• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

That sounds like dealer bullshit.
Sometimes the map/navigational updates don't work correctly from the contractor Hyundai utilize to write them. This happened several time with the MapnSoft company, who writes these updates in the US for Hyundai and Kia. MapnSoft generally picks up on the problems quite quickly and issues a new version but it does and has happened from time to time.

If a data error occurs, then I certainly wouldn't want them to force it and brick a head unit. Pretty good indication there's a possible update issue with the new navigational software they have available.

Had it happen twice in the Genesis G80.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: JAYtheVET
Any infos on patchnotes or what's new in respect to the old revision?
I'm still downloading it ATM. I want the latest maps as the early one released this year doesn't show the new A14 yet and I use that road regularly. I'm perfectly happy with the radio firmware ad it stands but you need to update that for the new maps to work unfortunately.

Reactions: Bu11eT
I'm still downloading it ATM. I want the latest maps as the early one released this year doesn't show the new A14 yet and I use that road regularly. I'm perfectly happy with the radio firmware ad it stands but you need to update that for the new maps to work unfortunately.
could you have a rough look whether you find anything new when the update is completed? Would be interested to see if it's just a maintenance update or if it actually introduced new features

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Why the new rules on editing your own post, strikes me as daft.

Have a small read :)

Update on my recent posts on the available software and maps. The link I gave earlier is valid for Mobis software, but it's a smaller installer package as it updates V112 to a later release, it's NOT to be used if you are running earlier versions of the software, you MUST update to V112 first.

The map is a LGE map but this is easily converted to a Mobis verions by deleting a few files and folders and copying the mobis ones on your existing SD card to the folder and then back to your SD card, this is how you do it.

Here's how to convert an LGE Map to Mobis.

The thing is the map is not the needed mobis, but a LGE. You need a PC for the next bit, extract the files you just downloaded to a folder on your PC, once done open that folder and delete the vr and TTS folders in there, also delete the HKMC_Navi_LCN.apk file. Now go to your download of the mobis map copied from your existing SD card, from there copy the VR folder to this location as well as the HKMC_Navi.apk file, these all go into the root of the SD card.you don't need to bother with the file ending in md5, that's just a checksum file. Copy all of this folder to your SD card and you should have a file list like consisting of
Data Folder, SWVersion folder, Text.info folder and a VR folder and finally a HKMC_Navi.apk file.

You now have a mobis map. The map data is exactly the same for both versions, just some extra folders and files are needed, you can delete the file ending in .md5.

The links you need are

Maps already converted to mobis are here.

More information about the reduced size of the software download, it's nothing to do with previous version, it's small because it only covers Hyundai Gen5, both Mobis and LGE versions. Not the Gen 1,2,3,4 as before.
However this site
Covers Korea, Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand, but not Europe!!!
No idea when it's going to be added either.

Just successfully updated mine using the small software package, took about 11 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_20201214_203511.jpg
    IMG_20201214_203511.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20201214_203524.jpg
    IMG_20201214_203524.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: loafer-N77