it is as pleasant as always, with the windows up especially the pops and bangs sound "farther" away (as if the car behind you is making them :D).
Also, due to the dual mid-silencer setup the burbles become way way quieter. You only really hear them with the windows down and even then they are quite muffled.

Normal mode

MotorKrep is offering two different rear silencer designs, one a bit louder with close to zero backpressure buildup when the valve is closed and one very quiet with more backpressure buildup when the valve is closed.

Right now I have the louder one and for me it's a bit too loud. I am a bit kinky, especially since the stock rear silencer is really silent with the valve closed and this one is just not. Other customers who run the same rear silencer have no issues with it, I guess it's just me😅. The loudness is just down to physics and since I am not planning to push the car on the German Autobahn with the exhaust valve closed, I will switch over to the more silent one in 1-2 months time.

But I still want to give you guys an idea how the louder one sounds like:
From the outside it's like a stock Subaru when you start the car. Super bassy and really silent but with a touch of sportiness if you so will^^. The higher you get in the rpms the more the noise penetrates to the interior and at around 3.5k rpms you hear it quite noticeably. Not loud by any means but you can definitely hear it.

Exhaust tips

The exhaust tips are not from MotorKrep but come from All-In Exhaust. I mentioned it a few posts earlier that those are a custom design by me. They do fit perfectly on the rest of the exhaust, so kudos to All-In Exhaust for helping me out here. I will however have a close look at the paint of the tips, since the N is known for having super hot exhaust temps which might peel off the paint.

7zqg6UC.jpg

Custom Work

- The first mid silencer has a thermo-integral-isolation (don't know the english word^^) on it.
- The rear silencer is mounted a bit lower to form a line with my ATH body kit. Previously the body kit was catching the wind from underneath the car. That issue is now solved!

TÜV

The exhaust is now in my papers (without the GPF-delete) and the papers have been adjusted to accommodate for the louder exhaust noise while standing still.

7y8va5e.jpg

mofVyM9.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus man, you still doing it xD

Aren't your cost creeping up to bmw m4 price level? :D

Good diary you created here :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bu11eT
Jesus man, you still doing it xD

Aren't your cost creeping up to bmw m4 price level? :D

Good diary you created here :)
shhh, no one's supposed to know about that :D
costs are still fine tbh, I am not planning to sell it anytime soon (if ever at all^^). So if I stretch it out over 10+ years I can live with it 😅. Issue is, apart from power I am not sure what else I can do to her :D

Yesterday, @Felix, a buddy of his and myself had some fun with our Ns at Oschersleben, a local racetrack.
This one is a bit different to Bilster Berg (where I've been before) since it is primarily a Motorcycle-oriented track. So not a super complicated layout and quite some "boring" corners but also some fun bits and pieces.

Here's a pic of the layout:
audi_motorsport-120328-7148.jpg

Main purpose of this trackday for me was to:
a) learn the track, since it was the first time for me.
b) get the tire pressure of the Zestinos right.
c) play around with the ECS10 module settings.

a) went quite fast apart from the triple left hander (sometimes I forgot about it and was way too slow for it :D)
b) Used my experience from the Bilster Berg, 2.0 bar cold, 2.3 bar hot all around worked well. Went a bit lower in the back for the later stints to combat the loose rear end.
c) This one was fun. In the first stint I just set front and rear to 100% stiffness. Well the rear was sliding around like crazy so I played around a bit for the next 2 stints and found that 90% stiffness in the front and 60% stiffness in the rear worked well. You really could feel the difference! Gonna definitely use the next track days to play with it a bit more. Also learned you can ignore the "Ride" tab and only make the changes in the "Handling" tab when you are on the track. The car never defaults back to the settings in the "Ride" tab but only uses the once in the "Handling" one as it detects the car is used properly :D

---

I also f*ed up my brakes, was using Brembos OEM replacement disks and pads and those just wouldn't bite at all. After just one stint they looked like this. And keep in mind, I was even running my brake cooling setup.
9GnICtz.jpg
Never again! Gonna swap over to a different disk/pad setup for the next trackday. Even if I still can drive with those, the lack of braking power on the track was just annoying.

Here are a few pics and clips of the day. Was lots of fun!

z2b72ET.jpg

nFEMdUa.jpg

q1ateMC.jpg

Last edited:
Allot of pad material on the rotor. Did you try to crosshatch hone the rotors? Makes a big difference especially with newer rotors.👍🇺🇸
1655134455760.jpeg

Last edited:
Allot of pad material on the rotor. Did you try to crosshatch hone the rotors? Makes a big difference especially with newer rotors.👍🇺🇸
View attachment 20278

havent tried it and tbh I dont think it's worth it. Those are just cheaper grade pads and discs and the bite factor was not great either.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Tbh the mix of Godspeed Rotors and Pagid RSL29 pads was the best for me yet, I'd give it a try.
tbh pads is already kinda decided, the nexd pads have similar bite than the pagid ones but do not tend to squeal and are more friendly to the disc. I already consulted nexd about which (slotted) disc they recommend. I like the Tarox C83 because it's heat-treated and has quite a bit material on it so it should last longer. But that's not decided yet. The Tarox will get TÜV sooner or later, the Godspeed won't, so that's also an argument.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
tbh pads is already kinda decided, the nexd pads have similar bite than the pagid ones but do not tend to squeal and are more friendly to the disc. I already consulted nexd about which (slotted) disc they recommend. I like the Tarox C83 because it's heat-treated and has quite a bit material on it so it should last longer. But that's not decided yet. The Tarox will get TÜV sooner or later, the Godspeed won't, so that's also an argument.
The NexD pad bit is interesting, do they have similar thermal performance too compared to the Pagid RSL29s?

Interesting.. I have the same Brembo ones for like 4 months now, but I don't track my N so there's that. On the street though, mountain roads and whatnot, they're as good as the OEM ones, plus a bit quieter. At least that's my experience so far.

(to be honest I didn't want to pay the 1250 Eur Hyundai wanted for OEM discs/pads, when these cost 350 Eur.. It's retarded)

:rolleyes:

Interesting.. I have the same Brembo ones for like 4 months now, but I don't track my N so there's that. On the street though, mountain roads and whatnot, they're as good as the OEM ones, plus a bit quieter. At least that's my experience so far.

(to be honest I didn't want to pay the 1250 Eur Hyundai wanted for OEM discs/pads, when these cost 350 Eur.. It's retarded)

yep drove them a good 6 months on the road. looked like new when I went to the trackday. well after one stint they looked like on the pic.

I don't like Hyundai's pricetag either but compared to @Bu11eT 's discs they are worth it. I've run the original ones since three track days (even with EBC yellow stuff pads) and they still look better than the Brembos and I'm not even talking about the much better braking performance.

I don't like Hyundai's pricetag either but compared to @Bu11eT 's discs they are worth it. I've run the original ones since three track days (even with EBC yellow stuff pads) and they still look better than the Brembos and I'm not even talking about the much better braking performance.
Yup definitely worth the extra for OEM or even better ones if you're tracking (semi)regularly. The Brembos are good enough for daily and spirited weekend driving, nothing more. Mine still have a mirror like finish, but I bet they'll get ruined pretty much instantly on a single track day. 😂

20220615_161507.jpg
I'm glad people are trying other stuff though, gives us an idea of what's out there, more choices is always a nice thing to have. 😁