• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
I will be following this with interest. I have just ordered the same, but am not likely to tackle the install for a while.
Hopefully I'll be able to get to it next weekend, with no interruptions from the dead rising and the ensuing zombie apocalypse...

Reactions: mcb6110
If it works ok with the original speakers installed then the head unit is ok. Put the helixes back in and see if the fault re-occurs.
I did several tests with the Helix and they do not work in the car, they only work outside, on a radio that I have in a room. My question was if it could have been due to the crossovers of the woofers The originals do not have a crossover and the new woofers if they did Maybe that caused an overload?

I did several tests with the Helix and they do not work in the car, they only work outside, on a radio that I have in a room. My question was if it could have been due to the crossovers of the woofers The originals do not have a crossover and the new woofers if they did Maybe that caused an overload?
Is that on all four or only the rears?

directly to the speaker if it sounds

and if I connect the speaker with its crossover on an external radio it also sounds

just stop ringing in the car

directly to the speaker if it sounds

and if I connect the speaker with its crossover on an external radio it also sounds

just stop ringing in the car
I suggest you speak to the shop you bought them from. So it works in the car when you bypass the crossover but if it's connected to the crossover there's no sound. If it works on other speakers with their crossover why not try the working crossover on the other speakers.

I have tested the Helix speakers on a radio outside the coceh and they work perfectly

The only place they don't work is in the car and only the front passenger side woofers (which make a clipping sound) and the rear side rear woofers not sounding

It gives me the feeling that the radio was somehow protected by the filters

But I don't know of anyone who has changed the tunics on an I30 Performance Facelift
And tell me about your experiences

I take the tweeters from the factory

And I'm afraid to change them in case I have a problem with the radio

Jajodu

I see that you have already changed the factory tweeters

Do you know what impedance factory speakers work at?

I have tested the Helix speakers on a radio outside the coceh and they work perfectly

The only place they don't work is in the car and only the front passenger side woofers (which make a clipping sound) and the rear side rear woofers not sounding

It gives me the feeling that the radio was somehow protected by the filters

But I don't know of anyone who has changed the tunics on an I30 Performance Facelift
And tell me about your experiences

I take the tweeters from the factory

And I'm afraid to change them in case I have a problem with the radio
If you swap the speakers around does the fault follow the speaker or radio channel?

Not exactly but I'd presume the usual 4 Ohm.
Algunos tweerters son a 6 ohm

Pioneer TS A 300TW (mismo que el del kit de hyundai alemania ) es a 6 ohm

Tweeter del Kit Focal PS 165 V1 tambien es a 6 ohm

Por eso preguntaba, por si los tweeters de fabrica de Hyundai son a 6 ohm o a 4 ohm

If you swap the speakers around does the fault follow the speaker or radio channel?
Follow the radio channel whenever I connect the Helix If I connect the factory speakers or Focal speakers without a filter, the fault clears