• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Brake Upgrade Discussion (Discs / Pads / ... )

Finally found brake pads for my N!
Since I refuse to pay 900 Euro for OEM pads, I got Brembo pads (front and rear). They cost me a total of 140 Euro :D

Took me a long time to find pads since for some reason my VIN isn't recognised by any parts software/vin decoder. Thankfully @NULLOBANDITO shared his a while back so I used it and was able to find pads.

Will be installing them next week. I hope they are at least decent (and quiet). Here are pictures of the boxes so people here can find them easier if they have similar issues to mine.
Brembo are also offering OEM replacement discs.
Really cheap at ~50Eur/piece for the front ones and 40Eur/piece for the rear ones.

Reactions: s.arhangelov
Brembo are also offering OEM replacement discs.
Have you tested it? I'm looking for a replacement of the stock brake disks+pads. Wondering if someone has any experience with the Brembo set.
Does the Performance Pack share the same pads as the 250ps brakes?
Seems so. The brake disk is bigger, but the pads has the same dimentions... Not 100% sure.

Reactions: Nuggets88
Report on my Godspeedbrakes Discs and Pagid RSL29 pads on the front after ~32k km:

Wear's looking excellent, will probably do another 30-50k km and stopping power is awesome as well.
1hHqNEY.jpg
iSQBJVe.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
I'm a bit meh! about the squeal as well, but at least I know what I can expect.
I want the performance.

Finally found brake pads for my N!
Since I refuse to pay 900 Euro for OEM pads, I got Brembo pads (front and rear). They cost me a total of 140 Euro :D

Took me a long time to find pads since for some reason my VIN isn't recognised by any parts software/vin decoder. Thankfully @NULLOBANDITO shared his a while back so I used it and was able to find pads.

Will be installing them next week. I hope they are at least decent (and quiet). Here are pictures of the boxes so people here can find them easier if they have similar issues to mine.

View attachment 16692View attachment 16693
Hey man,How are the Brembo pads? Discs you have stock?

Hey man,How are the Brembo pads? Discs you have stock?
Yes, I am still on the stock discs from the factory. Pads have been great! I drive mostly city with the occasional mountain drive. Also did a 5 day rally with my local car club across 800km. Pads held up quite nicely. Didn't experience any brake fade or annoying sounds. Overall quite happy with the Brembo. Expected them to be bad considering they are the lowest class of pads they make, but am pleasantly surprised.

Yes, I am still on the stock discs from the factory. Pads have been great! I drive mostly city with the occasional mountain drive. Also did a 5 day rally with my local car club across 800km. Pads held up quite nicely. Didn't experience any brake fade or annoying sounds. Overall quite happy with the Brembo. Expected them to be bad considering they are the lowest class of pads they make, but am pleasantly surprised.
Great! Thanks for quick reply. I'll try them too

Reactions: s.arhangelov
So I'm back from the Salzburgring so a little bit of feedback on my brake setup:

Brakes held up quite well and were very predictable. Only problem I've had was high-speed braking when the discs got wet which made them react a bit strange.

Also experienced a bit of brake fade, but I had to be hard on the brakes because the track urges you to dive-bomb corners and shicanes at ~160kph.

Here's how they looked before the trackday:
iSQBJVe.jpg

And here's how they look after a 200km trip back home after the trackady:
a9ZkcMI.jpg

Still work fine and didn't notice much/any degradation of braking force.

I've finally decided to avoid the dealer prices and go OEM, does anyone have any recommendations of the EBC brakes/disks? Will do mainly road driving with some trackdays. Also, are the discs the same front and back? I see they have the Bluestuff NDX, but I don't have any experience with EBC.

I've finally decided to avoid the dealer prices and go OEM, does anyone have any recommendations of the EBC brakes/disks? Will do mainly road driving with some trackdays. Also, are the discs the same front and back? I see they have the Bluestuff NDX, but I don't have any experience with EBC.
Blueprint offer disks and pads for the N.

I personally have tried them on a few cars and same outcome each time. Crap.

I think it must have been the car buy them and fine them crap so bin them and buy what i should have in the first place. Even bluestuff I binned as where crap lacked feel or gave up to easy. Look at ferodo or NXD in Germany

Hi Guys,

Previous trackday my brakes got really hot and they started to vibrate alot under braking.
So I tried this free and easy modification. I deleted the dust shields from behind the front discs. This seems to give alot more cooling where needed.

Went on track again yesterday and the brakes where really good. They lasted and did not show any signs of fade or vibration. Since my brakes are the original ones ~35.000km there is still about 5mm pad left. So its fair to say they are almost gone, but this free upgrade made them just that bit better.

I will modify these OEM shields to protect the ball joints and ABS cable from heat radiation.

2021-08-26_095204.jpg

Last edited: