• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

Madanger

Nthusiast
Oct 4, 2020
Gummersbach
i30N vs Veloster
Several reviews of the American Veloster N DCT report a 0-60mph time as little as 5.1sec (or better).
Hyundai is saying the i30N DCT is good for 5.9sec 0-100km/h.

They have the same engine right?
The weight of the Veloster is 3186lb (1445Kg) vs 1455kg i30n DCT

So why the big difference? (0-60mph to 0-100km/h conversion should = 5.3s)

Or do you think the i30N DCT will get lower 0-100 in the real world?
I saw a bunch of different numbers for the I30N.

Meanwhile the official Kona N release:

"KONA N has a maximum speed of 240 km/h and can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.5 seconds, when Launch Control is activated."

Don't see why it would be quicker than the i30N.

Reactions: glennbot

justfnr

Nthusiast
May 6, 2020
Frankfurt am Main
i30N vs Veloster
Several reviews of the American Veloster N DCT report a 0-60mph time as little as 5.1sec (or better).

Well JP Performance measured 5.6 seconds for the i30n DCT on not ideal conditions (as he says). So a bit faster then 5.6 should also be possible. (Source:
)

Hayden120

Nthusiast
Jul 8, 2018
Melbourne
i30N vs Veloster

5.4 seconds for the DCT according to Hyundai UK.

FB_IMG_1620026490324.jpg

Franksie9

Apr 1, 2021
United Kingdom
UK people.. I registered my interest last week on Hyundai’s website to test drive a new facelifted i30N.

I have just got a call from Johnson’s Hyundai saying that a demo car is doing the rounds and that my local dealership (Sutton Coldfield) has it this week. I have booked in to test drive on Saturday 🤞

BillSan

Nthusiast
Apr 1, 2021
Birmingham UK
UK people.. I registered my interest last week on Hyundai’s website to test drive a new facelifted i30N.

I have just got a call from Johnson’s Hyundai saying that a demo car is doing the rounds and that my local dealership (Sutton Coldfield) has it this week. I have booked in to test drive on Saturday 🤞
Do you know if it is a DCT or manual gearbox?

I'm not too far away from Sutton but I'm only interested in the DCT hatchback.

Thanks

Franksie9

Apr 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Do you know if it is a DCT or manual gearbox?

I'm not too far away from Sutton but I'm only interested in the DCT hatchback.

Thanks
I’m not sure, mate. Tbh, even though I’m only after the DCT myself, I don’t care because I havent even driven the pre FL so anything will do.

I asked them to confirm it was the facelift version about 3 times because I didn’t believe them (the phone calls I’ve had before have been useless).

I should be getting a confirmation email through soon so I will let you know if it is specified.

BillSan

Nthusiast
Apr 1, 2021
Birmingham UK
I’m not sure, mate. Tbh, even though I’m only after the DCT myself, I don’t care because I havent even driven the pre FL so anything will do.

I asked them to confirm it was the facelift version about 3 times because I didn’t believe them (the phone calls I’ve had before have been useless).

I should be getting a confirmation email through soon so I will let you know if it is specified.
No problem Franksie. If I find a DCT in the West Midlands I'll report that here on the forum. But I look forward to hearing your report soon. 👍

Howy

Nthusiast
Dec 28, 2017
West Yorkshire

That's good Leeds say they will have one available for test drive from the beginning of next month.