• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N 2021 i30 N

In the same boat as you! Given a delivery date of next week with no update in the last 6 days apart from: "yes i30N's are held at customs in the UK , issue with Co2 Emissions however this sometimes happens and should be resolved before long"

*Edit* Had an email today that they have not received an update. They are going to chase and be in touch tomorrow.

Had a few emails since Monday but no official update - Now got a call on Monday to discuss what is going on.

*Edit* No news from Hyundai to the dealer. Now both of us are sat waiting around awaiting events.

Last edited:
Reactions: vJaCkHz
My order is delayed. Originally supposed to be arriving end of October, now it’s pushed back to mid December. I ordered at the end of July.

Dealer were apologetic - obviously out of their hands but it’s a bit frustrating. The shorter lead times on Hyundai were one of the reasons I went for an I30n over a 128ti. Turns out the BMW probably would have arrived first!

My order is delayed. Originally supposed to be arriving end of October, now it’s pushed back to mid December. I ordered at the end of July.

Dealer were apologetic - obviously out of their hands but it’s a bit frustrating. The shorter lead times on Hyundai were one of the reasons I went for an I30n over a 128ti. Turns out the BMW probably would have arrived first!
That's crazy! I ordered at the beginning of July and the car is *reportedly* in the UK. Now being held due to this emissions farce!

That's crazy! I ordered at the beginning of July and the car is *reportedly* in the UK. Now being held due to this emissions farce!

By the sounds of it the dealers were only able to put so many orders in per month. So if the dealership had hit their quota then it'd likely actually be ordered in August, despite customers ordering in July. That's how I understand it.

At least you'll have the better car eventually though

By the sounds of it the dealers were only able to put so many orders in per month. So if the dealership had hit their quota then it'd likely actually be ordered in August, despite customers ordering in July. That's how I understand it.
Sounds like it - I think the new issue is that the DVLA problems are causing a backlog in the shipping network. I don't even know if my car is in the country or still on the ship!

I've been told by my salesman today that my car is in Tilbury dock and that the car requires an "update," hopefully this isn't reducing the power to get the emissions down!? And he said it should be released by the 28th October, dont know where he's got that date from?

I've been told by my salesman today that my car is in Tilbury dock and that the car requires an "update," hopefully this isn't reducing the power to get the emissions down!? And he said it should be released by the 28th October, dont know where he's got that date from?
Sounds like a tune/map update. Vauxhall are currently doing this with their diesel 1.6s. Which is also to do with emissions

To all german folks:
The dealer where I originally wanted to order my car from just mailed me yesterday that the car is back and we can order.
Configurator is still not updated though.

Reactions: KawaiiiO
To all german folks:
The dealer where I originally wanted to order my car from just mailed me yesterday that the car is back and we can order.
Configurator is still not updated though.
Visiting my dealer on Tuesday.. let's see... Also visiting Toyota and Audi.

Does anyone have any idea what this "update" is that's going to be done to every vehicle in the UK before they can be registered? Sounds like a software thing but surely its not going to be lowering the HP to ultimately lower the emissions?

I very much doubt it's reducing HP there are lots of us with them already not being asked to return for a map and I'm pretty sure on Facebook I've seen people collect theirs recently, are you being fed a line maybe?

Reactions: Crossy_99
It would be highly unlikely that they reduce the power. What they might do though is reduce the sound it makes or similar.

BMW did this to me in my M135 last year. The test driven car had nice sound, crackles, pops, bangs etc but the car I got didn't have it. Turned out they had done an update related to Noise Regulations but didn't tell their customers then refused to take the car back or do anything about it.

I've dropped my dealer an email anyway to say if the car characteristics have changed in any way that I'm not happy with then I will be walking away. Just needed to cover my own back after what BMW pulled.

If there is an update, hopefully it's all fine and there's nothing to worry about.

I very much doubt it's reducing HP there are lots of us with them already not being asked to return for a map and I'm pretty sure on Facebook I've seen people collect theirs recently, are you being fed a line maybe?

I'm really not sure, I dont really trust the dealership, I'm only going off what other people have said in the forum about an emission problem with the dvla.

It would be highly unlikely that they reduce the power. What they might do though is reduce the sound it makes or similar.

BMW did this to me in my M135 last year. The test driven car had nice sound, crackles, pops, bangs etc but the car I got didn't have it. Turned out they had done an update related to Noise Regulations but didn't tell their customers then refused to take the car back or do anything about it.

I've dropped my dealer an email anyway to say if the car characteristics have changed in any way that I'm not happy with then I will be walking away. Just needed to cover my own back after what BMW pulled.

If there is an update, hopefully it's all fine and there's nothing to worry about.

I think I'll be sending that exact email now to cover myself too! Hopefully its something simple that doesn't effect the characteristics.

Made the call today since didn't hear anything over the weekend. Confirmed that my car is currently sat within Tilbury Docks and awaiting clearance to enter the UK. Sounds like this is mainly due to paperwork and emissions. It would appear this is a Hyundai/DVLA issue, and the dealers are just being told to call head office in regards to orders.

This has not been helped by the DVLA strikes which have created a backlog in just about everything. It also sounds like they are being cleared on a car by car basis. Nothing has been mentioned in regards to a software update.

They are hopeful that it could be as early as this week for collection.

*Edited to add more detail*

Last edited: