• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

All good. I mean, the first thing I replaced on my Kia Pro Ceed GT was the paper panel filter with a K & N filter.

IMO, that PiperCross one will do a job for sure. It’s good to hear they have a full intake system in development. That’s exciting.:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stash-N
So....i just picked up my N from having its ECU changed.

Listing a couple of things people have had concerns with regarding the recall

Boost light - performed as before staying lit for the period it’s on overboost

Revs - no change in revs

Pops and bangs - slightly louder

Faster/more responsive - fairly convinced there is an improvement in pick up/power

Is it placebo? Possibly. Was I hoping the ecu would make a differnce? Definitely

So I got home and fitted my dtuk box......MY GOD it’s made a big and definite differnce, it was always a big improvement but my god now it shoved me back in my seat! It’s absolutely come alive!
I’m certain it’s brought more power using the box and the recall ECU

This is all my own personal opinion and by no means telling anybody they are wrong or arnt feeling things I am...before the small minority get all emotional about this post ;)

I’m sticking my car on rollers again on the 8th of August when my car is in for some work, I will have the pipercross air filter fitted this time around and I will run the car with the box off and on it’s highest setting to get a good idea of what’s going on
 
Dan, you’re as positive about this car as me. Love it mate.

I’m positively giddy here about the thought that there’s yet more performance lurking under the bonnet of this car.

I’ve still not put my box in from my visit to the garage yesterday and it’s just not the same.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stash-N
Dan, you’re as positive about this car as me. Love it mate.

I’m positively giddy here about the thought that there’s yet more performance lurking under the bonnet of this car.

I’ve still not put my box in from my visit to the garage yesterday and it’s just not the same.
It makes such a huge differnce doesnt it mate!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman
It sure does. The Pedal Box adds to it all as well. The throttle response is mental. It’s definetly a case though of ‘you don’t miss what you’ve never had’ so I’m not going to preach to folk.

HOWEVER, once you use it once you will NEVER be happy with the stock throttle response!!:eek:
 
Dan, my replacement ECU was only ordered yesterday......can I ask how long you waited for yours?

Oh, and do your windows now open and close with the fob?:D
 
I’m sticking my car on rollers again on the 8th of August when my car is in for some work, I will have the pipercross air filter fitted this time around and I will run the car with the box off and on it’s highest setting to get a good idea of what’s going on


make sure you got a tank of 99+ for that give the box the possible chance :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman
Agree 100% with Bigbruiseral.

It’s one of the first things the guys doing my Dyno asked (either Tesco Momentum or Shell V Power) and withouhh getting into a debate about the merits of Super Unlesded etc.....these tuners and remappers seem to swear by it.;)
 
I'm sorry but I don't get that as I'm a bit slow.. If you put your stock car on a dyno, with regular fuel, won't it make ~275PS?
 
I'm sorry but I don't get that as I'm a bit slow.. If you put your stock car on a dyno, with regular fuel, won't it make ~275PS?

I think when using Tuning boxes or remapping, 99ron seems to yield better results. Whether that’s numbers or just in how the car performs , I’m not sure.

Certainly, the guys at Ecotune (where I took my car to get Dyno’d) recommended either Tesco Momentum or V Power....
 
Someone should organise a rolling road day :) be awesome to see them all on the rollers
 
Have always run V power in this car, nearest momentum garage is really out the way although will definitely do a few tanks in a row eventually when I can get the chance
 
Dan, my replacement ECU was only ordered yesterday......can I ask how long you waited for yours?

Oh, and do your windows now open and close with the fob?:D
Well I had an appointment far may! Then got cancelled the day before due to back log of ecu orders, then had a call end of June to say they are back in stock and booked in for yesterday....so in short about 4 months :rolleyes:

Haven't tried fob windows yet! I'll give it ago
 
Crikey Dan, that’s a while! I had toyed with the idea of not refitting my Tuning Box until after the ECU replacement.....but forget that! It’s going back on today!

There was a thread about the windows - apparently it was a feature that should have been ‘turned on’ at the PDI. Quite a cool feature nonetheless....
 
Crikey Dan, that’s a while! I had toyed with the idea of not refitting my Tuning Box until after the ECU replacement.....but forget that! It’s going back on today!

There was a thread about the windows - apparently it was a feature that should have been ‘turned on’ at the PDI. Quite a cool feature nonetheless....


Any chance of a few pics where things go with boxes
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maverick
There is a link a few pages into the “remap” thread which I actually used by the gent in Germany who had his dte box v early, I took a few pictures on my iPhone just as a little reminder. I can post them
In a bit,

Tried the windows and didn’t work :rolleyes: