Im working with them on fitment for the i30N. Unfortunately the nline is slighly different and also doesn't have the platstic seperating between front bar and oem air feed. So cutting will be required to fitVelossa has designed this for the i30 N line. Will it adjust to the i30n performance?
And do you still have a lot to complete the design? I guess we have to keep waiting for our carsIm working with them on fitment for the i30N. Unfortunately the nline is slighly different and also doesn't have the platstic seperating between front bar and oem air feed. So cutting will be required to fit
Not far off. Maybe a couple weeksAnd do you still have a lot to complete the design? I guess we have to keep waiting for our cars
There is no need to replace the air filter - trust me it is good enough (it is not usual panel filter made from paper) and there will be absolutely no improvement at all. But there is one thing you can do for improving OEM intake:
View attachment 1422
View attachment 1423
My vote goes to stock intake with drop in filter (Pipercross or K&N) + 3D printed snorkel.
My vote goes to stock intake with drop in filter (Pipercross or K&N) + 3D printed snorkel.



Velossa Tech sent me a message and they are nearly done on the VN unit which will be available shortly.Velossa has designed this for the i30 N line. Will it adjust to the i30n performance?
I installed today the Pipercross one. Didn't have the chance to drive much so can't say any noticeable differences so far but yet again I wasn't expecting much performance wise from an air filter.
Maybe a bit more of engine/turbo noise.
Pipercross has 2 different air filters: PX1999 and PX1999DRY. PX1999 is oiled and PX1999DRY is dry. ITG is oiled. ITG price is double of Pipercross. Flow and filtering diferences betwen the 2 filters i have no idea. I have the PX1999DRY and very happy with it.
I got the PX1999 (oiled) because I wanted to get rid of the oem one. The filter seems fine and I am not going to do logs (or whatever I did with my other car) in order to prove something. Anyway , you don't have to worry about the oil of the filter because you cant potentially damage the MAF sensor that we... don't have in our cars![]()
I believe there is a DRY version of the Pipercross intake which I'm interested in so avoid any possible oil in the intake issues.
I can't find the DRY version on any English website including Pipercross's official English website, I can only find them on German and French websites which is odd.. anyone purchased the DRY version from any English websites ?