• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
It really does fit very tightly on mine and I can’t move it without pulling hard on it - performs really well too so I’m sure they have just made a dodgy batch. They are a very reputable company so I’m not sure why people are so suspicious of their development. Hopefully the replacement items will fit tightly like the first batch did.
 
It looks a hell of a lot tighter in that video than mine is. Mine is worse than the OE filter in the video!

I'm still waiting for an address BTW. Will send another email to prompt a response next week.
 
Mine was the very first batch out....personally, i think mine fits fine.
I have a hunch, pipercross had an Instagram video of a CNC machine working away with some hashtag with i30n in, I messaged and asked if it wasn’t the cold air kit in development, I had a reply with no just another set of tooling to make the i30n air filters. Could it be 1 set of tooling has worn which is why they need a second due to demand? Or could it be the second tooling hasn’t been machined quite right? Either way I’d trust it’s a bad batch, the video they released shows a well fitting filter and I feel mine isn’t far off that at all, has anybody done a video of their poor fitting filter?
 
Mine was the very first batch out....personally, i think mine fits fine.
I have a hunch, pipercross had an Instagram video of a CNC machine working away with some hashtag with i30n in, I messaged and asked if it wasn’t the cold air kit in development, I had a reply with no just another set of tooling to make the i30n air filters. Could it be 1 set of tooling has worn which is why they need a second due to demand? Or could it be the second tooling hasn’t been machined quite right? Either way I’d trust it’s a bad batch, the video they released shows a well fitting filter and I feel mine isn’t far off that at all, has anybody done a video of their poor fitting filter?

If its dry tomorrow I will do something.
 
Guys, just post the return mailing address here for everyone who has the fitment issue, along with the email address used to report the issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R Veloster N
Update, I have spoken to the Pipercross team today, they tested my returned filter on a 130n they have on site (one the team owns one) the filter fitted fine on there's but they said they have made some modifications and are sending me a replacement out today. Once received I will do a video of the install and post on here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ben Richards
I was surprised to see they were the same length putting them next to each other. However you can see see the difference between the tops. I'm uploading a video as I'm typing this.

coxYpPB.jpg


Xtm1x8r.jpg


E6a5TIl.jpg


yW48iUn.jpg


6Jkv2sv.jpg