• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Can anybody tell me how the Pioneer DM-D1004 amp is supposed to connect the head unit of the FL i30N DCT...

I believe I need a T-Harness (https://stingeraustralia.com.au/product/cpthy01/), what I'm trying to avoid is cutting the factory harness. I did read somewhere that it was possible to install the amp in-line, powering it from the factory harness with no cutting...

Any help would be greatly apprecited.
Same one, cheaper. https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/124049116384

However there is not much room behind the radio, that is why I cut & solder in to the OEM harnass.

Thanks guys for the input, however, are there any other cables required so I don't have to cut into the wiring harness. Are there any images of the actual wiring harness connected up with the amp for reference?

No more cables required. I've done this amp install and it works with that cable. If you look through the forum you'll see lots of others have got the T shirt.

I have fitted the pioneer DM-D1004 amp to my facelift with no issues and made sure it is in 4 channel mode, but I got the speakers replaced and the rears are still very soft in volume, anyone know what is causing this?

I have fitted the pioneer DM-D1004 amp to my facelift with no issues and made sure it is in 4 channel mode, but I got the speakers replaced and the rears are still very soft in volume, anyone know what is causing this?

Basically the OEM software/headunit causes it.

I think you have to spend more money on DSP's etc to sort that. I just adjusted the fader to be a couple of clicks back on mine which helped a bit.

Reactions: Jajodu
The new speakers I've just fitted in post #435 made a vast difference to rear sound levels combined with the May software update which had a marked effect.

Reactions: Bu11eT
The new speakers I've just fitted in post #435 made a vast difference to rear sound levels combined with the May software update which had a marked effect.
Have you updated your amp, if so what are you running with these speakers.

pioneer amp upgrade done, honestly its essential if you want to get the most out of the sub-par oem system.

Reactions: Jajodu
I checked the head unit and my update is May 2021, I did download the latest from Hyundai Australia but it was same version. I am afraid to try the download for Europe as I don’t know if it is any different.

I checked the head unit and my update is May 2021, I did download the latest from Hyundai Australia but it was same version. I am afraid to try the download for Europe as I don’t know if it is any different.
There's a new one due out soon but you've got the same revision as mine so should be good to go.

Hello Good day
I write from Spain
I use Google Translate to communicate with you
I tell you my problem in case someone knows something
I have an I30 Facelift from June 2021
A week ago I swapped the front door woofers for Helix woofers with their 12 db / oct filter
And the rear door woofers by Helix with a filter of 6 db / oct for woofer and 12 db / oct for tweeter
After about 4 days, the woofer on my passenger's door made a strange sound, the one on the rear door on the same side did not sound, I disassembled the door and tried the factory ones and they sounded perfect, I tried the Helix and they sounded perfect with a radio outside the car.

Is it possible that the woofer filters caused a problem for the radio and it protected itself by giving me those problems?

Today I have installed some Focal speakers, coaxial at the rear only with condenser for tweeter and Focal woofers at the front without croosover.
So far it sounds good, but now I'm scared
I have not installed the front Focal tweeters yet, the problem came before, I did not have time to install them, I still have the factory tweeters

Someone had the same problem as me?

My car its I30 Facelift from June 2021

Thank you very much for your help

Do you have the URL you're accessing to locate the updates?

Just order the Pioneer Amp and T-Harness will hold off with sound dampening in the door cavities until I decide on suitable speakers updates. I will try and take pictures of the entire process for others.

Reactions: mcb6110
Just order the Pioneer Amp and T-Harness will hold off with sound dampening in the door cavities until I decide on suitable speakers updates. I will try and take pictures of the entire process for others.
I will be following this with interest. I have just ordered the same, but am not likely to tackle the install for a while.

Do you have the URL you're accessing to locate the updates?
You're in luck, hyundai do a navigation updater program that covers everywhere in the world except Europe, god kmows why we are excluded!
Download that and follow the instructions.