• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

wearelikewise shift knobs for i30N?

Imo it is taken far to long to release the N-accessories .
Load's of car were sold, the only N-Options that we see is on the car shows and that's it.
Hyundai is missing this point for selling accessories to N owners.
I thought i had a rather "exclusive" car but no, Hyundai thought it would be funny to give the
other I30's the same bumpers and call it N-line.

Update: wanted to put on the locktite today but while trying to unscrew the adapter i managed to strip the M2xWhatever screws with the included allen-key so looks like I won't be loosening/tightening those anymore... :rolleyes:

Without the ridicolous extension however the shift knob still is quite tight. Ordered a replacement adapter (I know, bit wasteful but no use until I can get the screws out and replace them) and will see if the Veloster adapter fits the standard i30/ElantraGT manual-shifter threading and if that also fits the N.

If yes, I'll replace this part so I can properly mount the Veloster adapter and also replace the sawed-off part of the OEM shifter :D:p

@NULLOBANDITO use a star bit that fits tightly in the allen screw. You may have to tap it in but you'll be able to extract them. If the allen screws were soft enough it strip, they will be soft enough to allow a star bit to bite into the socket.

Then go to a hardware and purchase some that are stronger using the originals as your size and pattern.
61OMp58MeeL._SL1131_.jpg

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Ok so i was interested in what @NULLOBANDITO did but im anal about keeping my factory stuff untouched so i think i found the part number for the lockout ring. Its about 10usd. To me at least, its worth messing with the spare and keeping the original away and intact. Im extremely considering the same extended setup with a different knob.
Part No.: 43713-C1200

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191228-025752_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-025752_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20191228-025743_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-025743_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20191228-025355_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-025355_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 81
Thats not a bad idea. In that case i might technically be able to install the threaded rod from the veloster turbo r spec on my VN

Post the link would be considerably easier. :) That I know of, parts fo the C aren't available except for the market where the car was slated to be released and specifically thru those dealers.