• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Velossa has designed this for the i30 N line. Will it adjust to the i30n performance?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190622_204817.jpg
    IMG_20190622_204817.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Haha
Reactions: PerformaN
Im working with them on fitment for the i30N. Unfortunately the nline is slighly different and also doesn't have the platstic seperating between front bar and oem air feed. So cutting will be required to fit
And do you still have a lot to complete the design? I guess we have to keep waiting for our cars
 
  • Like
Reactions: pumesta
My vote goes to stock intake with drop in filter (Pipercross or K&N) + 3D printed snorkel.

This is why I personally believe the SXTH Element Intake will be one of the best available. It may not make the most hp but it will do an excellent job of filtration and engine protection. It will have the addition of a small snorkel as well. Of course, we are still waiting on it's arrival from them.

09-01-104-749-T.jpg
09-01-104-3T.jpg09-01-104-2T.jpg
 
Yes it is. We are just waiting for them to finish the N model. It's been in the works for about 3 months. They are nearing completion, for the N unit. If it fits the VN it will fit the i30N.

This has been talked about in other threads as well. the first photo in this thread shows the VN prototype unit. Special thanks to @Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS for starting the thread.
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/sxth-element-engineering-intake.3436/#post-54244https://n-cars.net/forums/goto/post?id=55497
Velossa has designed this for the i30 N line. Will it adjust to the i30n performance?
Velossa Tech sent me a message and they are nearly done on the VN unit which will be available shortly.
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/velossa-tech-design.3050/#post-56098
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: simmo777
I installed today the Pipercross one. Didn't have the chance to drive much so can't say any noticeable differences so far but yet again I wasn't expecting much performance wise from an air filter.
Maybe a bit more of engine/turbo noise.

Have you driven much more ? I'm looking for increased sound not really power. I'll grab the pipercross if there's an increase in sound.

Pipercross has 2 different air filters: PX1999 and PX1999DRY. PX1999 is oiled and PX1999DRY is dry. ITG is oiled. ITG price is double of Pipercross. Flow and filtering diferences betwen the 2 filters i have no idea. I have the PX1999DRY and very happy with it.

I can't seem to find the DRY version anywhere other than German or French websites.. Even the official Pipercross English website only seems to have the oiled version.
 
I believe there is a DRY version of the Pipercross intake which I'm interested in so avoid any possible oil in the intake issues.

I can't find the DRY version on any English website including Pipercross's official English website, I can only find them on German and French websites which is odd.. anyone purchased the DRY version from any English websites ?
 
I got the PX1999 (oiled) because I wanted to get rid of the oem one. The filter seems fine and I am not going to do logs (or whatever I did with my other car) in order to prove something. Anyway , you don't have to worry about the oil of the filter because you cant potentially damage the MAF sensor that we... don't have in our cars:)
 
I got the PX1999 (oiled) because I wanted to get rid of the oem one. The filter seems fine and I am not going to do logs (or whatever I did with my other car) in order to prove something. Anyway , you don't have to worry about the oil of the filter because you cant potentially damage the MAF sensor that we... don't have in our cars:)

Was there much noise increase ? I took the airbox off mine today and induction noise has increased just hoping the filter would add a bit more too
 
I think the induction noise increases by taking off the airbox (not going to do that because I like the oem engine bay looks) and by changing the material of the intake (oem plastic vs metallic aftermarket -- different vibration/acoustics and stuff). I think that you got the most of it by removing the airbox
 
Had Pipercross, now running ITG.
ITG seems better construction.....
Performance wise, sod all difference!
 
  • Like
Reactions: simmo777
I believe there is a DRY version of the Pipercross intake which I'm interested in so avoid any possible oil in the intake issues.

I can't find the DRY version on any English website including Pipercross's official English website, I can only find them on German and French websites which is odd.. anyone purchased the DRY version from any English websites ?

Shouldn't have any problems with oil in the intake. Also this can't mess up any MAF sensors since our cars don't have them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R Veloster N