• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

Thanks for the reply

But I used the software version of the updated link of the 1st post and update was done succesful.
Also if I insert the OEM SD card with the old maps (2017) it is working. Kindly note that it includes the majority of EU countries but not Cyprus..

I guess the new updated maps 2020 of the link at 1st post includes Cyprus as well. Someone who installed them can confirm this please..?

Thanks
Post a screenshot of the software versions please.

@hardline
Yes, after I completed the software-firmware upgrade, I formatted in FAT32 the SD card and copy the maps there.

Post a screenshot of the software versions please.

This is the photo just before the upgrade of software:
Screenshot prior to upgrade.jpg

Is there a way to check the software and firmware versions from the settings now ?

@hardline
Yes, after I completed the software-firmware upgrade, I formatted in FAT32 the SD card and copy the maps there.

This is the photo just before the upgrade of software:
View attachment 14416

Is there a way to check the software and firmware versions from the settings now ?
What car do you have, that doesn't look like an i30N screen. It may require the non mobis map.

Reactions: PerformaN
It is Hyundai Tucson
All the software and maps on here relate to the i30N, not the Tucson. The version you have looks like non mobis, the maps are the same but some folders and files are different, compare new versus old and look for the folder structure changes.

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I thought having only got the car last Saturday and the car having a service the day before I picked it up, the software and maps may have been updated.....they were not lol

Thanks again 👌🏻

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I thought having only got the car last Saturday and the car having a service the day before I picked it up, the software and maps may have been updated.....they were not lol

Thanks again 👌🏻
You are welcome ;)

Btw, The dealer will only update on request, you have to ask them.

Reactions: DanTilly and Bu11eT
hello guys,

I just updated the software of my i30 fastback, that went smooth.

I don't have a regular SD-card reader, so i'm using a micro-sd card adapter which i write onto.
Could it be that only the original OEM-sd card is accepted as a maps-SD Card?

1596368995736.png

Did I skip something ? formatted as fat32, i checked, I do need GEN5 maps on my i30, suggestions?

-update : Think I found it, regular I30 needs LGE version of mobus cards

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
hello guys,

I just updated the software of my i30 fastback, that went smooth.

I don't have a regular SD-card reader, so i'm using a micro-sd card adapter which i write onto.
Could it be that only the original OEM-sd card is accepted as a maps-SD Card?
You can use any SD card of sufficient capacity. I have.

My local dealer installed v112 today for me whilst in. After all, we were promised free updates when purchasing the car, may as well make them work for it.

Still, they did it pretty effortlessly, and prefer the new look already.