• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning JB4 Technical Info, Discussion, Issues

rafaryfc

Jan 12, 2021
Puerto Rico
Hello everyone, I'm been reading like for 2 days every post related and I have a few doubts my self and I'm sorry if this is not the correct post to ask and this is a old one but here I go:

The JB4 is plug and play, but if I remove it and go to the dealer for any chance they can find it searching in the ECU? I guess is a yes. But like to know a bit more.

I'm fully stock at the moment just a HKS BOV and removed the lid from the stock air box filter and recently got the HKS spark plugs because I'm thinking to much on moving on the JB4 and I read in a threat about 300 WHP with stock engine, is that really possible?

Again sorry if this is the wrong place to ask I don't know much about forums, but I been reading like crazy this past 2 days or maybe more and is a lot of information to process of thing that I'm starting to learn.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Yes, they can thru increased boost pressure beyond OEM specifications , if they are looking for it specifically. However, the likelihood of them doing so is about nil. If it's not on the engine they can't claim it was.

You will have to remove the BOV for warranty servicing work, that's a no no.

No you're not going to get anywhere near 300 whp with just a tuner, filter and air box lid removed. The JB4 won't add another 60 whp.

If you don't run the JB4, don't install the HKS plugs. They are to cool of a heat range.

Reactions: rafaryfc

TMC_Gaming

Nthusiast
Sep 5, 2020
SoFlo
Yes, they can thru increased boost pressure beyond OEM specifications , if they are looking for it specifically. However, the likelihood of them doing so is about nil. If it's not on the engine they can't claim it was.

No you're not going to get anywhere near 300 whp with just a tuner, filter and air box lid removed. The JB4 won't add another 60 whp.

If you don't run the JB4, don't install the HKS plugs. They are to cool of a heat range.
Jb4 added only 30whp and 30wtq for me on a custom map

Reactions: R Veloster N

rafaryfc

Jan 12, 2021
Puerto Rico

Ok, the only and first oil change that I made in the dealer until now I removed the BOV, in another post I said it, in here they will void the warranty like for just anything.

About the 30 whp and 30 tq gain is good if its more then better for me.

Thanks for the answer guys, I'm learning many things reading here and other places and videos and comparing every bit of info that I get.

StealthN

Apr 13, 2021
Vancouver
I’m looking to run a custom map, I’ve heard of people closing in on 300hp and boosting high until 6000k

I have a jb4 with the plugs and fuel wire, as well as a turbo inlet and an aem intake.

does anyone have a map 6 that they could share with me?

p.s I suck at this whole tuning stuff, but amwilling to learn