• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Heyo,

I'm wanting to install an induction kit, before eventually getting a remap. I don't know too much about the inner workings, but my concern is if I got an induction kit installed would it make the car run leaner? Seen a lot of people installing induction kits with everything else stock, but I have no idea if it would actually decrease performance this way.

Cheers

the ECU has plenty of headroom in terms of the AFR. Don't worry about it, if it would damage the engine, the ECU would send the car into limp mode.

Hey guys I do have some questions regarding this particular filter: https://hyundaizubehoer.de/en/i30-n/209535-sport-air-filter-i30n.html

I've ordered it and I've noticed that at first the original cover won't fit but after a better alignment of the filter and the holder, I somehow managed to also add the original plastic cover as nothing happens. And now the questions:

1. What happens if I'm using the pipercross filter without a cover case?
2. Should I try and use the original/stock cover case with the pipercross filter, could it be wrong and too tight for it?
3. I don't want to spend ~250 EUR only for a stupid cover sooo what are my options?
4. Is the pipercross really worth it performance wise or I should use the stock filter?

Hey guys I do have some questions regarding this particular filter: https://hyundaizubehoer.de/en/i30-n/209535-sport-air-filter-i30n.html

I've ordered it and I've noticed that at first the original cover won't fit but after a better alignment of the filter and the holder, I somehow managed to also add the original plastic cover as nothing happens. And now the questions:

1. What happens if I'm using the pipercross filter without a cover case?
2. Should I try and use the original/stock cover case with the pipercross filter, could it be wrong and too tight for it?
3. I don't want to spend ~250 EUR only for a stupid cover sooo what are my options?
4. Is the pipercross really worth it performance wise or I should use the stock filter?

2. The pipercross filter should fit inside the filter box with the cover on without a problem. it's just alignment issue.
1. I wouldn't run it without the cover, because you will end up getting hotter air into the engine which will probably decrease the performance.
3. See #2 :)
4. In general simple filter change doesn't do much in terms of performance but the only way to realistic measure that is have the car dyno'ed before and after (few runs actually to remove the error margins too). I would also pay attention to the environment you live , in case it's too dusty , then a paper filter might be a better choice as they tend to filter better , albeit being a bit more restrictive in airflow.

I don't want to be a spoilsport but; the holes allow hot air to be sucked into the air box and mixed with any cooler air being brought in thru the grill area. What I'm saying is you've succeeding in creating a hot air intake. As heat soak rises within the engine compartment, more hot air will be ingested and systematically raise IAT's, reducing usable hp..🤔
Not when i´m driving...the open Filter is not better 😂

Heyo,

Looking at getting either the forge induction or pipercross one, prefer how the forge looks in the engine but might go with pipercross because I'm worried about heat soak, I'm just seeing the forge filter taking in hot air from engine bay when I'm sitting at traffic lights.

Is pipercross the better option?

Cheers

In average with Forge intake IAT is 6'C higher on the track, the biggest IAT tem I recorded on track is after 10 fast laps and than in pit stop is 62'C, outer temp was 28'C, in fast laps IAT is around 44'C

I have been working in a 4" carbon fiber pipe to aviod high IAT, keeping oem airbox. Result has been so good at stock car and now we are making some tests in a stage3 car. At the moment the vehicle feels a little bit better than intake system without air box, but we have to make more tests

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210723-203434_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210723-203434_Gallery.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 150
I have been working in a 4" carbon fiber pipe to avoid high IAT, keeping oem airbox. Result has been so good at stock car and now we are making some tests in a stage3 car. At the moment the vehicle feels a little bit better than intake system without air box, but we have to make more tests
You've got to put it on a dyno to find out for sure. Additionally, you'll need IAT readings from data logging to know about the temps. All this includes, 'before the install and after."

Reactions: Bu11eT
I've took IAT temperatures comparing OEM and Carbon Fiber intake and seems between 2 and 4 degrees less. Turbo pressure peaks got until 1.4bar (stock peaks no more than 1.2bar)

I would like to purchase the best sounding Induction Kit for my i30N Project C. But with selection I need to meet the following:
  1. able to purchase within EU to exclude VAT
  2. no need to modify ECU
  3. easy to install with proven records
  4. possibly to see/hear somewhere on YouTube
Can anyone recommend me something? Thank you.

I would like to purchase the best sounding Induction Kit for my i30N Project C. But with selection I need to meet the following:
  2. no need to modify ECU

Hello,

We have developed this carbon fiber intake in 4" to install with OEM airbox to keep air colder as possible.

