• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

You cannot really tell a differnce it’s there full stop to be honest, sound or feel
You got a fair bit of torque with just the filter on, not bad.
 
You got a fair bit of torque with just the filter on, not bad.
Dan is telling the truth... There is no gain to be had performance wise... Between the standard air filter and the Piper Cross air filter... The extra performance is coming from his DTUK box.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Dan is telling the truth... There is no gain to be had performance wise... Between the standard air filter and the Piper Cross air filter... The extra performance is coming from his DTUK box.
My apologies I didn't realise I was saying Dan was lying. I was just noticing that he said his dyno ran
"Stock + pipercross filter 278.8 bhp and 288.4 lbft"
I simply read that as the filter added a few extra bhp and around 20lbft over standard that Hyundai quote. Clearly my mistake.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
No need to apologise... It seems we are at crossed paths here... I was pointing out... that he was saying... that he didn't think there were any gains power wise... after fitting the Piper Cross air filter..
I thought this would be the case when the topic arose... 1-2bhp at very best IMO.. And certainly not enough to notice during every day driving.
His Dyno run figures are with "box" switched out (stock power/torque figures) .. against "box" switched in.
Piper Cross air filter does not give magical power increases as there blurb suggests... It might save you some money over a period of time as it's washable... as opposed to renewing the stock air filter... over a couple of years of ownership.
Dan I feel is the only one so far to say that he notices no difference in the cars performance after fitting... is my point.
 
No need to apologise... It seems we are at crossed paths here... I was pointing out... that he was saying... that he didn't think there were any gains power wise... after fitting the Piper Cross air filter..
I thought this would be the case when the topic arose... 1-2bhp at very best IMO.. And certainly not enough to notice during every day driving.
His Dyno run figures are with "box" switched out (stock power/torque figures) .. against "box" switched in.
Piper Cross air filter does not give magical power increases as there blurb suggests... It might save you some money over a period of time as it's washable... as opposed to renewing the stock air filter... over a couple of years of ownership.
Dan I feel is the only one so far to say that he notices no difference in the cars performance after fitting... is my point.
Haha yea I think that's where I was getting confused because so many people have said "yea I've noticed gains!!" And Dan has just gone "na....there ain't". Cheers for clearing that up.
 
Are concluding then the the stock figure on your car is fine the DT box is fine and that the 1st dyno run was done by clowns?
 
I completely missed these replies!! Yea that’s simply the case, I didn’t do a run with stock filter then pipercross, both these runs were done with the pipercross filter. The stock run does indicate more than Hyundai’s released figures...possibly the filter, possibly my car just has slightly more power, But yes I havnt personally found any gain in feel performance wise with just adding the filter.

As for the dyno run I did a few months ago that showed very low figures..... Could be many things, the run I just done at regal was done with my new ecu, which definitely is different in power delivery (more) and overall power I feel, especially with the dtuk box added. At my previous dyno place, They warmed the car up a lot and had the Bonnet shut during the runs, possibly a lot of heat soak?....maybe they were clowns. I’m just very very happy now that my car and box is working as it should and everything I feel is correlating onto paper.

I know that it’s even converted a previously stern box pessimist into actually buying one ;)
 
Actually you even have me thinking about the DT box now and we all know what I think haha, I'm more interested in the kind 50mph over take on an a road that torque should be very helpful and safer
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
It works perfectly well and gives a worthwhile increase in performance without over stressing the engine... Can't understand why anybody would slag these off.
It works as seamlessly as any re-map i have had in the past... Can be switched off and removed easily if necessary.
 
Think I need to tap Andrew up for some commission :cool:
Could try but I don’t think they need the push of a group buy, they sell plenty daily, but by all means give it a go!
 
I completely missed these replies!! Yea that’s simply the case, I didn’t do a run with stock filter then pipercross, both these runs were done with the pipercross filter. The stock run does indicate more than Hyundai’s released figures...possibly the filter, possibly my car just has slightly more power, But yes I havnt personally found any gain in feel performance wise with just adding the filter.

As for the dyno run I did a few months ago that showed very low figures..... Could be many things, the run I just done at regal was done with my new ecu, which definitely is different in power delivery (more) and overall power I feel, especially with the dtuk box added. At my previous dyno place, They warmed the car up a lot and had the Bonnet shut during the runs, possibly a lot of heat soak?....maybe they were clowns. I’m just very very happy now that my car and box is working as it should and everything I feel is correlating onto paper.

I know that it’s even converted a previously stern box pessimist into actually buying one ;)

That would be me then... :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::eek::p
 
Visited regal again thismorning after the springs settled to have a fast road geometry set up
D72C9DBD-E034-488B-AF73-394B8DA86590.jpeg
Yet to push the car but nice to know it’s been set up by a company that race cars themselfs and have a great history in motorsport and road cars
 
First ever 0-60 attempt, was at a set of traffic lights earlier with no one around so thought I’d give it a quck go. N custom everything N bar normal suspension, no launch control, managed it in just 2nd but hit the limiter, potential for quicker but pleased for a rushed first go
7ABA398E-0E3B-43FB-A2DD-68CFC4B57686.jpeg
 
Good job :) As I understand there is a possibility to adjust camber both in front and rear? Did they also told you, is it possible to adjust oem suspension even so much that camber will be suitable for track too?
 
Good job :) As I understand there is a possibility to adjust camber both in front and rear? Did they also told you, is it possible to adjust oem suspension even so much that camber will be suitable for track too?
Camber isn’t changeable on oem suspension on the front but it is on the rear, since having that set up and finding it way way to light on the front causing understeer @paul-h kindly supplied me with the oem geometry and I’ve gine back to that. The car feels much more alive now and pointy, but without oversteer :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: TarmoT
Been in contact with Andrew at dtuk and there is now a discount code for forum members on the FSR+ i30n tuning box with app control, the same as my box that helped me reach 300bhp and 462nm
The online price is £466.95 inc p+p to the uk

Discount price is £430 inc p+p to the uk

Postage to Europe +£30 so £460

The discount code is NCARS

This code only works on the I30N performance new type FSR+ Box with app control, it may also work on other boxes for other cars but only with the app control

Here’s a link to the box on their site, the discount code is now live but limited!
https://www.diesel-performance.co.u...performance-2-0-t-gdi-275ps202kw-1998-ccm/#go

I highly recommend this box, proven no remap is out there is better or will be better for some time, get on it while you can!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman