• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
Thanks for the reply

But I used the software version of the updated link of the 1st post and update was done succesful.
Also if I insert the OEM SD card with the old maps (2017) it is working. Kindly note that it includes the majority of EU countries but not Cyprus..

I guess the new updated maps 2020 of the link at 1st post includes Cyprus as well. Someone who installed them can confirm this please..?

Thanks
Post a screenshot of the software versions please.

chrismess

Jul 20, 2020
Cyprus
@hardline
Yes, after I completed the software-firmware upgrade, I formatted in FAT32 the SD card and copy the maps there.

Post a screenshot of the software versions please.
This is the photo just before the upgrade of software:
Screenshot prior to upgrade.jpg

Is there a way to check the software and firmware versions from the settings now ?

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
@hardline
Yes, after I completed the software-firmware upgrade, I formatted in FAT32 the SD card and copy the maps there.

This is the photo just before the upgrade of software:
View attachment 14416

Is there a way to check the software and firmware versions from the settings now ?
What car do you have, that doesn't look like an i30N screen. It may require the non mobis map.

DanTilly

Jul 14, 2020
Essex
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I thought having only got the car last Saturday and the car having a service the day before I picked it up, the software and maps may have been updated.....they were not lol

Thanks again 👌🏻

jeroenvde

Mar 27, 2018
Belgium
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I thought having only got the car last Saturday and the car having a service the day before I picked it up, the software and maps may have been updated.....they were not lol

Thanks again 👌🏻
You are welcome ;)

Btw, The dealer will only update on request, you have to ask them.

Reactions: DanTilly and Bu11eT

joydivision

Aug 2, 2020
belgium
hello guys,

I just updated the software of my i30 fastback, that went smooth.

I don't have a regular SD-card reader, so i'm using a micro-sd card adapter which i write onto.
Could it be that only the original OEM-sd card is accepted as a maps-SD Card?

joydivision

Aug 2, 2020
belgium
1596368995736.png

Did I skip something ? formatted as fat32, i checked, I do need GEN5 maps on my i30, suggestions?

-update : Think I found it, regular I30 needs LGE version of mobus cards

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
hello guys,

I just updated the software of my i30 fastback, that went smooth.

I don't have a regular SD-card reader, so i'm using a micro-sd card adapter which i write onto.
Could it be that only the original OEM-sd card is accepted as a maps-SD Card?
You can use any SD card of sufficient capacity. I have.

Spetsnaz GSh

Mar 18, 2019
United Kingdom
My local dealer installed v112 today for me whilst in. After all, we were promised free updates when purchasing the car, may as well make them work for it.

Still, they did it pretty effortlessly, and prefer the new look already.