• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
We tohether with HRE Performace Solutions are working on new intake solution at the moment. Next week I will get it together with my upgraded turbocharger so I will try to give feedback as fast as possible. It has been developed lately when we have seen many different air intakes on market and we tried to make the best performing solution on market. It is 90mm-s FROM turbocharger untill oem airbox and there is a possibility to also use open cone filter with that pipe. 3D printed intake snorkel is also available now:
.... So hold on a bit and lets see the results soon ;)

Last edited:
HRE snorkel is 299€.... way to much for a little bit of plastic
It depends - sometimes just a piece of cheap metal, can be 10 times more expensive.
In my oppinion it is still better to spend 300€ for something what improves performance of your car than spend 340€ for someting what looks good (Forge hot air intake) but will steal some power from your car.

It depends - sometimes just a piece of cheap metal, can be 10 times more expensive.
In my oppinion it is still better to spend 300€ for something what improves performance of your car than spend 340€ for someting what looks good (Forge hot air intake) but will steal some power from your car.

That is correct but it has to stand in relation. For example. For less than 300€ I'll get a stainless steel flex pipe. Or exhausts tips. Or the HDT airpipe.

So I don't get why the price has to be so much. And correct me if I'm wrong, the 300€ was the introductory price...

I have just purchased and fitted the IFX intake kit. It is Australian made and he sells them on eBay. I was looking at the Forge however I didn’t like the lack of hot air shielding, and the only benefit seemed to be the noise it would make. This was the only intake kit I could find with a box around the filter. Price was a bit steep at $670 but in my opinion it was the only one that should actually lower intake temps so it was worth a try. The bottom of the box stops at the edge of the chassis rail which allows cooler air to be drawn from the inner guard area. Quality is excellent as was the packaging and instructions etc. Plus the sounds it makes are awesome!! 059E3D25-7F22-4BDD-81F7-40A91E77D3A7.jpeg

I have just purchased and fitted the IFX intake kit. It is Australian made and he sells them on eBay. I was looking at the Forge however I didn’t like the lack of hot air shielding, and the only benefit seemed to be the noise it would make. This was the only intake kit I could find with a box around the filter. Price was a bit steep at $670 but in my opinion it was the only one that should actually lower intake temps so it was worth a try. The bottom of the box stops at the edge of the chassis rail which allows cooler air to be drawn from the inner guard area. Quality is excellent as was the packaging and instructions etc. Plus the sounds it makes are awesome!! View attachment 8141

Thanks for the write up! Any chance you can take a video?

I might have to blow my tax return on the one... however murphy's law states as soon as I do a sealed intake with front snorkel will become available :eek:

Last edited:

I might have to blow my tax return on the one... however murphy's law states as soon as I do a sealed intake with front snorkel will become available :eek:

I will try and do a video when I get a chance, just in the process of installing Forge intercooler so unable to drive at this moment. I also have a GFB Deceptor Pro on the way which should make even better noises.
It wouldn’t be hard to add a snorkel or ducting pipe to feed air to this setup, I may do something later on.
Apparently there are other parts in the pipeline from IFX and I would imagine that is one of them. I have asked him to send me details of any new products as they become available so I will keep you guys in the loop.

Reactions: simmo777
That intake has one weak point - silicone connector between hard pipe and heat shield. That heat shield has a welded flange where hard pipe will be attached from engine side and air filter from heat sield side. Problem is that our engine is moving backwards a lot and intake system must have also 1-1.5 cm room to "play".
But you can fix it by using hump hose:
silicone-hose-races-hump-hose-connector-60mm-236.jpg
Otherwise that solution looks solid and if you will also modify your lower left bumper grille and bring flexible pipe close to the filter, it will start to work even better.

I will try and do a video when I get a chance, just in the process of installing Forge intercooler. Also have a GFB in It wouldn’t be hard to add a snorkel or ducting pipe to feed air to this setup. There are other parts in the pipeline from IFX and I would imagine that is one of them. I have asked him to send me details of any new products as they become available.
That intake has one weak point - silicone connector between hard pipe and heat shield. That heat shield has a welded flange where hard pipe will be attached from engine side and air filter from heat sield side. Problem is that our engine is moving backwards a lot and intake system must have also 1-1.5 cm room to "play".
But you can fix it by using hump hose:
View attachment 8142
Otherwise that solution looks solid and if you will also modify your lower left bumper grille and bring flexible pipe close to the filter, it will start to work even better.

Good point Tarmo thanks. I didn’t realise the engines move that much as I’ve never seen the car on a dyno. I will chase up a black hump hose when I can and swap it over. I will also contact IFX and mention it to him too.

Just went for a test drive after fitting the intercooler. I wasn’t able to video while I was driving but the sounds are incredible. The stock blow off valve noise back through the filter puts a smile on my face every gear change. It would be even louder from outside.

I'm so fu***** jealous right now. Damn laws in Germany :mad: impossible to drive with that here.
Looks so sexy and sure sounds even better.
Not sure in your laws in Germany but here in Australia a pod filter is a defect if it’s not in a box. While this isn’t technically a box, once the bonnet closes and seals it sort of is. Well that’s the argument i will be having if there is ever an issue. Mind you I haven’t had any issues with modified cars since my teens and never driven a standard car (or not for long).
It’s funny to me you guys can’t really modify yet a bunch of parts I’ve purchased for this car have come from Germany. It’s a very quick install and you could always swap back for registration check if required. I take the Race chip out before service but I won’t be removing the intake as it shouldn’t be a warranty issue.

You are not allowed to drive with open box or open intake in general.

For (almost) every part you modify you need a part certificate. If the part is already homologated with the car you do not have to register anything. If not you have to go to the TUV and have a single approval.

The problem with an open intake is that you have to make a noise measurement. And this is very expensive and is not registered in 90% of the cases.