• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

Is there a torrent file/link for the firmware update? I found the one for the map files on the German car forum but not the "EU-All" firmware update file. Mega.nz is not letting me download the entire file on a free account and it's not really a service that I would like to give money to...
I paid for a week's access, it's cheap and works fine.

Is there a torrent file/link for the firmware update? I found the one for the map files on the German car forum but not the "EU-All" firmware update file. Mega.nz is not letting me download the entire file on a free account and it's not really a service that I would like to give money to...
for me it worked better when using the mega sync app than browser download.
otherwise there exists the tool jdownloader which might also help in resuming the download.

Found a torrent of the software and installed it this morning, works fine. My objection to Mega was more based on the service and its history and non-transparent ownership. And yes, I know that sounds silly in the same post when we're talking about torrents, but at least I'm not financially supporting anyone by using the torrent :).

Found a torrent of the software and installed it this morning, works fine. My objection to Mega was more based on the service and its history and non-transparent ownership. And yes, I know that sounds silly in the same post when we're talking about torrents, but at least I'm not financially supporting anyone by using the torrent :).
I can understand your reasoning but the way I look at it is this. I couldn't give a toss about the morals of MegaZ, I just wanted an easy download, I paid, they deliver, job done

I can understand your reasoning but the way I look at it is this. I couldn't give a toss about the morals of MegaZ, I just wanted an easy download, I paid, they deliver, job done
Yeah, fair enough, I'm not saying anyone should think the way I do :). Enough people trying to force their way onto others in this world :p.

Feel bad for you UK folks. Most mechanical issues, the alarm thingy, atrocious dealer networks...

Yep. I suppose the one good thing I could say about them is the prices that N's have been going for lately through some dealers in the UK seem to be some of the best in Europe. I cant fault Tonbridge Wells hyundai at all for the deal and service they gave me when I purchased mine.

Can you PM me about that TOR file ? having trouble finding one ;)

Put my car into the dealership today and they have just phoned to say they do not have the 2020 update yet themselves.

What is the point in hyundai :)

Looks like I'll be doing this one myself then.

I was with my on Friday and I thought they forgot or was to busy. So I done it my self today following this video from YouTube (German channel) with links from GoogleDrive

Reactions: r_anderson96
EDIT 04/07/2020:

Here are the magnet links (use with your torrent client) for the latest firmware & maps:
Or google drive with both files:

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C846457B544AD89F9EF379D6634D5EE67693327D&dn=Software.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D2952374A378A3E01442DB5F527AEF6C721EC82D&dn=Gen5x_Hyundai_Mobis_Map_2020-1_REAL_VERSION.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cp-BZ9x47aT29UajoW94lVhIsw_uQi2F?fbclid=IwAR3GQ1fk4dxURNk7pN3jhRXSyzDgStkcrV6UXmvNin_PVui7GZnjs6o5K1I

Greets,
Jeroen

Hello guys

My car is Hyundai Hyundai Tucson 2017.

I downloaded the above files (04/07/2020) and did the software update successful.

Then I formatted the SD card and copy the maps files.

But when I insert the SD card the Headunit gives the error message that data are not compatible with this system and therefore navigation is not working.

Find the photos (sd cards files and error message from Navigation unit):

Files.jpg

Not compatible.jpg
I would appreciate your help..

Thanks

Last edited:
It could be that your software is not compatible with EU maps, I'm not quite sure to be honest.

Thanks for the reply

But I used the software version of the updated link of the 1st post and update was done succesful.
Also if I insert the OEM SD card with the old maps (2017) it is working. Kindly note that it includes the majority of EU countries but not Cyprus..

I guess the new updated maps 2020 of the link at 1st post includes Cyprus as well. Someone who installed them can confirm this please..?

Thanks