• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
A decent choice - I recommended these to a mate who put them on his Focus RS over this winter (relatively mild in the UK) and they worked v. well.

If you're UK based, I wouldn't go any more £££ unless you've got the funds to do so.

19" for winter would not be comfy. After changing the stock 19" wheels to 18" ones i felt much better driving around on the damaged winter roads.

Reactions: asd
19" for winter would not be comfy. After changing the stock 19" wheels to 18" ones i felt much better driving around on the damaged winter roads.
@Feri130 which wheels did you get? My dealer told me that 18" wheels wouldn't fit over brakes?

It's Oz hyper gt hlt 18x8 et45. Tyres are 235/40. Perfect fit. I also upload a pic of the car how it looks like ( i uploaded this pic to the other topic as well) If you'd like i can send you some more pics in the morning. But the car is even dirtier than in the picture XD

Attachments

• IMG_20180128_162704.jpg
    IMG_20180128_162704.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 434
Reactions: Ahtnukiav and Garth
My dealer told me that 18" wheels wouldn't fit over brakes?

That was claimed in various reviews (that the 275PS car has 19s 'cause of the bigger brakes) but the handbook actually says that they recommend 18" wheels for winter tyres.

@Feri130: they look good. I'm actually not 100% sure I like the stock 19s, those 18s look like they actually suit the car slightly better!

It's Oz hyper gt hlt 18x8 et45. Tyres are 235/40. Perfect fit. I also upload a pic of the car how it looks like ( i uploaded this pic to the other topic as well) If you'd like i can send you some more pics in the morning. But the car is even dirtier than in the picture XD
I really like those wheels might have to treat myself for next winter

... 18x8 et45. Tyres are 235/40. Perfect fit.
So it looks like 18x8 et45-55 rims with 235 40 tyres is the way to go for the winter. I saw some nice rims with et42, do you think that this would stick out a little too far (I seem from your photo that your tires look quite close with et45)?

So it looks like 18x8 et45-55 rims with 235 40 tyres is the way to go for the winter. I saw some nice rims with et42, do you think that this would stick out a little too far (I seem from your photo that your tires look quite close with et45)?

That’s 13mm of extra poke, I’d definitely be careful.

Not sure how much different - if any - the overall radius will be between the 2 but there are wheel size calculators out there that will tell you!

I've been using this calculator which is pretty good https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...40-18X8ET42&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=30mm&sr=0mm

2mm (0.3%) difference on the radius, which is closer than the difference from the wheels on the non performance N wheels. Pretty much negligible.

Maybe I'll make some proper measurements of the arches this evening.

That’s the very site I was thinking about! Haha!

Yeah that difference isn’t worth worrying about. I’d be more worried about the tyre catching the arch if you go ET-42.

That must really suck having that car in your garage and not being able to use it yet? :(

That must really suck having that car in your garage and not being able to use it yet? :(

it's ok, gives me time to research some wheels and tyres. Visited my local Hyundai dealer today who will get the car switched over from the SK to AT national databases. Takes about a week apparently, then another few days to get plates after that.

it's ok, gives me time to research some wheels and tyres. Visited my local Hyundai dealer today who will get the car switched over from the SK to AT national databases. Takes about a week apparently, then another few days to get plates after that.

You are still in a better position than myself! Haha!

OK, I took some measurements, the arches are very thin, almost no lip. I would think that 10mm would be the max without having to worry, which has already been confirmed by @Feri130. It could work with a few mm more, but it would be very close.

Reactions: paul-h
@Garth If you'd like i can take some more detailed pics with my et45 rims later. So you can see if the extra 0,3cm is ok or not.

Thanks for the offer. I took some measurements yesterday. I think that 45 offset will be most. Probably look for something closer to 50.

Ok! ET45 is fine, believe me. Oz is offering more 8j wide rims with et45 offset. But yes, more than this could be questionable.. Et45 max for the 8j wide rims.

Just ordered a set of Enkei SC22 8x18 ET45 for the winter. Hoping that they're going to fit. Having them delivered to my local tyre fitter just to be sure that all the tolerances are ok before putting the tires on.

Almost all German websites won't let you manually select wheel and tyre sizes (love the TÜV) but they don't yet have the i30N in their databases and the standard i30 wheel/tyre combo's always force you to get tyres that are too small for the N. So I found that the current i40 has the correct sizing for the i30N (235/40 R18).