Assembly is very quick, it's not needed to modify ECU, it adjust parameters automatically, and improvements have been measured by OBD, data directly from ECU (between 0.1 - 0.2 bar more in average).

you can follow @edi30n instagram account for more info and videos 😊

Reactions: Ahtnukiav
  2. no need to modify ECU

I'd say go either for the Forge or the Pipercross one.
- both are open intakes which should satisfy your sound needs. A closed intake will simply not do that.
- both have good installation instructions and fit well.
- both come with a 4" airpipe (so in terms of performance gains they should be similar)
- you do not need to remap the ECU with either of them (although it may make sense to do it at some point)
- there are plenty of YouTube videos to hear and see them, although the videos do not do the sound justice, I recommend hearing them in person if you have someone nearby.

- The Forge has the bigger filter, you can buy it here: Induction Kit for Hyundai i30N and Veloster N | FMINDK28 | Forge Motorsport
- The Pipercross one will be released as an official Hyundai accessory at least here in Germany, so full warranty support. The Hyundai-branded one will be available here: Hyundai N-Performance Intake Kit, i30N (hyundaizubehoer.de) The Pipercross-branded version is available here: Pipercross Car Induction Kit PK424 – The Pipercross Shop

@Bu11eT, thanks for the comprehensive answer. I was looking at Forge, but since UK left EU, it sucks to pay customs and extra VAT for EU resident right now. I think I will be waiting for Pipercross and purchase before that Carbon Spoiler from hyundaizubehoer.de.

Reactions: Bu11eT
I'd say go either for the Forge or the Pipercross one.
- both are open intakes which should satisfy your sound needs. A closed intake will simply not do that.
- both have good installation instructions and fit well.
- both come with a 4" airpipe (so in terms of performance gains they should be similar)
- you do not need to remap the ECU with either of them (although it may make sense to do it at some point)
- there are plenty of YouTube videos to hear and see them, although the videos do not do the sound justice, I recommend hearing them in person if you have someone nearby.

- The Forge has the bigger filter, you can buy it here: Induction Kit for Hyundai i30N and Veloster N | FMINDK28 | Forge Motorsport
- The Pipercross one will be released as an official Hyundai accessory at least here in Germany, so full warranty support. The Hyundai-branded one will be available here: Hyundai N-Performance Intake Kit, i30N (hyundaizubehoer.de) The Pipercross-branded version is available here: Pipercross Car Induction Kit PK424 – The Pipercross Shop
What's your opinion on the forge one not having any heatshield? I'm honestly stuck deciding between the two, would prefer to go with forge, but the pipercross one has a heat shield so it's making me think performance wise it'll be better.

Noticed some posts were saying induction kits offer no performance benefit anyway unless tuning.

I noticed on one of your posts, you were planning on getting an intake, inlet adapter and tune as well, so I am interested in your opinion :)

What's your opinion on the forge one not having any heatshield? I'm honestly stuck deciding between the two, would prefer to go with forge, but the pipercross one has a heat shield so it's making me think performance wise it'll be better.

Noticed some posts were saying induction kits offer no performance benefit anyway unless tuning.

I noticed on one of your posts, you were planning on getting an intake, inlet adapter and tune as well, so I am interested in your opinion :)

Forge say on the dyno with simulated air flow, there was no increase in the inlet air temperatures without a heat shield fitted..3A0D2A46-E05F-453C-BC4D-043DD5E1D4E7.jpeg

Just fitted the forge intake @ £314 inc vat, you can choose a foam or pleated air filter from their website.

I opted for the foam, it is supplied to forge by pipercross and it is dry not oiled.

I got in touch with forge regarding whether the filter needed oiling and the answer was NO, they said they request them dry from pipercross to eliminate maf sensor issues.

Also I asked the question "will it run lean?" No it won't run lean they said.

It looks good in the engine bay, sounds good, nice induction and turbo spool can be heard in the vehicle with the windows closed.

I've fitted a forge bov and discovered by at first I vented to atmosphere then tried recirculating with the pipe supplied by forge and a faint stututu can be heard also as the recirculating air hits the turbo vanes.

Now the car is even more fun with all the noises.

Last edited:
Just fitted the forge intake @ £314 inc vat, you can choose a foam or pleated air filter from their website.

I opted for the foam, it is supplied to forge by pipercross and it is dry not oiled.

I got in touch with forge regarding whether the filter needed oiling and the answer was NO, they said they request them dry from pipercross to eliminate maf sensor issues.

Weird, mine seemed oiled, and their "Air filter cleaning instructions" listed says to oil it...

1627330837143.png

1627330867939.png

I was also under the impression that the i30N doesn't have a MAF sensor.

Reactions: Ahtnukiav
Guy at forge said . . . quote
Oiled filters tend to clog up the maff readings so therefore we do not have them oiled, we ask for this on our filters but yes if you were to purchase another pipercross filter for another car from a different person they will more than likely be oiled.
unquote.

But my filter wasn't oiled that came with the kit.

Maybe they don't know the product & generic answers.
More filtration then oil I guess.

Last edited: