• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

The problem is the cost of material. £150 per square meter, plus labour plus spray....now I have 1, I can have a look at the process and see what I can do to make it an easier/cheaper process...I just don’t like doing things by half

This might be a swear word but can you make a fibreglass one? I’m cringing typing this as I know your line of work but a lot more cost effective than real carbon that I’d be (if anyone has seen my instagram) tearing off on a spirited run... :oops:
 
This might be a swear word but can you make a fibreglass one? I’m cringing typing this as I know your line of work but a lot more cost effective than real carbon that I’d be (if anyone has seen my instagram) tearing off on a spirited run... :oops:
Yeah for sure can make a fibre glass one but wouldn’t look very special at all, may aswell go for the cheaper abs plastic ones available as they would be much more durable
 
Yeah for sure can make a fibre glass one but wouldn’t look very special at all, may aswell go for the cheaper abs plastic ones available as they would be much more durable

Is that what you took the mould for the CF one from?
 
I used a doner and modified it, for me to ask the guys upstairs 2 design one, would have taken months as I have done this in my free time as they would have too, it probably would have cost thousands from the first initial touch of the mouse to the production of the first one too. This 1 will be around £400 to produce this way which is me making no profit if I decided to sell it, I done this one for myself and for fun to obviously, certainly not my sole objective to sell them but if somebody really wanted one then I wouldnt mind making another
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: paul-h
@ Dan_bush27 please please please stop with your upgrades. Im already £28k poorer just buying this car (that is seriously not a whinge, i couldnt imagine anything better spent) but your upgrades on your car are costing me a further small fortune....

In reality, carry on upgrading moneys money.. we cant take it with us when we're gone...

Are you considering a track day at any point as thruxton is virtually round the corner from us and would be good to see your beefed up N' versus my stock N' (for now)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riviat
@ Dan_bush27 please please please stop with your upgrades. Im already £28k poorer just buying this car (that is seriously not a whinge, i couldnt imagine anything better spent) but your upgrades on your car are costing me a further small fortune....

In reality, carry on upgrading moneys money.. we cant take it with us when we're gone...

Are you considering a track day at any point as thruxton is virtually round the corner from us and would be good to see your beefed up N' versus my stock N' (for now)
Haha I certainly am, in all honesty I thought I’d have done a few this summer but time just ran away! I have my track wheels and tyres sat in the garage unused, they will have winter tyres fitted before I even get out on a track at this rate. There is 1 at Silverstone tomorrow infact but it’s fully booked, thruxton is a great shout, are you local?
 
Haha I certainly am, in all honesty I thought I’d have done a few this summer but time just ran away! I have my track wheels and tyres sat in the garage unused, they will have winter tyres fitted before I even get out on a track at this rate. There is 1 at Silverstone tomorrow infact but it’s fully booked, thruxton is a great shout, are you local?
Yeah just down the road from chichester. You got yours from Pompey didnt you? Well come the new year we should try organise a track day to test the difference
 
Yeah just down the road from chichester. You got yours from Pompey didnt you? Well come the new year we should try organise a track day to test the difference
Oh nice one mate! We will definitely have to get a meet/track day sorted. Yes Richmond, did you?