• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30N 2024 (Last Facelift)

The Kona is the biggest seller in New Zealand you see loads of them. The i30N hatch is pretty rare. The Elantra or sedan is not nice I wouldn't have bought one.
Had a PFL hatch for three and half years - loved it. Could not stomach the look of the Sedan when it first came out but in the flesh it is very striking and I now really appreciate its unique style. I now have one (a manual) and can admit that I like it even more than my hatch - never thought that would happen!

Had a PFL hatch for three and half years - loved it. Could not stomach the look of the Sedan when it first came out but in the flesh it is very striking and I now really appreciate its unique style. I now have one (a manual) and can admit that I like it even more than my hatch - never thought that would happen!

Could you explain a bit more why you prefer the Sedan over the Hatch? Are both N (275hp)?

Seems like the Sedan is a slightly more "mature" option perhaps.

Could you explain a bit more why you prefer the Sedan over the Hatch? Are both N (275hp)?

All i30N (hatch, fastback, sedan) variants are the same performance-wise. Only looks differ.

The version we get in Australia is 206kW or 276hp.

It has an Elantra chassis, not an i30 chassis despite the name in Australia (i30 Sedan N). That means it has a slightly wider and longer platform that translates into a more relaxed and comfortable car, It is also lighter than the hatch so faster on the track for those that value that.
Reviewers have also suggested it is a more mature option as you say, I agree with this. The seats we get here are not the bucket seats but the electric adjustable seats that are really comfortable.

I just got the internal information that the facelift has been cancelled for the EU market.
If this is true, wouldn't they just cancel it in general? I'm curious what the business case is for producing it for the few remaining markets.

That said, Australia buys about a third of all the i30 N hatches built at Nošovice (we love the car down here!), so I guess that's still enough of a reason to give it a modest facelift for a few more years of sales.

Last edited:
At this point no one really knows anything. It could just be another limited edition. It's likely to just be a facelift in line with the sedan spec. Red accents, digital dash, engine mount etc. We should find out in October.

Reactions: i30än and wanjce
At this point no one really knows anything. It could just be another limited edition. It's likely to just be a facelift in line with the sedan spec. Red accents, digital dash, engine mount etc. We should find out in October.
I wouldn't hold your breath for October. It's looking like 2024, based on the communications coming out of Australia for the regular FL #2 model.

I would love to know more as with everyone here. I am in Australia and made an order for a hatch N in Feb maybe a week prior to orders closing due to not being able to fulfill demand. I would have to be one of the last orders before they stopped taking them. I was stoked I got in just in time and also pretty happy I would be receiving one of the last ever ICE N hatches to be produced. Tbh, I kinda only ordered one as I felt pressure given the model was ending its production run.

I’ve not heard a thing but I kinda don’t want the last of an old-ish model if a new one is just around the corner. Surely they have to start communicating soon? Orders here in Aus have opened back up but I’m not sure which car you get if you place an order now. I imagine they are worried that if they say something too soon people in my boat may cancel their orders. I wonder if they are trying to get through that back log of orders before announcing anything? I also hear whispers it has been cancelled altogether so there is that risk as well if I cancel my order. I’ve then waited a year for nothing.

I do love the hatch, but perhaps the safety net is the 2024 sedan which shouldn’t be hard to get if I cancel the hatch. I was happy to go the hatch over the current sedan but the 2024 sedan is quite a bit ‘newer’ than the FL hatch. I do have a 2020 Nline, so interior wise it’s exactly like the current hatch which is another reason I want a bit of an upgrade in that area given it’s a 2x priced car.

I wouldn't be cancelling your order if you really want one.

Changes may or may not suit you in the newer model if it actually arrives.

For me the changes are probably going to be for the worse. Unless it gets a big power bump, I'm happy with the spec of the current model.

I wouldn't be cancelling your order if you really want one.

Changes may or may not suit you in the newer model if it actually arrives.

For me the changes are probably going to be for the worse. Unless it gets a big power bump, I'm happy with the spec of the current model.
Yeah, well that’s another worry I guess.

I can’t see the changes being substantial enough to be too much worse. I think for me the hood would out weigh the bad.

- new dash I don’t like. I prefer analogue for a car like this
- I’d hate to lose the current light bucket seats
- new interior ++++
- increased safety tech and cruise radar etc ++++
- negligible cosmetic changes
- better sound system +++
- updated infotainment system with the track features thing ++++
- updated features in terms of suspension etc in line with what’s announced with the 2024 sedan ++++
- will most likely cost more

I would never cancel until I’ve given it to the very last minute and still heard nothing. I think by then if there still isn’t enough info on either the new sedan or hatch then the smart thing would be to keep it. Hopefully there is at least info on the sedan to compare it to.

Most recent info I could find here in Aus:

Last edited:
Reactions: smellyguff