• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Do you mind sharing your dealer? I'm just trying to piece information together. Someone on the FB group have said the same as you.
Its Motorline Worcester. No problem sharing, as they've been brilliant so far. This one is out of their hands, just a waiting game as to when DVLA allow the cars to be released. If your car hasn't arrived yet, it may be resolved before it does.

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
Its Motorline Worcester. No problem sharing, as they've been brilliant so far. This one is out of their hands, just a waiting game as to when DVLA allow the cars to be released. If your car hasn't arrived yet, it may be resolved before it does.
Ah ok, so it's also a different dealership. I just wanted to rule out it was a dealership fobbing people off which it appears it's not.

My car should be arriving any time now with a drop off at the dealership on 14th October. So potentially an extra couple of weeks wait. Frustrating! Especially when the car industry is on it's needs yet DVLA feel the need to add extra complication.

TwI30ned

Aug 7, 2021
Uk
I ordered end of July from Peterborough Hyundai - anyone else using them? Apparently don’t even have a build date yet, so no delivery date in sight. I haven’t heard anything about DVLA delays but it will probably be sorted by the time they get around to building mine.

Getting a bit impatient now 😂

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Ah ok, so it's also a different dealership. I just wanted to rule out it was a dealership fobbing people off which it appears it's not.

My car should be arriving any time now with a drop off at the dealership on 14th October. So potentially an extra couple of weeks wait. Frustrating! Especially when the car industry is on it's needs yet DVLA feel the need to add extra complication.
Yep I quickly ruled that out too, it is unfortunately a legit issue. Seems very odd and maybe some kind of oversight between Hyundai and the DVLA, dealers seemed to have no clue it was going to happen from what I could tell.

I don’t think they had much of an idea but I was told it could be around mid-late October. So fingers crossed all lines up ok for you 👍🏽

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
Yep I quickly ruled that out too, it is unfortunately a legit issue. Seems very odd and maybe some kind of oversight between Hyundai and the DVLA, dealers seemed to have no clue it was going to happen from what I could tell.

I don’t think they had much of an idea but I was told it could be around mid-late October. So fingers crossed all lines up ok for you 👍🏽
Just found out some more info.
Dealers got a notification from Hyundai at the start of the week that there are 3 i30Ns which are on hold at PDI because of a clerical issue by Hyundai relating to emissions. However, all i30Ns currently at PDI are also showing the same message so it looks to be affecting them all

Reactions: i30csn

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
I ordered end of July from Peterborough Hyundai - anyone else using them? Apparently don’t even have a build date yet, so no delivery date in sight. I haven’t heard anything about DVLA delays but it will probably be sorted by the time they get around to building mine.

Getting a bit impatient now 😂
I ordered mine from them and they've been good. I was given a delivery date last week of 14th October, although this emissions issue has likely messed up that date.

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Just found out some more info.
Dealers got a notification from Hyundai at the start of the week that there are 3 i30Ns which are on hold at PDI because of a clerical issue by Hyundai relating to emissions. However, all i30Ns currently at PDI are also showing the same message so it looks to be affecting them all
Thanks for sharing, good to have more info. Sounds like (hopefully) a mistake that should be resolved pretty quickly. It's not like they forgot the fuel particulate filters or something :D

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
Thanks for sharing, good to have more info. Sounds like (hopefully) a mistake that should be resolved pretty quickly. It's not like they forgot the fuel particulate filters or something :D
Hopefully but this is the DVLA...
I've reached out Hyundai UK and asked for clarification and answers, will post if they give me anything useful.

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Hopefully but this is the DVLA...
I've reached out Hyundai UK and asked for clarification and answers, will post if they give me anything useful.
Very true, but with Hyundai pushing (which hopefully they confirm to you they are), I'd hope we won't be waiting for months!

Howy

Nthusiast
Dec 28, 2017
West Yorkshire
Seems to be an odd state of affairs unless there is something about the 2022 models that's different. I got my DCT registered in June no problems.

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Seems to be an odd state of affairs unless there is something about the 2022 models that's different. I got my DCT registered in June no problems.
To me, it literally sounds like Hyundai have filled some paperwork in wrong for a few i30Ns which has meant everyone in the country now has to wait for the DVLA to be happy for them to register more. Ridiculous, but what can you do.

Have also bobbed Hyundai an email for the sake of trying!

Howy

Nthusiast
Dec 28, 2017
West Yorkshire
To me, it literally sounds like Hyundai have filled some paperwork in wrong for a few i30Ns which has meant everyone in the country now has to wait for the DVLA to be happy for them to register more. Ridiculous, but what can you do.

Have also bobbed Hyundai an email for the sake of trying!
Ahh well guess the wait will just make you appreciate the car even more when you get it :D

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
By the sounds of it, it's literally someone entered something wrong on some paper work or there was an issue that's only just been noticed. Hyundai messed up either way

Petr36

Aug 10, 2021
Czech republic
Hello,
I read here about some DVLA regulations due to emissions. Does this also apply to other European countries? Or only for the UK.
I ordered a car in August. Delivery should be in March 2022, but as I read here, March is becoming unrealistic.

i30csn

Sep 13, 2021
Manchester
Hello,
I read here about some DVLA regulations due to emissions. Does this also apply to other European countries? Or only for the UK.
I ordered a car in August. Delivery should be in March 2022, but as I read here, March is becoming unrealistic.
As far as I know this will be a UK only issue. The DVLA only operate in the UK.

Largoat

Nthusiast
Jul 10, 2021
England
Hello,
I believe the error was with Hyundai UK so you shouldn't be affected. Like @i30csn said, DVLA are the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency in the UK. You'll have your own equivalent of them I assume.
Either way, I don't think it's a concern for anyone outside of the UK.

AntBoii

Nthusiast
Jul 2, 2021
North Yorkshire

In the same boat as you! Given a delivery date of next week with no update in the last 6 days apart from: "yes i30N's are held at customs in the UK , issue with Co2 Emissions however this sometimes happens and should be resolved before long"

*Edit* Had an email today that they have not received an update. They are going to chase and be in touch tomorrow.

Last edited:

vJaCkHz

Nthusiast
Aug 11, 2020
Liverpool, UK
Finally had an update from my dealership today via email. They confirmed that the issue with the Hyway system has now been fixed, and I have been given a delivery date of the 20th of October, but this could move forwards or backwards.

Unfortunately they also confirmed that due to an issue with the DVLA, they are unable to register the car untill the end of October, when the anticipate the anomaly will be resolved.

Annoyed by the DVLA issue, but the end is now in sight!

Reactions: AntBoii