You cannot really tell a differnce it’s there full stop to be honest, sound or feelDoes the pipercross filter make that silly sneezing sound or is it like the original?
Last edited:
You cannot really tell a differnce it’s there full stop to be honest, sound or feelDoes the pipercross filter make that silly sneezing sound or is it like the original?
You got a fair bit of torque with just the filter on, not bad.You cannot really tell a differnce it’s there full stop to be honest, sound or feel
Dan is telling the truth... There is no gain to be had performance wise... Between the standard air filter and the Piper Cross air filter... The extra performance is coming from his DTUK box.You got a fair bit of torque with just the filter on, not bad.
My apologies I didn't realise I was saying Dan was lying. I was just noticing that he said his dyno ranDan is telling the truth... There is no gain to be had performance wise... Between the standard air filter and the Piper Cross air filter... The extra performance is coming from his DTUK box.
Haha yea I think that's where I was getting confused because so many people have said "yea I've noticed gains!!" And Dan has just gone "na....there ain't". Cheers for clearing that up.No need to apologise... It seems we are at crossed paths here... I was pointing out... that he was saying... that he didn't think there were any gains power wise... after fitting the Piper Cross air filter..
I thought this would be the case when the topic arose... 1-2bhp at very best IMO.. And certainly not enough to notice during every day driving.
His Dyno run figures are with "box" switched out (stock power/torque figures) .. against "box" switched in.
Piper Cross air filter does not give magical power increases as there blurb suggests... It might save you some money over a period of time as it's washable... as opposed to renewing the stock air filter... over a couple of years of ownership.
Dan I feel is the only one so far to say that he notices no difference in the cars performance after fitting... is my point.
I completely missed these replies!! Yea that’s simply the case, I didn’t do a run with stock filter then pipercross, both these runs were done with the pipercross filter. The stock run does indicate more than Hyundai’s released figures...possibly the filter, possibly my car just has slightly more power, But yes I havnt personally found any gain in feel performance wise with just adding the filter.
As for the dyno run I did a few months ago that showed very low figures..... Could be many things, the run I just done at regal was done with my new ecu, which definitely is different in power delivery (more) and overall power I feel, especially with the dtuk box added. At my previous dyno place, They warmed the car up a lot and had the Bonnet shut during the runs, possibly a lot of heat soak?....maybe they were clowns. I’m just very very happy now that my car and box is working as it should and everything I feel is correlating onto paper.
I know that it’s even converted a previously stern box pessimist into actually buying one![]()
Camber isn’t changeable on oem suspension on the front but it is on the rear, since having that set up and finding it way way to light on the front causing understeer @paul-h kindly supplied me with the oem geometry and I’ve gine back to that. The car feels much more alive now and pointy, but without oversteerGood jobAs I understand there is a possibility to adjust camber both in front and rear? Did they also told you, is it possible to adjust oem suspension even so much that camber will be suitable for track too?